SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked Alexa to play Tidal Beatles, it went to play Amazon Music instead. šŸ˜‚ I donā€™t even see Amazon app in our native Lucid app list. šŸ¤”
If you don't change anything or link anything on Alexa, it defaults to Amazon music. You can change your preferences in the Alexa app or on the desktop version.

My car is locked in the Detailer's Shop overnight and my app shows that the download was completed. How wonderful!
Did you have to connect your car to the Detailer's wifi connection for this to work at his shop overnight?

Nope. Just use the car's LTE. How great is that. I just read where one of the folks on this forum used LTE for all of the updates!

OK, I'm just wondering when the update actually downloaded.
I think it's when you told it to update. They probably only send a very small executable that updates your screen that an update is available and has the file location. Lucid can't download a huge file to your car with the uncertainty of your connection strength or status. Plus, that huge file will mess with any apps you might be running (tidal won't have enough bandwidth). So they push a small file then you pull the large one when you tell the car to update to the new release. Probably pretty difficult to pick out when the small executable was sent although you have a good basis for narrowing the window based on when the first report was.

Does Highway Assist work in sprint mode? The manual says ā€œselecting sprint driving modeā€ is a factor that impacts performance of ADAS. @borski @Bad driver 20202 @Tesla2Lucid

Days away from the answer on my own I guess but Iā€™m bored sitting at an EA charger reading manual like I tend to do.

may be a silly question but does voice commands work with Siri?
If your phone is connected via Bluetooth and you say ā€œHey Siriā€ the car will play her/his action through the speakers and do what you requested provided your phone is able to. However, there is no native Siri built in like Alexa. Yet

I think it's when you told it to update. They probably only send a very small executable that updates your screen that an update is available and has the file location. Lucid can't download a huge file to your car with the uncertainty of your connection strength or status. Plus, that huge file will mess with any apps you might be running (tidal won't have enough bandwidth). So they push a small file then you pull the large one when you tell the car to update to the new release. Probably pretty difficult to pick out when the small executable was sent although you have a good basis for narrowing the window based on when the first report was.
This would be a dangerous way to do updates especially if they're allowing updates over LTE. If the connection gets interrupted mid update you run the risk of it failing or worse off bricking your car. It's easier to have it download fully behind the scenes and do a final check on the file to make sure fully completed. By the time you get notified to install then the update is already sitting on the car and ready to go.

I updated to 2.0.2 yesterday and the car downloaded only 60Mb in the hour it took to update. The car did however download 537Mb last Sunday and 2GB the weekend before which leads me to believe Lucid is pushing the data to cars before the "update" message prompts. I could be wrong but given how major 2.0 is I don't think 60Mb would be the size of the update.

This weekend I have a good trip from Orlando to Miami. Really hoping one of the features enabling highway assistance is batched out before then. Was looking forward to testing it out heavily.

If your phone is connected via Bluetooth and you say ā€œHey Siriā€ the car will play her/his action through the speakers and do what you requested provided your phone is able to. However, there is no native Siri built in like Alexa. Yet
Thanks for Info

48FCCD45-A2D9-4D16-A5C8-4698EA7084B7.jpg

Iā€™m planning out our trip early this December. Driving from New York to Savannah to spend a couple days then visiting friends in Delray Beach Florida for 5 days. Hoping that all the downloads for the rewrite as well as new features for Dream drive are in place by then. Maybe even car play one can hope.

Well 2.0.2 didnā€™t add any stability, I asked Alexa to play NPR while it was navigating and it killed the right screen and pilot panel entirely, had to do a hard reboot haha.
Yeah, you really wonā€™t see any improvements until you see the ā€œbigā€ feature filled release.

Reactions: NPN
I just received my GT back after nearly six weeks in the service facility. Does any one know, prior to 2.0 OTA, what the latest OTA version is? I currently have 1.2.20.

Yeah, you really wonā€™t see any improvements until you see the ā€œbigā€ feature filled release.
Yeah reboot fixed it just fine anyway, so Iā€™m already used to that haha. Any OTA is welcome.

Please do *not* bother customer care about this at this time. It is not available for general release yet. It will be released soon to the entire fleet but it is not out yet. Iā€™m sure there will be plenty of people posting about it here when it is.

Again: please do *not* contact customer care about this yet.

I just received my GT back after nearly six weeks in the service facility. Does any one know, prior to 2.0 OTA, what the latest OTA version is? I currently have 1.2.20.
1.2.21 was the latest prior to 2.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back