Temporary Registration

cabood

Verified Owner
Cars
Model S, AGT
My 90 day temporary registration is soon to expire and no license plate or registration from my State has arrived. I checked with the Michigan SOS and Lucid hasn’t filed anything. Two calls to customer service and no answers yet.

Anyone else have difficulty getting the permanent registration?

My 90 day temporary registration is soon to expire and no license plate or registration from my State has arrived. I checked with the Michigan SOS and Lucid hasn’t filed anything. Two calls to customer service and no answers yet.

Hm I believe my service center took care of all that for me. I drove around for a couple weeks with paper plates and then my real plate arrived in the mail. I didn’t have to do anything.

I'm in the same boat. My temporary registration doesn't expire for another month (I think) and I'm waiting on my Pennsylvania plates too.

No problem here in Oregon. My DA took care of it and license plate arrived in about 4 weeks and registration about 6 weeks later.

When they delivered mine, they handed me a folio with info to send in. I had to fill it out & file it with the state. Got my plate in plenty of time.

Not sure if that was a different process because I'm in WA state, or just a different delivery experience.

Mine are taking a long time as well. Just received my temp extension plates. Good for another 3 months

Contact for help with this

Mine are taking a long time as well. Just received my temp extension plates. Good for another 3 months

Contact for help with this
I just received another 90 day temporary plate to extend also. Glad to know others are experiencing same...

I had a friend check on my registration today and learned that Lucid doesn’t have a license to sell vehicles in Michigan. This could explain the delay in getting a title and plate.

Anyone in Michigan with a completed registration?

I had a friend check on my registration today and learned that Lucid doesn’t have a license to sell vehicles in Michigan. This could explain the delay in getting a title and plate.

Anyone in Michigan with a completed registration?
I am not sure that it matters. Lucid and even Tesla cannot sell vehicles directly in Texas so they process the paperwork for the customer as of out of state seller. I received an Arizona temporary tag.

I received my plate after 10 weeks, it was all done at Service Center signing off power of attorney to let Lucid take care of it. I see Lucid had to pay $500 more penalty on top of my sales tax for registration. Texas vehicle registration didn’t explain reason for penalty on registration invoice. I suppose Texas auto dealers association is lobbying in making Tesla and Lucid extra steps to sell car as they feel unfair business advantage of online direct B2C business model. Tesla and Lucid don’t get state tax incentive on purchase by LLC, but legacy automakers EVs do get incentives. Texas has no personal income tax btw.

They just emailed a new paper registration and overnighted a new paper plate for us. They will take care of you.

They just emailed a new paper registration and overnighted a new paper plate for us. They will take care of you.
I’d say I’m more curious than worried. It’s another one of the many situations where Lucid would be better served just telling the customer the truth rather than keeping people in the dark.

Looks like this is still an issue from earlier this year.... Today is the last day on my temporary tag and no word from Lucid on an extension or a final registration/plate.

Last time I contacted Lucid (2 weeks ago), I got a rather curt "the process takes time, that is why we gave you 90 day tags". Well, yes, but....

Alabama folks are experiencing displays as well. I just got my car, so I still have quite a bit of time. Others were nearing the end a couple weeks ago. No updates from them.

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I don't have my permanent plates yet. It has nearly been 4 months since I took delivery and Lucid is blaming the delay on AZ DOT. I purchased the car in AZ but will be registering it in CO. Anyone else in AZ having problems getting the paperwork for permanent plates?

No issues here in southern CA, the Lucid folks lined it all up for me and plates came before 90 days were up. Of course if I had a nickel for every car out and about here with no plates at all ;-)

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I don't have my permanent plates yet. It has nearly been 4 months since I took delivery and Lucid is blaming the delay on AZ DOT. I purchased the car in AZ but will be registering it in CO. Anyone else in AZ having problems getting the paperwork for permanent plates?
I registered in NY but live in California. Slight delays and complications with NY DMV and my temp expired. Lucid emailed me new documentation and overnighted a new temp tag on the expiration date of the old one. Text customer care and they will react promptly.

It took a month for Lucid to send me the paperwork I needed to sign in order for them to do the registration. I have no idea if it will be finished before my temp tag expires. I got the signatures I needed notarized and sent back the same day I received it. We’ll see.

I’m in Colorado.

Back