Front camera blocked warning

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Hi
I’ve been driving through a pretty hard rain storm. I received a message on cockpit screen saying Front Camera blocked.

See image which shows the blank screen.
Is this a known issue? Seems to affect front and rear cameras. Although the surround view works. I wonder if it’s a moisture issue.

I’ll do a reset later to see if that resolves it.

I must say it’s annoying.
Comments?

Attachments

• IMG_0349.jpeg
    IMG_0349.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 132
Hi
I’ve been driving through a pretty hard rain storm. I received a message on cockpit screen saying Front Camera blocked.

Is this a known issue? Seems to affect front and rear cameras. Although the surround view works. I wonder if it’s a moisture issue.

Comments?
Before you do a reset… Have you tried to clean the camera?

Hi

Comments?
I get that now each time it rains heavy. I've been ignoring it. Let know if the reset works?

I got that quite often during winter. I just ignore it.

Before you do a reset… Have you tried to clean the camera?
Yes we stopped at a rest area and cleaned the camera. No effect. I kept driving till I reached my charging location at EA. While it charged for about 40 minutes we had lunch.

When we got back to the car the cameras were working again.

Then on our next leg, maybe another hour or so, under heavy rain, the same happened again.

This is not a good thing to happen to a $150,000 car. My Lexus (half the price) never does this.

Yes we stopped at a rest area and cleaned the camera. No effect. I kept driving till I reached my charging location at EA. While it charged for about 40 minutes we had lunch.

When we got back to the car the cameras were working again.

Then on our next leg, maybe another hour or so, under heavy rain, the same happened again.

This is not a good thing to happen to a $150,000 car. My Lexus (half the price) never does this.
Well, your Lexus doesn’t warn you about this. Doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Heavy rain makes for poor visibility. Lucid is just trying to tell you that. The cameras don’t have windshield wipers. Try driving in that rain without your wipers and see how well you can make out what’s going on.

The camera isn’t malfunctioning. It’s just blinded by the elements. As any camera would be.

I agree, the warning is annoying. Especially since there is nothing I can do about it. I think at some point Lucid will back off on some of the many over-informative error messages that show up in various conditions. For now, you can safely ignore that one.

Well, your Lexus doesn’t warn you about this. Doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Heavy rain makes for poor visibility. Lucid is just trying to tell you that. The cameras don’t have windshield wipers. Try driving in that rain without your wipers and see how well you can make out what’s going on.

The camera isn’t malfunctioning. It’s just blinded by the elements. As any camera would be.

I agree, the warning is annoying. Especially since there is nothing I can do about it. I think at some point Lucid will back off on some of the many over-informative error messages that show up in various conditions. For now, you can safely ignore that one.
Its not just a warning. When this happens you can't use the front and rear cameras. In the image I posted you can see the front/rear camera is blank.

Its not just a warning. When this happens you can't use the front and rear cameras. In the image I posted you can see the front/rear camera is blank.
But what would you expect to see in that level of rain? That’s my point. The camera isn’t broken. Lucid’s software is turning it off because it deems the view to be unusable. That’s why it always comes back on later.

As far as I can tell, Lucid generally leans on the cautious side in its software. If the car thinks it can’t provide accurate information or function to a certain level of satisfaction, it turns off the function and flies up a warning. I think they could easily tweak that to be a little more forgiving. But I’d rather they were too cautious than not cautious enough, especially in these early days.

I get the Front Camera Blocked warning usually about once every two weeks. It stays on for about a minute then turns off. Since the camera hasn't been blocked and it isn't raining when it happens, I'm wondering if it is a minor software glitch.

I get the Front Camera Blocked warning usually about once every two weeks. It stays on for about a minute then turns off. Since the camera hasn't been blocked and it isn't raining when it happens, I'm wondering if it is a minor software glitch.
Have you considered cleaning the cameras?

They seem clean. I'll clean them again.

Have you considered cleaning the cameras?
The front window looked perfectly clean, but with sunlight shining directly through the window, I could see some faint water spots.

I have “Front camera blocked, contact CS” warning first time yesterday. It wasn’t blocked on the scorching summer day. I tested, I can still see front camera with the warning. This reminds me I got “Lidar blocked” warning occasionally during raining days. I really wonder if it is software related glitches or hardware sensitivity. They usually goes away after a parking reset.

Back