Steering Wheel Button Issue

Doh! Mine broke the moment I was driving, recalled this thread, and wondered when mine would break…

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
With the wheel from the Sapphire ?

I never use those things: they seem way to plastic / cheap / loosely-fitted as if they will fall off or break any moment, and they don't feel right = not satisfying in any way.
It's definitely the crummiest part on the car.
They have drastically improved the way they feel in newer steering wheel iterations. The buttons on my original wheel felt cheap, loose, like crap. The replacement wheel had an extremely noticeable difference and felt tight with responsive feedback (clicks).

They have drastically improved the way they feel in newer steering wheel iterations. The buttons on my original wheel felt cheap, loose, like crap. The replacement wheel had an extremely noticeable difference and felt tight with responsive feedback (clicks).
Same here. It feels much better, more tactile feedback. I also hope that it is more reliable.

I can concur, the wheel volume control is useless. I tried it few times, got pissed, well , it's useless.
I agree. I use it sometimes. But the volume in the middle of the dash is much better and used 99% of the time.

Wish we can program the volume button to do something else, up does 1 thing, down does another.
Would be cool to have customization and program it to anything we want in the car

Mine broke withhin 2 weeks of ownership in October. Replaced the steering wheel when it broke and it's been ok since.

My steering wheel was replaced in February and the ACC button broke yesterday. Maybe the new steering wheels are not more durable. Here is my temporary fix. The plastic piece only fits in one way and the right side has to go in first.

View attachment 12036
I mean, the fact that we have to resort to this as a fix is worrying. Why cant we make that dial a "infinite scroll" wheel like the volume dial? It seems like that would be more reliable.

I mean, the fact that we have to resort to this as a fix is worrying. Why cant we make that dial a "infinite scroll" wheel like the volume dial? It seems like that would be more reliable.
Because it’s hardware. Can’t just “make” it anything without a large effort.

My Cruise Control button fell off several weeks ago. In the shop now for several items and the steering wheel. Looking at the button it was designed with flimsy plastic clips to hold it in place that in my opinion will never last long. Without this button you cannot engage cruise control. I could sometimes get it to work but usually it would just fall off again.

My Cruise Control button fell off several weeks ago. In the shop now for several items and the steering wheel. Looking at the button it was designed with flimsy plastic clips to hold it in place that in my opinion will never last long. Without this button you cannot engage cruise control. I could sometimes get it to work but usually it would just fall off again.
If it just "falls off" and not breaks, that should be covered under warranty... Right?

My steering wheel was replaced in February and the ACC button broke yesterday. Maybe the new steering wheels are not more durable. Here is my temporary fix. The plastic piece only fits in one way and the right side has to go in first.

View attachment 12036
You see, that's where you made a mistake. The duct tape is the real answer. Nobody will tell me otherwise.

If it just "falls off" and not breaks, that should be covered under warranty... Right?
Wrong. You looked at it while it t was breaking, it's your fault. Clearly.

Jokes aside, it's not as dramatic, as Tesla's steering wheel falling off of the shaft. Well documented by a few youtubers.

Last edited:
Back