Pulling into a parking space

Hi all
Today I was pulling into a parking space. The surround view appears as well as the front camera view to show the distance to the curb.

This has always worked flawlessly. Today I pulled into a strip mall spot; first time I’ve been there with my Lucid.

In the attached images you see it shows 69”. It’s about 69” from the building but NOT 69” to the curb which is about 18”.

Has anyone else seen these issues? How can I tell Lucid about this?
Thanks
View attachment 7101View attachment 7102
I've had this happen to me as well, usually it's because the car can clear the curb or because it's too low
Just curious, would the bumper clear this particular curb?
I'm curious about this too

Has anyone used the auto park feature to pull into a tight garage? I’m afraid to risk it.

Has anyone used the auto park feature to pull into a tight garage? I’m afraid to risk it.
Auto park will back in, not pull in. I have, on my demo ride. The parking spot had a Air GT on one side and concrete pillar on the other. The SA wasn't at all nervous, as the car ba.cked up, pulled forward, backed up, etc., to get into the space. It did fine, though slow, and it left the front of the car out a bit too far for the SA's preference, so I backed it up a bit more after the GT declared success.
But I've read stories on this forum that indicate different levels of success, so don't go by my single success story.

Auto park will back in, not pull in. I have, on my demo ride. The parking spot had a Air GT on one side and concrete pillar on the other. The SA wasn't at all nervous, as the car ba.cked up, pulled forward, backed up, etc., to get into the space. It did fine, though slow, and it left the front of the car out a bit too far for the SA's preference, so I backed it up a bit more after the GT declared success.
But I've read stories on this forum that indicate different levels of success, so don't go by my single success story.
hahah the test drive is EXACTLY where I would test this feature, not on my own car LOL

Hi all
Today I was pulling into a parking space. The surround view appears as well as the front camera view to show the distance to the curb.

This has always worked flawlessly. Today I pulled into a strip mall spot; first time I’ve been there with my Lucid.

In the attached images you see it shows 69”. It’s about 69” from the building but NOT 69” to the curb which is about 18”.

Has anyone else seen these issues? How can I tell Lucid about this?
Thanks
View attachment 7101View attachment 7102
Mine has ALWAYS done that and scares the heck out of me but after realizing that early on I know not to zoom into the parking right next to the strip mall. It’s a good thing that after one of the update the camera comes on so you can visually see the curb. Have not hit any curb yet 🤞

I tried practicing auto park a lot today. It was not very good. Out of the 8 attempts, 3 would not finish after starting, 2 were so close to the car next to me I couldn’t get out, and one tried to parallel park in a spot that was a pull in spot almost smashing the car next to it. I did have 3 really good parking jobs. Also Auto Park was weird in that some of the time the parking spots were not acknowledged to the point of me saying I’m going to stop and shift around to see if that changes its vision.

Anyone else see things like this?

So far, auto park is just ok. I think it needs a little software tweaking to make it better.

I tried practicing auto park a lot today. It was not very good. Out of the 8 attempts, 3 would not finish after starting, 2 were so close to the car next to me I couldn’t get out, and one tried to parallel park in a spot that was a pull in spot almost smashing the car next to it. I did have 3 really good parking jobs. Also Auto Park was weird in that some of the time the parking spots were not acknowledged to the point of me saying I’m going to stop and shift around to see if that changes its vision.

So far, auto park is just ok. I think it needs a little software tweaking to make it better.
As @MHDave said above after trying on a test vehicle and being successful. Everyone's success is varying. I don't trust the car to auto park for me. There's plenty of cameras and sensors for me to do a parking job that's superb myself

Just don't want to add to the slowness or complications of what the sensors see.

I'd only ever test auto park in a test vehicle lol

As @MHDave said above after trying on a test vehicle and being successful. Everyone's success is varying. I don't trust the car to auto park for me. There's plenty of cameras and sensors for me to do a parking job that's superb myself

Just don't want to add to the slowness or complications of what the sensors see.

I'd only ever test auto park in a test vehicle lol
While I agree there are plenty of cameras to do a fantastic park job myself, I didn’t buy the feature to not use it. So I figured I’d give it a whirl and see. But I can assure you, my foot was 1cm from the brake pedal during hairy situations!

I had autopark on my last DD, a 2018 BMW 530e. If five years I never let the car park itself. I have too many control issues.

