SS vs. SSP

CA_2022

Cars
Lucid Air
I am still trying to make a decision if I should change from SS to SSPro for touring. Not knowing what will be downgraded from SSP to SS other than Dolby atmos and how that will impact the sound experience for non audio buffs. Other than experience if I think about resale demand does SS vs. SSP matter ? In general would love to hear any comments how people selected SSP vs. SS.

I am still trying to make a decision if I should change from SS to SSPro for touring. Not knowing what will be downgraded from SSP to SS other than Dolby atmos and how that will impact the sound experience for non audio buffs. Other than experience if I think about resale demand does SS vs. SSP matter ? In general would love to hear any comments how people selected SSP vs. SS.
The trick is that no one outside of Lucid has heard the non-pro sound system yet. So it’s hard to know how much of a downgrade it is.

Given how much care went into Surreal Sound Pro in getting the frequencies so perfectly balanced, it’s hard to imagine they just phoned it in with Surreal Sound. I’m guessing it’s still going to sound very good.

But until we have cars with Surreal Sound to compare to the Pro, it’s a bit of a guessing game.

I believe the non-pro has about half the number of speakers. But that doesn’t necessarily equal half the quality, of course.

As far as resale goes, my guess is there will be many who plan to mod the sound system, anyway. So they may not be too worried about Pro, given they just plan to add their own speakers, amps, etc.

Back