Steering Wheel Button Issue

Mine broke withhin 2 weeks of ownership in October. Replaced the steering wheel when it broke and it's been ok since.
Mine has now broken for the 2nd time, still under warranty.

Had the similar experience, so I now use the button only to turn on and off to avoid stressing the anchor hooks holding the button in place. For volume adjustment, I use the center wheel.

Had the similar experience, so I now use the button only to turn on and off to avoid stressing the anchor hooks holding the button in place. For volume adjustment, I use the center wheel.
The center wheel is faster, anyway. The steeing wheel one has a delay to it that bugs the heck out of me.

I do use the rocker on the left side for increasing / decreasing ACC speed. Haven't had any issues with them breaking. I did get a new wheel recently, though, so in fairness I haven't used them all that much yet on this latest one.

I still want to know what you guys are all doing to break these buttons
I’ll take “using them” for $100.

I’ve had steering wheel button issues on about every wheel I’ve had until the latest iteration. Rock solid now.

I’ll take “using them” for $100.

I’ve had steering wheel button issues on about every wheel I’ve had until the latest iteration. Rock solid now.
That's what I'm wondering. This is my daily driver and the buttons feel the same as day 1...almost 2 years later

That's what I'm wondering. This is my daily driver and the buttons feel the same as day 1...almost 2 years later
That’s the same kind of thing I used to hear people say about tire welts on their 21 inch Pirellis, until they got their first tire welt. 😂

I can’t answer why some of the older wheels are prone to defective buttons, while others are fine but I do know that it’s a known issue to Lucid and the new steering wheel seems to fix both the creaking and the loose and broken button issues. I promise you that’s it’s not user error from people playing whack-a-mole with their buttons.

That’s the same kind of thing I used to hear people say about tire welts on their 21 inch Pirellis, until they got their first tire welt. 😂

I can’t answer why some of the older wheels are prone to defective buttons, while others are fine but I do know that it’s a known issue to Lucid and the new steering wheel seems to fix both the creaking and the loose and broken button issues. I promise you that’s it’s not user error from people playing whack-a-mole with their buttons.
Maybe they all treat their steering wheels the same way the gear shifter is treated here!

You know what we haven’t heard a lot about on this forum in the past several months: tire welts. Maybe because some folks learned how to drive differently with low profile tires? Maybe because they took the good advice to inflate them a bit more?

Just saying…

Stop playing whack-a-mole with those buttons!

Another thought: it’s been summer. So perhaps those tires aren’t so prone when you aren’t driving them in colder temps?

Another thought: it’s been summer. So perhaps those tires aren’t so prone when you aren’t driving them in colder temps?
It does make sense.. now that fall is coming we can see the final results.

Also, many of the people with blowouts switched to 20s or 19s, food for thought.

You know what we haven’t heard a lot about on this forum in the past several months: tire welts. Maybe because some folks learned how to drive differently with low profile tires? Maybe because they took the good advice to inflate them a bit more?

Just saying…

Stop playing whack-a-mole with those buttons!

Ok everyone, you heard it here. The steering wheel button and creaking issues are your fault, so stop banging on on the wheel. Don’t call Lucid asking for service to fix the known issues with the new steering wheel, which was designed to fix these issues.

Also, 21 inch pirellis are awesome, so stop replacing them with 19 inch wheels and taking other cars when the road is not 100% perfect. Please ignore all of the threads on this forum about it because you have now been educated on how to properly drive and inflate tires.

Nuff said

Ok everyone, you heard it here. The steering wheel button and creaking issues are your fault, so stop banging on on the wheel. Don’t call Lucid asking for service to fix the known issues with the new steering wheel, which was designed to fix these issues.

Also, 21 inch pirellis are awesome, so stop replacing them with 19 inch wheels and taking other cars when the road is not 100% perfect. Please ignore all of the threads on this forum about it because you have now been educated on how to properly drive and inflate tires.

Nuff said
A sense of humor comes in handy, I find.

I apologize if your intent was humor.
My tongue was most definitely planted firmly in cheek. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

While I do legitimately think to some degree people have adjusted their driving and PSI on those 21s, plus have been driving them in their appropriate temperatures, which has all but eliminated complaints of blow outs and bubbles on this forum (they didn’t all switch to 19s) I most definitely don’t think most folks are abusing their steering wheel buttons. I think the buttons are just not “robust” enough to stand up to firm usage. So likely those of us not experiencing button issues are being somewhat gentle with them.

Some people are just harder on their cars than others. (Any car my sister drives tends to fall apart years before it should.) But ideally, you’d want to build the thing to withstand the rougher treatment. Within reason. Those buttons likely don’t live up to that standard.

My tongue was most definitely planted firmly in cheek. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

While I do legitimately think to some degree people have adjusted their driving and PSI on those 21s, plus have been driving them in their appropriate temperatures, which has all but eliminated complaints of blow outs and bubbles on this forum (they didn’t all switch to 19s) I most definitely don’t think most folks are abusing their steering wheel buttons. I think the buttons are just not “robust” enough to stand up to firm usage. So likely those of us not experiencing button issues are being somewhat gentle with them.

Some people are just harder on their cars than others. (Any car my sister drives tends to fall apart years before it should.) But ideally, you’d want to build the thing to withstand the rougher treatment. Within reason. Those buttons likely don’t live up to that standard.
I feel like I’m an expert on the steering wheel topic because I’ve had 4 of the 5 iterations. The first time was for loose buttons and steering wheel creaks that were noted right after delivery. The second time was because the creak came back. The 3rd time I received the wheel it came with a button that had a broken spring. The most current version fixed both the creak and loose buttons. I don’t have any idea why some buttons are loose and/or broken, but I’m happy that there is a permanent fix that takes care of both issues.

Also, I have beautiful soft hands, so no chance that it’s from pressing like a gorilla. Ok, that was a joke.

Back