Steering Wheel Button Issue

Boomer AZ

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
The mute button for the audio, on the steering wheel, broke. Looks like the clasp on one end broke. Looks to me like a new part should just snap in. Service advisor tells me this is a known thing. The only solution is to replace the entire steering wheel assembly. So, instead of the 25 cent part, change out the $1500 steering wheel assembly. I hope a lucid exec reads this.

Attachments

• IMG_8597.jpeg
    IMG_8597.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_8596.jpeg
    IMG_8596.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 150
replacing the entire steering wheel for a tiny little button? isn't that an overkill?

Not good for a struggling company and hope they have another option when the warranty is up.
Lucid's supplier may carry the burden of in-warranty cost.

Yea the design of the steering wheel scroll wheels requires quite a bit of force (upwards and downwards) on that button assembly. I'm sure that contributes to the failure. I rarely use the volume adjustment on the steering wheel as it is pretty laggy, the center scroll wheel is far more responsive.

Yea the design of the steering wheel scroll wheels requires quite a bit of force (upwards and downwards) on that button assembly. I'm sure that contributes to the failure. I rarely use the volume adjustment on the steering wheel as it is pretty laggy, the center scroll wheel is far more responsive.
I've actually never noticed there was another volume button on the steering 🫢 got to check that out tomorrow

Note to self, continue to hardly use this button.

Was coming to type this. It's the main reason why I hardly use this button. It's way too difficult to turn up and down.

The mute button for the audio, on the steering wheel, broke. Looks like the clasp on one end broke. Looks to me like a new part should just snap in. Service advisor tells me this is a known thing. The only solution is to replace the entire steering wheel assembly. So, instead of the 25 cent part, change out the $1500 steering wheel assembly. I hope a lucid exec reads this.
This isn’t covered under warranty? How did it happen?

The only solution is to replace the entire steering wheel assembly.
With the wheel from the Sapphire ?

I never use those things: they seem way to plastic / cheap / loosely-fitted as if they will fall off or break any moment, and they don't feel right = not satisfying in any way.
It's definitely the crummiest part on the car.

With the wheel from the Sapphire ?

I never use those things: they seem way to plastic / cheap / loosely-fitted as if they will fall off or break any moment, and they don't feel right = not satisfying in any way.
It's definitely the crummiest part on the car.
I use the active cruise/high way assist all the time. It looks like its built the same as the volume scroll thingy

It would be great if they replaced the volume toggle on the steering wheel with scroll wheel like the center of the dash
Or even if you held the button it would keep going instead of having to click it for each level. I almost always use the scroll wheel. I haven't tried using Alexa to switch the volume. Does that work?

Back