RESOLVED Strange Problem with Home Link

fyellin

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
I am having a really strange problem with Home Link on my Lucid. About 50% of the time, I click the Home Link, the garage door starts to close, and then it bounces right back up, as if it hit something.

Normally, I'd blame this on the garage door mechanism, but this *only* ever happens with the Lucid Home Link. This afternoon, it happened three times in a row, each time the garage descending about two feet and then returning. I went into the garage and pushed the button, and it closed just fine.

I'm completely baffled how or why this could occur, but it only ever occurs with the Lucid.

Anyone experience anything similar? Any ideas what might be happening?

I am having a really strange problem with Home Link on my Lucid. About 50% of the time, I click the Home Link, the garage door starts to close, and then it bounces right back up, as if it hit something.

Normally, I'd blame this on the garage door mechanism, but this *only* ever happens with the Lucid Home Link. This afternoon, it happened three times in a row, each time the garage descending about two feet and then returning. I went into the garage and pushed the button, and it closed just fine.

I'm completely baffled how or why this could occur, but it only ever occurs with the Lucid.

If your car is too close to the garage, SOME sensors will pick up the LIDAR/RADAR or whatever DAR and it'll trigger the safety stop. Back up further and test it out.

Weird! I’ve had it happen with my garage sometimes, but it’s always been the sensors being misaligned. Never had it happen with just the lucid.

I think someone else had the issue though and they moved their sensors up a bit? Is it possible the LiDAR is messing with the laser sensors for when someone is in the garage doorway?

There are several other threads about this here, search Garage Door. I have found the same issue (I think caused by Lidar).
If I back straight out, leave in either Reverse or Drive the door starts down and then reverses to fully open.
If I back straight out, put in PARK until door is fully down, NO problem.
If I back out and have car 90 degrees or so to garage door receiver, garage door I can push button and drive away as the door continues to close.
I called Genie (Overhead Door) and asked if they had any problems with Lidar, they said not that they know of.

Same with mine.

If your car is too close to the garage, SOME sensors will pick up the LIDAR/RADAR or whatever DAR and it'll trigger the safety stop. Back up further and test it out.
Same with mine.
There are several other threads about this here, search Garage Door. I have found the same issue (I think caused by Lidar).
If I back straight out, leave in either Reverse or Drive the door starts down and then reverses to fully open.
If I back straight out, put in PARK until door is fully down, NO problem.
If I back out and have car 90 degrees or so to garage door receiver, garage door I can push button and drive away as the door continues to close.
I called Genie (Overhead Door) and asked if they had any problems with Lidar, they said not that they know of.
Thanks for the info. Good to know it's a real phenomenon and I'm not imagining things!

Yes, when I had the four failures this morning, I was directly facing the garage day and only a few feet away. Lidar/Radar sounds like a reasonable explanation.

Yup. You're not alone. Anytime I'm in gear (forward or reverse) with the car stopped, two feet from the bottom it reverses and goes back up. Putting it in Park and doing as suggested works well, just have to wait for the door to close all the way. A nuisance. Not sure what technology is interfering with the sensors, but it is only the Lucid.

Yup. You're not alone. Anytime I'm in gear (forward or reverse) with the car stopped, two feet from the bottom it reverses and goes back up. Putting it in Park and doing as suggested works well, just have to wait for the door to close all the way. A nuisance. Not sure what technology is interfering with the sensors, but it is only the Lucid.
Please send this analysis to customer service.

I believe the lidar is not active when in park so it does not interfere with your garage sensors.

Please send this analysis to customer service.

How does one contact customer service. The phone number? Is there a way to report bugs?

My experience is similar to the thepolock. Actually worse. I can be about 20ft away and pointing about 80º away from the garage, and it'll still trigger the garage to go back up

I think Lucid has a programming group more interested in the elegance of their programs than in usability. I could not get home link to work. Lucid tec support managed to get to work then came the update. Door opening wiped - tried to re program and didn't work (several tries) and now my other non Lucid fobs start to open the door and then, close it. Lucid needs to check their programs with people not programmers.

I think Lucid has a programming group more interested in the elegance of their programs than in usability. I could not get home link to work. Lucid tec support managed to get to work then came the update. Door opening wiped - tried to re program and didn't work (several tries) and now my other non Lucid fobs start to open the door and then, close it. Lucid needs to check their programs with people not programmers.
Welcome to the forum. I see this is one of your first posts.

If you need help programming your HomeLink, please give a detailed description what you have done so far, possibly including screenshots. Many folks here, including myself, would love to help you.

In the future, please try to keep your comments constructive and objective. Refrain from sweeping generalizations, as per this section of our guidelines:

"...while it is highly encouraged to post recommendations on ways to improve the vehicles, please refrain from telling Lucid what they should do or how they should run their business; “armchair CEO” comments are widespread on the internet and nearly always missing nuance. Unless you have run a large auto manufacturer, it is very easy to lose the forest for the trees, and there are likely many challenges one is not aware of unless actually in the role. It is easy to forget there are thousands of real people working very hard to design, build, sell, and service Lucid vehicles. Please keep them in mind when you're about to write something negative."

Welcome to the forum. I see this is one of your first posts.

If you need help programming your HomeLink, please give a detailed description what you have done so far, possibly including screenshots. Many folks here, including myself, would love to help you.

In the future, please try to keep your comments constructive and objective. Refrain from sweeping generalizations, as per this section of our guidelines:

"...while it is highly encouraged to post recommendations on ways to improve the vehicles, please refrain from telling Lucid what they should do or how they should run their business; “armchair CEO” comments are widespread on the internet and nearly always missing nuance. Unless you have run a large auto manufacturer, it is very easy to lose the forest for the trees, and there are likely many challenges one is not aware of unless actually in the role. It is easy to forget there are thousands of real people working very hard to design, build, sell, and service Lucid vehicles. Please keep them in mind when you're about to write something negative."
I will be specific - The garage door opener does not program tried 3 times. The service tec got it to work but the update wiped it out. Now AFTER MY TRIES TO PROGRAM my other garage door openers do not work

The general comment dealt with Lucid software designers who are more interested in elegance than usability. Read the comments, almost all of the comments and whishes have to do with usability. Take for example the garage door opening symbol it is so small that it is easy to miss and the homelink button is .5x1 inch which takes you to the navigation screen. Home link has to do with getting home and operating the at home devices.

Homelink takes you to the navigation screen? Can you take a video of that happening so I can report it please?

What happens when you try to program? I’d like to help.

Now AFTER MY TRIES TO PROGRAM my other garage door openers do not work
The Lucid cannot reprogram your other garage door openers; that is not a capability it has. If your garage door is not opening with your original garage openers this is likely an issue with your garage door, not the Lucid.
The general comment dealt with Lucid software designers who are more interested in elegance than usability.
This is the specific comment that we frown upon here. It does not add any value, is a baseless assumption, and based on my conversation and interactions with the software teams at Lucid, is also simply incorrect. They are far from perfect, but usability is paramount in their eyes.
Take for example the garage door opening symbol it is so small that it is easy to miss and the homelink button is .5x1 inch which takes you to the navigation screen.
You do not have to hit the homelink button specifically; you can tap anywhere in the top left bar (where the symbols for Alexa, Homelink, etc. are) and it will being up the same menu.

Please take a video of you trying to program the Homelink setup in the car - it would make it much easier to diagnose and help you :)

Back