Pulling into a parking space

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Hi all
Today I was pulling into a parking space. The surround view appears as well as the front camera view to show the distance to the curb.

This has always worked flawlessly. Today I pulled into a strip mall spot; first time I’ve been there with my Lucid.

In the attached images you see it shows 69”. It’s about 69” from the building but NOT 69” to the curb which is about 18”.

Has anyone else seen these issues? How can I tell Lucid about this?
Thanks
9C203EE5-5A80-496E-B100-FA7AB79DBB06.jpeg
283D2B61-51D7-4606-B0E9-D5E2138A49EC.jpeg

Just curious, would the bumper clear this particular curb?

I don’t know. I didn’t want to take a chance. I just used the picture and stopped when it was close enough by sight.
Email the pictures to Customer Care. I find that the distance sometimes picks up the curb and sometimes not. Hence, I need look at the picture not just the distance indication.

Hi all
Today I was pulling into a parking space. The surround view appears as well as the front camera view to show the distance to the curb.

This has always worked flawlessly. Today I pulled into a strip mall spot; first time I’ve been there with my Lucid.

In the attached images you see it shows 69”. It’s about 69” from the building but NOT 69” to the curb which is about 18”.

Thanks
View attachment 7101View attachment 7102
I've had no problem with the sensors picking up the distance to the curb when the curb is high enough to scrape the underside of my bumper.

When you get close enough to a curb, it's going to be below the ultrasonic sensors' field of view. Can't rely on ultrasound for detecting curbs and parking bumpers for that reason.

It appears that the curb was not detected by the Lucid software in this case. I would give customer service a call and send the pictures along. It's wonderful that you have the photos. It should help them tackle this issue.

Hi all

Thanks
View attachment 7101View attachment 7102
that occurs some of the time, but rarely. The camera though clearly shows the front of the car approaching the curb.

It appears that the curb was not detected by the Lucid software in this case. I would give customer service a call and send the pictures along. It's wonderful that you have the photos. It should help them tackle this issue.
Thanks. I just emailed them with all details.

I just received a reply from customerCare:

“It looks like the issue you are experiencing is a glitch within the software. It seems as if the vehicle is not registering the curb.

I have reached out to the infotainment team that handles the updates and reported this issue to them, so they are aware and can work on a fix for this.”

I was at an EA charging station yesterday and had a hard time getting the cable to reach the vehicle’s port. I had to park over the concrete stopper and I was worried about scraping the bottom. Fortunately it didn’t but I was on my 19” wheels then. If I had the 21” wheels, I think it would’ve scraped it which means the whole charging station is unusable to Lucid folks on 21”. Unless they park it sideways and block 3-4 stations :D or they don’t care about scratching the bottom.

I’ve seen something similar myself…went off the camera instead of the distance estimate

I was at an EA charging station yesterday and had a hard time getting the cable to reach the vehicle’s port. I had to park over the concrete stopper and I was worried about scraping the bottom. Fortunately it didn’t but I was on my 19” wheels then. If I had the 21” wheels, I think it would’ve scraped it which means the whole charging station is unusable to Lucid folks on 21”. Unless they park it sideways and block 3-4 stations :D or they don’t care about scratching the bottom.
Are you suggesting that 21" wheels have less clearance than 19" wheels?

If I'm not mistaken, the clearance for the bumper should be the same regardless of size wheel you have, cause the tire side wall makes up for the difference is smaller diameter rims.

I have a Touring in production and have concerns about parking in my tight garage. My Model S does a flawless job of measuring both the front and side distances to any objects. How well does your Lucid measure side distances?

If you are concerned about side distances, use the auto park feature

I usually pull my car up to a large hose reel box in our garage. Most of the time the front sensors display the distance to the reel box, but sometimes they display the distance to the wall behind the box even though the conditions are identical.

I have a Touring in production and have concerns about parking in my tight garage. My Model S does a flawless job of measuring both the front and side distances to any objects. How well does your Lucid measure side distances?
The available 360 degree camera view makes tight parking pretty easy, night and day compared to our previous model 3. The parking view generally pops up automatically.

I usually place my mother in law where the back wall is, just as a precaution not to scratch the bumper. And she is still alive, I fault Lucid for that :)

I too have had multiple times that the measurement is not to the parking bar or the curb it's picking up something further away. I just go super slow and look at the over head camera too. I had a much lower to the ground FRS prior to this car and had some pretty awful experiences with parking bars so I am super paranoid. So far so good- but I wish that measurement was way more accurate.

Back