My GV60 does have a useful feature: it can pull in or out of a space using the fob. I tried it when I purchased the car and it worked. That would be useful if some imbecile decided to park right next to me leaving me no room to open my door. I could then use the fob to get the car backed out of the space.

But we are all drivers...most of us don't want the car to drive itself or park itself. We want to enjoy the art of driving.

I had autopark on my last DD, a 2018 BMW 530e. If five years I never let the car park itself. I have too many control issues.

My GV60 does have a useful feature: it can pull in or out of a space using the fob. I tried it when I purchased the car and it worked. That would be useful if some imbecile decided to park right next to me leaving me no room to open my door. I could then use the fob to get the car backed out of the space.

But we are all drivers...most of us don't want the car to drive itself or park itself. We want to enjoy the art of driving.
The Lucid manual also includes a “unpark” option that isn’t there yet, so that’s coming.

I do love the drive! 🤣

I do love the drive! 🤣
I have had no issues with the auto park feature. As long as you make sure the car is trying to park in the correct orientation when you select your spot, it's worked flawlessly for me. Not too close to the curb, or to other cars. I know peoples experiences vary, but I have not had issue. Granted I do not do it all the time, but when I do, it's worked. I posted a video of my auto park on twitter a while back.

Auto park video

... Fortunately it didn’t but I was on my 19” wheels then. If I had the 21” wheels, I think it would’ve scraped it ...
If you do the math, the 21" rim size has a final wheel diameter that is 0.1" larger than those of the 19" rim (that's 0.05" more road clearance, not less).
This is comparing the 245/45/19 to the 245/35/21 front tire (comparing the 265/35/21 gives you a 6x (0.3") more road clearance in the rear).

If you are concerned about side distances, use the auto park feature
I didn’t realize this is an option. My side mirrors clear the garage door sides by about 3”. Have you actually used auto park in this type situation? I’m not sure I have enough trust to try it😩

I have had no issues with the auto park feature. As long as you make sure the car is trying to park in the correct orientation when you select your spot, it's worked flawlessly for me. Not too close to the curb, or to other cars. I know peoples experiences vary, but I have not had issue. Granted I do not do it all the time, but when I do, it's worked. I posted a video of my auto park on twitter a while back.

Auto park video
Couple questions:
Does the car automatically determine if you'll fit? Or do you have to do that math yourself? I'm not used to the size of the Lucid yet

And 2, do you hover your brake?

Couple questions:
Does the car automatically determine if you'll fit? Or do you have to do that math yourself? I'm not used to the size of the Lucid yet

I haven’t tried lately, but when I did (about 5 times), it worked well for me.

The reason I don’t try much is sometimes I get antsy with traffic in parking lot. My foot is always hovering on brake to stop in case another near by is coming or moving away. Mostly, I have almost forgotten this feature.

Your answer:
1 - Supersonic sensors suppose to determine the open spot, you have to change orientation sometimes.

2 - I always hover the brake pad looking at rear camera, bc it is driving backward whether parking perpendicular or parallel. It can be nerve racking to look at camera screen bc it is driving faster than I normally would in reverse parking.

Couple questions:

The car will determine if you will fit. if you don't the car won't recognize it as a spot or won't give you that option. It can be finicky sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't recognize the spot as a parallel spot and insists its a pull in spot. I made that mistake the first time I was testing and was like what is the car doing? Then I tried again and noticed the indicators on the screen that indicated if the car recognized it was a parallel vs pull in spot.

Do I hover my foot on the brake? Yes I still do, just in case. I watch the 360 to make sure its not gonna curb the wheels and that I won't hit the car, but I haven't had to intervene. I had the car practice in a controlled environment first, with my own cars far apart to get a sense of how the car does the job.

Then I tried again and noticed the indicators on the screen that indicated if the car recognized it was a parallel vs pull in spot.
Not always, but you can also usually rotate and tell it it’s one or the other. Sometimes it won’t let you though.

I find with the 360 view I have zero reason to ever risk auto park, after it curbed my 21s twice. On the 19s, I might use it though.

I didn’t realize this is an option. My side mirrors clear the garage door sides by about 3”. Have you actually used auto park in this type situation? I’m not sure I have enough trust to try it😩
I can’t. I don’t think auto park software development is complete enough to do that.

My fit is tight too. Probably in the same range of inches as your fit.

Back