Surround View Issues

AvlBoiler

Cars
Air Touring/Tesla MYP
First problem since I took delivery.

Since the update installed on Friday my Surround View and Front View stopped working entirely. Just get the spinning circle on the surround and "Unavailable" message for the front cam.

I did both the soft and hard (turn signal) reboot, no luck. Also tried the two button reset that I've seen elsewhere, but it doesn't seem to work at all.

I called Lucid Support yesterday in the early PM, they opened a ticket, but no response yet.

Has anyone else seen this?

Since the update installed on Friday my Surround View and Front View stopped working entirely. Just get the spinning circle on the surround and "Unavailable" message for the front cam.

I did both the soft and hard (turn signal) reboot, no luck. Also tried the two button reset that I've seen elsewhere, but it doesn't seem to work at all.

I called Lucid Support yesterday in the early PM, they opened a ticket, but no response yet.

Please go try it again now that has been an hour. Usually, these cameras will not come on immediately when you get in the car. Try to unlock the car and before you put it in gear, wait a few seconds. I find that from the time the car unlocks, it takes about 40 seconds for the camera system to fully boot up. A little chime is played when the system finishes its put up sequence. In the meantime, a low resolution reversing camera appears in the upper screen with a red horizontal line. This bug is well documented and I think it is one of the most important items that needs to be addressed by the software team.

Please go try it again now that has been an hour. Usually, these cameras will not come on immediately when you get in the car. Try to unlock the car and before you put it in gear, wait a few seconds. I find that from the time the car unlocks, it takes about 40 seconds for the camera system to fully boot up. A little chime is played when the system finishes its put up sequence. In the meantime, a low resolution reversing camera appears in the upper screen with a red horizontal line. This bug is well documented and I think it is one of the most important items that needs to be addressed by the software team.
Tried that with no luck. Originally I hoped it was just taking longer than normal to come on. I've tried 3x today waiting over five mins from entering the car/putting it in gear, no dice.

The "Unavailable" message on the forward camera screen remains as well, however the sensors work as they give me readings when I enter the garage.

Will update after speaking to their support team.

Thanks!

Tried that with no luck. Originally I hoped it was just taking longer than normal to come on. I've tried 3x today waiting over five mins from entering the car/putting it in gear, no dice.

The "Unavailable" message on the forward camera screen remains as well, however the sensors work as they give me readings when I enter the garage.

Will update after speaking to their support team.

Thanks!
Yes, this is not normal behavior. It’s time to get a service visit arranged.

Hi, @AvlBoiler.

Thank you for sharing. I just dropped you a DM.

Marqie

I have this exact same issue, and this is the second time it has happened on my car. The first time it happened was around November (?) or so and it required an ADAS recalibration to fix it. The issue disappeared until around 10 days ago after the Highway Assist software update following which it happened again. I have a service visit scheduled for this Friday and I think a recalibration may be required again. Waiting to see what happens.

This started happening to me after the last update. I called CS, the gent had me do the Key Fob reset which did not work and he punted me to software. That was last week, nothing yet.

I have this exact same issue, and this is the second time it has happened on my car. The first time it happened was around November (?) or so and it required an ADAS recalibration to fix it. The issue disappeared until around 10 days ago after the Highway Assist software update following which it happened again. I have a service visit scheduled for this Friday and I think a recalibration may be required again. Waiting to see what happens.
They are recalibrating mine now (they sent a transport since there is not a service center near me).

It was clearly related to the last update as it stopped working immediately after the update was installed. I will say, the service team has been very responsive and easy to work with. Hope the engineering team solves this one, especially if this is something that requires recalibration.

This started happening to me after the last update. I called CS, the gent had me do the Key Fob reset which did not work and he punted me to software. That was last week, nothing yet.
Hi, @AS10 and @Sam6062.

Thank you for sharing. I dropped you each a DM.

Even though the service visit temporarily fixed the issue (ADAS calibration was needed), the same problem is back again after installing the latest software update which was supposed to fix this exact issue (reliability/robustness of surround view cameras on boot).

The surround view won't load and the turn signal cameras will not display either (which is a crucial feature). Extremely frustrating

Even though the service visit temporarily fixed the issue (ADAS calibration was needed), the same problem is back again after installing the latest software update which was supposed to fix this exact issue (reliability/robustness of surround view cameras on boot).

The surround view won't load and the turn signal cameras will not display either (which is a crucial feature). Extremely frustrating
Which update caused it? Mine is in Richmond right now, looks like they ran the update Friday and are recalibrating the cams today.

I really hope their engineering team solves this one, I'm going to be hesitant to run future software updates otherwise.

2.0.64 caused it, which was ironically supposed to fix the exact same issue
Which update caused it? Mine is in Richmond right now, looks like they ran the update Friday and are recalibrating the cams today.

I really hope their engineering team solves this one, I'm going to be hesitant to run future software updates otherwise.

2.0.64 caused it, which was ironically supposed to fix the exact same issue
That's concerning.

They ran the most recent update on Friday while my car was at the service center in Richmond and reported to me yesterday that the camera is functioning after re-collaboration. Hoping they get it back to me in the next day or two.

2.0.64 couldn't have caused it.

You likely have a bad camera.
Definitely possible that I have a bad camera.

However, the camera system was working as expected before 2.0.64, and has never worked since installing the update. The service team are claiming that this could be a software issue that they are working with the engineering team to fix. Either way, not fun

Update: The issue was 2.0.64. It had reset the previously performed calibrations and the service team had to redo them. Completely software related issue here, and now the car works as expected again. Not great software engineering though

Hi, I just randomly got this issue this afternoon without any software update. Has there been any other solutions outside of a service visit/recalibration? I tried all the resets and solutions above with no luck. Thanks.

Hi, I just randomly got this issue this afternoon without any software update. Has there been any other solutions outside of a service visit/recalibration? I tried all the resets and solutions above with no luck. Thanks.
+1 for ADAS recalibration if resets don't solve the problem. Needs to be done at a service location.

I've had to have this done twice in the 7 months I've had my car.

+1 for ADAS recalibration if resets don't solve the problem. Needs to be done at a service location.

I've had to have this done twice in the 7 months I've had my car.
Thank you. Interestingly, after my many resets last night, it did not work. This morning, it worked without issue.

Back