SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.2.21 was the latest prior to 2.0.2
Thank you. I didn't ask, they told me that they would have the latest OTA installed prior to me receiving my car. Currently, the "About" shows that 1.2.20 "You vehicle is up to date." I'll call customer care if it's not pushed out by tomorrow.

Thank you. I didn't ask, they told me that they would have the latest OTA installed prior to me receiving my car. Currently, the "About" shows that 1.2.20 "You vehicle is up to date." I'll call customer care if it's not pushed out by tomorrow.
You bet! You should have it. Hope you’re enjoying the car now that it’s back!

You bet! You should have it. Hope you’re enjoying the car now that it’s back!
Always have enjoyed it for the 2,600 miles I have driven it so far. I'll do an update with my six week service experience later.

I  think there was a minor bug for a while where even though you technically had .21 installed, the version still showed .20.

Either way, glad to see you back on the road with your car again :)

Does Highway Assist work in sprint mode? The manual says “selecting sprint driving mode” is a factor that impacts performance of ADAS. @borski @Bad driver 20202 @Tesla2Lucid

Days away from the answer on my own I guess but I’m bored sitting at an EA charger reading manual like I tend to do.
I'll give it a shot today and tell you.

Please do *not* bother customer care about this at this time. It is not available for general release yet. It will be released soon to the entire fleet but it is not out yet. I’m sure there will be plenty of people posting about it here when it is.

Again: please do *not* contact customer care about this yet.
I wouldn’t consider it bothering customer care for asking to be put on the list, as there clearly is a list of owners post Beta who are receiving the updates. How would we know the list is full without asking?

I know your intentions are good, but please *refrain* from this type of advice.

I wouldn’t consider it bothering customer care for asking to be put on the list, as there clearly is a list of owners post Beta who are receiving the updates. How would we know the list is full without asking?

No good deed…

I think his point was that we're lucky Lucid has someone on the forums offering us tidbits. While it's frustrating missing out the first time they offered early access, if everyone who missed out starts contacting them with hey what about me, they might rethink their strategy in the future.

The more pleasant we make the experience for them, the more open they may be going forward without fear of backlash

Last edited:

Due to the large size and sequential number of updates (I think there are 4?), the 100 owner at a time rollout is so it can be an orderly and controlled rollout, and solicited owners were already added purely on a first come first serve basis and that list is now full for the time being. It was only done this way to make the OTA process go smoothly and per Lucid it should get out to all the cars in a couple of weeks, they just started slow so they could flag and manage any unforeseen issues with sending this group of OTA.
While customer service is there for any need, I think it probably does everyone a favor to only utilize their limited resources for problems. I think that was reasonable advice before 2.0 existed too. I do recall a few on here calling/texting customer service when a 2 day old OTA had not been sent to their vehicle yet, so my approach has been to wait a week and then if it seems like almost everyone has got the OTA then ask. I’ve waited as long as 1.5 weeks for a widely available OTA before, no big deal. That’s just my approach, which I don’t think is unreasonable.

Due to the large size and sequential number of updates (I think there are 4?), the 100 owner at a time rollout is so it can be an orderly and controlled rollout, and solicited owners were already added purely on a first come first serve basis and that list is now full for the time being. It was only done this way to make the OTA process go smoothly and per Lucid it should get out to all the cars in a couple of weeks, they just started slow so they could flag and manage any unforeseen issues with sending this group of OTA.
While customer service is there for any need, I think it probably does everyone a favor to only utilize their limited resources for problems. I think that was reasonable advice before 2.0 existed too. I do recall a few on here calling/texting customer service when a 2 day old OTA had not been sent to their vehicle yet, so my approach has been to wait a week and then if it seems like almost everyone has got the OTA then ask. I’ve waited as long as 1.5 weeks for a widely available OTA before, no big deal. That’s just my approach, which I don’t think is unreasonable.
Hopefully with 2.0 the system has stabilized itself to a point where people are just happy to wait for when the car says "hey! update me". When there's system instability everyone wants the next update ASAP in the hope that it will fix issue but if a system is relatively stable then it's a "I'll update when I get notified approach".

No. With the utmost respect, you’re wrong. The thing that would absolutely kill any future early forum rollouts like this is inundating customer service with requests to be upgraded. That is, and was, one of the biggest fears from rolling out a program like this.

After the very early testers, it was offered to ~100 of the forum users for a wider testing rollout. You are welcome to ask the person who offered, if you can see that thread, if you can be added to the list! That would be fine.

Everyone, all at once, sending messages to customer care asking to be upgraded or added to a list that customer care cannot add anyone to is how this program dies.

As I said, please refrain from contacting customer care about this as it is not in general release yet, and please do not contradict this advice and confuse people into contacting customer care about *this particular issue* at *this particular time.*

Thank you for your consideration and have a nice day. :)

No. With the utmost respect, you’re wrong. The thing that would absolutely kill any future early forum rollouts like this is inundating customer service with requests to be upgraded. That is, and was, one of the biggest fears from rolling out a program like this.

After the very early testers, it was offered to ~100 of the forum users for a wider testing rollout. You are welcome to ask the person who offered, if you can see that thread, if you can be added to the list! That would be fine.

Everyone, all at once, sending messages to customer care asking to be upgraded or added to a list that customer care cannot add anyone to is how this program dies.

As I said, please refrain from contacting customer care about this as it is not in general release yet, and please do not contradict this advice and confuse people into contacting customer care about *this particular issue* at *this particular time.*

An orderly, controlled rollout will benefit all in the long run and will expedite the process. Lucid team needs all the flexibility and support for this pretty massive effort. Borski’s recommendation is absolutely sensible.
Just my opinion.

The entire reason this update was provided to just a few people for early access was that CS wouldn't have to deal with what you just did. It's okay. You didn't mean any harm. Nothing against you.

There was a very specific process for getting into the test group. It's entirely possible you didn't know about it, but now you do.

Try not to take too much offense to this. It happened, you now know, it's over. Hopefully you are in the next wave!

Does Highway Assist work in sprint mode? The manual says “selecting sprint driving mode” is a factor that impacts performance of ADAS. @borski @Bad driver 20202 @Tesla2Lucid

Days away from the answer on my own I guess but I’m bored sitting at an EA charger reading manual like I tend to do.

I was able to engage Highway Assist without any issues while in Sprint mode. I did not see any noticeable difference to the way the car was accelerating or decelerating while using HA in Sprint.

While you are at it, could you please also check if this works --> "Alexa, turn on highway assist"? Thanks!

I can confirm that this does not work. I'm not sure if it's intended to be a feature. Alexa says "I'm not sure what smart device that is" or something similar.

Hope that helps!

Hopefully with 2.0 the system has stabilized itself to a point where people are just happy to wait for when the car says "hey! update me". When there's system instability everyone wants the next update ASAP in the hope that it will fix issue but if a system is relatively stable then it's a "I'll update when I get notified approach".

If it helps, I think when the majority of people have this update (in its final form, with all the user-facing improvements) they will be significantly happier with the car and will be less inclined to eagerly check for updates.

It fixes so many annoyances with the car and makes it feel totally different. The type of refined smooth and fast UI that you would expect from a car of this caliber.

I'm on 1.2.19 and have had the car about 2 weeks with no OTA updates. Do you think it's ok to contact customer care about getting to 1.2.21?

I'm on 1.2.19 and have had the car about 2 weeks with no OTA updates. Do you think it's ok to contact customer care about getting to 1.2.21?

I would 100% say that it would be acceptable for you to ping them and ask about .20 and .21. You've waited long enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back