Temporary Registration

I registered in NY but live in California. Slight delays and complications with NY DMV and my temp expired. Lucid emailed me new documentation and overnighted a new temp tag on the expiration date of the old one. Text customer care and they will react promptly.
This is good information to be aware of. Thx for sharing the 411.

Question - I am a Texas resident. I have my older car (BMW) whose license plate I wish to use for my new Lucid. But I also need to sell the BMW. So how would that work? Do I sell the BMW first, retain the license plate and take it to the DMV, register the lucid and apply license plate to lucid? Or do I go register the Lucid first, transfer teh license plate and then go sell the BMW (But that means I drive theBMW without a license plate on). Super confused...please advise. Thanks in advance

Question - I am a Texas resident. I have my older car (BMW) whose license plate I wish to use for my new Lucid. But I also need to sell the BMW. So how would that work? Do I sell the BMW first, retain the license plate and take it to the DMV, register the lucid and apply license plate to lucid? Or do I go register the Lucid first, transfer teh license plate and then go sell the BMW (But that means I drive theBMW without a license plate on). Super confused...please advise. Thanks in advance
Here in NY I would actually be in the same situation selling my BMW i4 and retaining the plates. I’ve never had to do things this way since I’ve always been able to trade my car to the dealer with him doing the registration work. Even buying my Tesla, they took my Lexus trade.

Uncharted waters here.

Here in NY I would actually be in the same situation selling my BMW i4 and retaining the plates. I’ve never had to do things this way since I’ve always been able to trade my car to the dealer with him doing the registration work. Even buying my Tesla, they took my Lexus trade.

Uncharted waters here.
In December, I sold my wife's Audi S4 to Car Max and we kept the plates. We had them transferred to her BMWi4M50 when it arrived later that month.

It took a month for Lucid to send me the paperwork I needed to sign in order for them to do the registration. I have no idea if it will be finished before my temp tag expires. I got the signatures I needed notarized and sent back the same day I received it. We’ll see.

I’m in Colorado.
Also in Colorado. I just got Lucid registration forms too. Why do I need sign over POA to an unnamed "agent" in CA to get my car registered here in CO?

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I don't have my permanent plates yet. It has nearly been 4 months since I took delivery and Lucid is blaming the delay on AZ DOT. I purchased the car in AZ but will be registering it in CO. Anyone else in AZ having problems getting the paperwork for permanent plates?
I got my Arizona plate in about 60 days. So the problem is not with the AZDOT.

Penn Resident. Got my license plate in the mail about 120 days after taking delivery. They sent an updated temporary tag when the first one was about to expire.

I live in NY. I went to DMV. They rejected the Purchase Agreement because it is not on Lucid letterhead. Lucid said that they cannot make any changes to the Agreement since it is a legal document. DA suggests I ask AAA or State Farm to register the car.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks!

I have been holding off about this but enough is enough. I have been waiting for more than two months for registration and tags. Lucid keeps blaming the state but I have verified the state has not received anything. I hate to say it but Lucid is lying. What in the hell is their problem. This is not how you sell vehicles and win customers with good service. Shame on Lucid. I trust this is clear.

I have been holding off about this but enough is enough. I have been waiting for more than two months for registration and tags. Lucid keeps blaming the state but I have verified the state has not received anything. I hate to say it but Lucid is lying. What in the hell is their problem. This is not how you sell vehicles and win customers with good service. Shame on Lucid. I trust this is clear.
What steps did you take to verify it is not with the state? What steps have you taken to verify with Lucid? This lacks substance so it’s hard to help. Is your temporary tag expired? If so, request another one from Lucid. They will email you the temp document and overnight the paper copy.

Having issues here in NY. Took a month to get the paperwork from Lucid. Its been over a month since returning the forms and they are saying they are having issues with NY DMV over the lease being electronically signed. Not sure what to do but wait for someone to resolve it. I will give it another month then reach out to someone at the executive level to get this resolved.

Also, did you get any paperwork that you can carry in the car showing that the car is leased or owned by you? I have nothing except the temp tag on the rear of the car. Thanks

What steps did you take to verify it is not with the state? What steps have you taken to verify with Lucid? This lacks substance so it’s hard to help. Is your temporary tag expired? If so, request another one from Lucid. They will email you the temp document and overnight the paper copy.
I have repeatedly called Lucid and been told the delay is my state (Maine). I have checked and rechecked at BMV and verified they have not received anything. Don’t challenge the substance of my complaint. I repeat: Lucid is lying. I am not happy to say that but it is the truth. Lying to cover incompetence is not a good look.

