SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the large size and sequential number of updates (I think there are 4?), the 100 owner at a time rollout is so it can be an orderly and controlled rollout, and solicited owners were already added purely on a first come first serve basis and that list is now full for the time being. It was only done this way to make the OTA process go smoothly and per Lucid it should get out to all the cars in a couple of weeks, they just started slow so they could flag and manage any unforeseen issues with sending this group of OTA.
While customer service is there for any need, I think it probably does everyone a favor to only utilize their limited resources for problems. I think that was reasonable advice before 2.0 existed too. I do recall a few on here calling/texting customer service when a 2 day old OTA had not been sent to their vehicle yet, so my approach has been to wait a week and then if it seems like almost everyone has got the OTA then ask. I’ve waited as long as 1.5 weeks for a widely available OTA before, no big deal. That’s just my approach, which I don’t think is unreasonable.
Not unreasonable. But I'm fairly active on this forum and even with the search function can't find the thread where it was offered to an additional group. I did read that you had to request to be part of that group. My apologies for not asking the forum if I can contact customer service to inquire about the list. (That's sarcasm, btw)

Not unreasonable. But I'm fairly active on this forum and even with the search function can't find the thread where it was offered to an additional group. I did read that you had to request to be part of that group. My apologies for not asking the forum if I can contact customer service to inquire about the list. (That's sarcasm, btw)
That thread was available to a limited subset of the forum, but you should have been part of that group. Perhaps @Joe can take a look and see why you weren’t.

It’s of course fine that you didn’t ask, you had no way of knowing, and I’m not mad or upset or anything at all! I just wanted to clarify for others that they *shouldn’t* (yet). That’s all.

Meant no offense.

It was in the Members Only lounge. called "October OTA Updates", where the entire process was explained.

You can calm down with the sarcasm, it's really not needed.

That thread was available to a limited subset of the forum, but you should have been part of that group. Perhaps @Joe can take a look and see why you weren’t.

It’s of course fine that you didn’t ask, you had no way of knowing, and I’m not mad or upset or anything at all! I just wanted to clarify for others that they *shouldn’t* (yet). That’s all.

Meant no offense.
I would love to be part of the 'in' club, too!

Being a retired software engineer, I'm certainly not afraid of being a future beta client either (if you're listening, Lucid). :p

I would love to be part of the 'in' club, too!

Being a retired software engineer, I'm certainly not afraid of being a future beta client either (if you're listening, Lucid). :p
There’s a thread about it in the “member’s lounge” :)

If you have at least 25 posts, you should have access to the Members Only Lounge (If you meet this criteria and cannot access it, private message me). Click Here to access it.

It is located under the "New Members Introduction" forum.

@smead @cabood

- Joe

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 4.32.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 4.32.26 PM.png
    464 KB · Views: 76
I updated to 2.0.2 yesterday and the car downloaded only 60Mb in the hour it took to update. The car did however download 537Mb last Sunday and 2GB the weekend before which leads me to believe Lucid is pushing the data to cars before the "update" message prompts. I could be wrong but given how major 2.0 is I don't think 60Mb would be the size of the update.
It would be interesting if you listed the amount of data downloaded after you hit the update button for each of the 3 releases coming up. Yes, 2.0 is a major update but which release of 2.0 is "the" major update or will the upcoming updates be similar sizes? The 2.0.2 supposedly just improved camera/sensor functionality so 60 MB is a reasonable size for that.

To me, a static stationary vehicle is a safer environment to perform the download because you can perform the same checksum routine as in a background download before doing the install. In a background download, when the vehicle leaves the garage and loses wifi and the car switches to LTE, the car loses cell signal or drops to a single bar, it's a hassle.

I wouldn’t consider it bothering customer care for asking to be put on the list, as there clearly is a list of owners post Beta who are receiving the updates. How would we know the list is full without asking?

I know your intentions are good, but please *refrain* from this type of advice.
Everyone here is very excited and wants to be onboard with this experience, but please refrain from telling a mod to reframe from sound advice.

The last thing we need is to flood customer service and never have this type of interaction with Licid employees again.

It would be interesting if you listed the amount of data downloaded after you hit the update button for each of the 3 releases coming up.
Once the Update Button shows up, the software is already downloaded.

I'm on 1.2.19 and have had the car about 2 weeks with no OTA updates. Do you think it's ok to contact customer care about getting to 1.2.21?
If you think you have a legitimate issue with receiving OTAs, it might be worth reaching out. 2 weeks isn’t much time though.

If you think you have a legitimate issue with receiving OTAs, it might be worth reaching out. 2 weeks isn’t much time though.
I’m not getting software notifications either, a bug that will apparently be fixed in 2.0. For now, I need to request updates whenever I see there is one on this board, Twitter, etc.

So when is scheduled update of 2.0 for everyone? I assume that beta testers will move on to 3.0 at that time.

So when is scheduled update of 2.0 for everyone? I assume that beta testers will move on to 3.0 at that time.
Haha I wish. 3.0 is likely a very long time away.

There is no official scheduled release date for 2.0 yet, but it’s extremely close.

All of this positive chatter about 2.0 is making me want a Lucid Air even more! I might upgrade from Pure to Touring since I'm wanting a Pure with all the options anyway.
Well, later adopters have less pain of major bug frustration than the first wave adopters. At the rate of current Lucid software improvement, your Pure/Touring in 2023 will definitely get better UX than 2022 GT. Patience is virtue will be rewarded. 😉

While that will be true for the Pure & Touring owners, I bet a lot of us early adopters get off on the excitement of experiencing the major OTA’s and seeing the sometimes remarkable change in how the software acts.

Just received this email from Lucid Motors:

In a vehicle as advanced as Lucid Air, software plays a vital role in the driving experience. Which is why we’re constantly improving our software to deliver features and a user experience that’s as groundbreaking as our vehicles. Our latest software update, Lucid UX 2.0, which we’re rolling out as a series of progressive releases over the next couple of weeks, is our most significant to date.

We’ve listened to customer feedback and made major refinements, resulting in an updated user interface that makes everything you see and touch more intuitive and easier to use.

Some of the updates won’t be immediately noticeable, but they help lay the important groundwork for other significant improvements. And once all the updates are installed, you’ll enjoy much faster startup speeds for the Glass Cockpit and Pilot Panel displays, updated on-screen layouts that place infotainment buttons and your most-used apps more easily within reach, and turn-by-turn directions that appear in the center of the Glass Cockpit so they’re easier to follow.

You’ll also experience entirely new features like Highway Assist — the next step in the development of DreamDrive Pro — that actively centers you in your lane and determines proper following speed and distance based on traffic flow.

We’ll be releasing our new software through over-the-air updates, and your vehicle will inform you when each one is ready. Then simply follow the prompts on your Pilot Panel or Lucid Mobile App to download and install your update.

And with more software updates planned for the future, your Lucid Air will always have that new software smell.

Just received this email from Lucid Motors:

Got it, too.

I was hoping that it was the email saying that my Touring was ready for delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back