Daniel2022AT

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Published today from Reuters:

A REUTERS SPECIAL REPORT​

Tesla created secret team to suppress thousands of driving range complaints​

🤦🏽‍♂️

Tesla and Elon Musk are not to be trusted! Not surprised by these actions. Hope Tesla gets punsihed appropriately for all the deceit!

I just skimmed that article. But I'm a little confused. Trying to be completely objective, how is tesla's rosy estimated range any different than our own cars displaying the EPA range when fully charged? I'm not aware of anyone getting EPA range because that's under ideal conditions and therefore unrealistic. We all know that driving style, exterior temperature, elevation changes and even headwind can drastically reduce your range.

Of course, their clandestine behavior and policies are shady. But EV range estimates are always under ideal conditions and vary drastically.

Don't jump down my throat here. I'm just asking a legitimate question and looking to have an intelligent conversation.

I just skimmed that article. But I'm a little confused. Trying to be completely objective, how is tesla's rosy estimated range any different than our own cars displaying the EPA range when fully charged? I'm not aware of anyone getting EPA range because that's under ideal conditions and therefore unrealistic. We all know that driving style, exterior temperature, elevation changes and even headwind can drastically reduce your range.

Of course, their clandestine behavior and policies are shady. But EV range estimates are always under ideal conditions and vary drastically.

Don't jump down my throat here. I'm just asking a legitimate question and looking to have an intelligent conversation.
Not the actual range calculation thats the issue, but the fact that they wouldnt even let service take a look. Thats the shady part..

I think the article makes it sound worse than it is.

We have a similar problem and we've been asking for better range estimates on the dash for a while now.

Try calling service about not getting EPA range. They'll tell you that it's normal. Because it really is. There's nothing service can do about it. The car will get advertised range under certain conditions.

When you grow to Tesla scale the service team is probably so swamped that closing any case is a victory.

I would take this article with a grain of salt. Seems more like a hit piece than objective journalism. If we believed every article that came out about Lucid, we would be fetal by now.

This article made me feel Tesla is like modern day Enron — stretching and exhausting envelop for all boundaries to create imagery of market leading innovation earning projection, but deep down, a lot of things are cooked and elbowing with lawmakers.

But how I see a friend has Tacan can beat EPA and @MoniputerLM has EQS match or beat EPA and I have R1S can beat EPA (45~60mph). But I have not heard any Tesla friend can actually beat EPA. It validates Reuter’s data and how Korean government fined Tesla for misrepresentation.

But how I see a friend has Tacan can beat EPA and @MoniputerLM has EQS match or beat EPA and I have R1S can beat EPA (45~60mph). But I have not heard any Tesla friend can actually beat EPA. It validates Reuter’s data and how Korean government fined Tesla for misrepresentation.
Yeah I've had a lot of friends complain about the range on their Tesla as well, but then again, I've ridden in a Model Y and done 350mi 100-5%.

I think it's just the 2 vs 5 cycle cars. I know I can drive my Lucid a certain, not aggressive, way and only get 2.5mi/kwh from it. I understand the factors involved and have learned to eek out good, no great range(420mi - 3.7mi/kwh) from it (still 50mi short of EPA - but idc).

Either way, I don't think we should just be bashing other manufacturers. I'm sure there's some questionable stuff going on everywhere, haha.

It's because Elon Musk intentionally wanted to mislead. Time to make him accountable for his "over-optimism". Remember the 2016 video of Tesla driving on FSD which was false. There are many more examples, I'm flabbergasted who he could get away with his fibbing.

I would take this article with a grain of salt. Seems more like a hit piece than objective journalism. If we believed every article that came out about Lucid, we would be fetal by now.
Elon Musk intentionally mislead....there is a difference.

Last night I read several of 2020~2021 Tesla Model Y’s 1000 NHTSA complaints; while at same period, Toyota Camry had 40 complaints. My personal conclusion? Corporate greed is ahead of public safety.

488BD35B-3F98-4D2C-84BE-0F0B97A0C8A9.jpeg

Last night I read several of 2020~2021 Tesla Model Y’s 1000 NHTSA complaints; while at same period, Toyota Camry had 40 complaints. My personal conclusion? Corporate greed is ahead of public safety.

View attachment 13764
Exactly why I hate Tesla as a company!! Safety is secondary. Its all hype and snakeoil. Though I do give Elon Musk credit for electrification, all this robotaxi/FSD nonsense needs to be stopped. He actually said if some innocent humans die, its ok if many more others get saved... or to that effect. Even one life killed by FSD is TOOOOO MUCHHHH!

Okay, we get it. I think this thread is only likely to generate more of the same. Closing it before it gets ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back