I have repeatedly called Lucid and been told the delay is my state (Maine). I have checked and rechecked at BMV and verified they have not received anything. Don’t challenge the substance of my complaint. I repeat: Lucid is lying. I am not happy to say that but it is the truth. Lying to cover incompetence is not a good look.
Not challenging the substance of your complaint. I have posted above in this thread that I had registration issues in NY. I said your post lacked substance. When you say “Lucid is lying” you are insinuating that the entire company has been directed to lie to customers. Which has no substance.

Perhaps a better approach, rather than shouting into this vast, empty cavern of the internet in a negative way, is to request to speak with your delivery advisor’s manager.

Is your current temporary tag from Lucid expired? If not, you are driving around in a legal manner and you are just frustrated. And being frustrated is Ok.

Claiming the entire company is lying, to me, isn’t a good look.

I was very early adopter last year from Texas. Even in my case I had waited 11 weeks for the papers to come thru for registration. I said you should be getting it soon. I know most people here in Texas got it about 2~3 months.

Customer service won’t let me speak to the “DMV” department. They use CA lingo for it. I did not say the whole company is lying. But the folks that customer service contacts are lying when they blame ME BMV. They claim they sent the paperwork but refuse any details. No date or tracking info. After weeks it is clear they didn’t send anything to the state when they claim they did. So it is clear that someone acting for Lucid is lying. This is not a misunderstanding. It is an outright falsehood. I am not trying to pick on Lucid. But they have some rot inside they need to purge. So yes they need to be called out publicly. Hence my messages in a public forum.

Customer service won’t let me speak to the “DMV” department. They use CA lingo for it. I did not say the whole company is lying. But the folks that customer service contacts are lying when they blame ME BMV. They claim they sent the paperwork but refuse any details. No date or tracking info. After weeks it is clear they didn’t send anything to the state when they claim they did. So it is clear that someone acting for Lucid is lying. This is not a misunderstanding. It is an outright falsehood. I am not trying to pick on Lucid. But they have some rot inside they need to purge. So yes they need to be called out publicly. Hence my messages in a public forum.
New states require establishing new processes. Each state's DMV will have a different process. Most counties will even have a slightly different process from each other. I've lived in 5 states, soon to be 6, and more counties than that with not a single DMV's process being quite like the other.

Lucid has to establish the process for 50 states who may not even have the company on the radar PLUS local governance nuances. Alabama took 3+ months with two temp tags from Lucid.

Enjoy the car my dude. No expired tags means you are off the hook until paperwork and bureaucracy are ready, which is rarely "soon" and more like "much later".

I appreciate your point about different states and jurisdictions. But that isn’t what this is about. It is about Lucid claiming to have forwarded paperwork to my state when they have done no such thing. From reading this thread I can only conclude that Lucid has issues. I would love for Lucid to be a huge success. But this isn’t how to achieve that result.

I appreciate your point about different states and jurisdictions. But that isn’t what this is about. It is about Lucid claiming to have forwarded paperwork to my state when they have done no such thing. From reading this thread I can only conclude that Lucid has issues. I would love for Lucid to be a huge success. But this isn’t how to achieve that result.
I think you've made your point, and bone to pick or not, repeating the same thing will not get you help here, and will only cause me to start deleting your posts for repetition.

I'm not sure I agree with your conclusion based on the data you've specified, but nonetheless you are welcome to believe it is correct.

Paging @mcr16 just in case they can assist, but please stop repeating the same thing; we don't work for Lucid here and can't solve your problem for you.

2 months is nothing in the world of DMVs. And Lucid will be happy to send you a second temp tag if need be. Who knows who dropped the ball as far as paperwork goes. But many of us experienced similar delays, so it’s not a signal that something is specifically wrong in your case. It’s just a part of the (current) Lucid buying process. Not having traditional dealerships in every state has some minor drawbacks.

Goodness I got a lot of push back. I finally got my tags with one day to spare. The evidence is clear that Lucid was the delay, not the Maine BMV, which is much more efficient than other states I have lived in. The paperwork from Lucid was dated so the proof is clear. The claims people inside Lucid gave to the customer service reps on several occasions that the problem was at Maine BMV were indeed false. I still call that lying, and Lucid should clean up its act. I understand people being defensive but there is no justification for the BS they gave their own customer service reps to pass on to me. This is a management issue that Lucid can and should fix.

Back