From an EQS to Lucid Air Pure with base DD and SS

The highway assist is nor commensurate with the DD pro price, it's the promise of higher level auto only that's included that justifies the price, but is unlikely to come out soon.
Vaporware is something that doesn't exist not something that is not worth the money.

The highway assist is nor commensurate with the DD pro price, it's the promise of higher level auto only that's included that justifies the price, but is unlikely to come out soon.
That’s a fair point. But that’s not what vaporware means. At least not in the traditional sense.

Vaporware is software that gets announced and then literally never arrives. The company abandons it long before shipping.

Software that gets announced and then takes a long time to be shipped is just software.

Having said that, I completely understand why a lot of folks don’t want to pay for something they might sell their car before they get to use.

I looked at my DDPro purchase as an investment in Lucid. I want them to have the cash to continue working and improving on this stuff. And I want the world to have better driver assist systems in general. So the more people working on this, the better. But that’s my choice.

I would not recommend people spend the money if they are hoping to see perfect driverless systems in the near future. No one is going to ship that soon.

I agree with everything that’s been shared on this topic. My only complaint is that when I finalized my order Pure AWD with SSP and DD the SA said at some point down the road there will be an option to get the DDPro and maybe just the 360 view/blind spot via a subscription (like Tesla) since the hardware would be there. After a few weeks of taking delivery Lucid started to offer the DDPremium. I reached out to customer service to find out if I could get this and it turns my build doesn’t have the hardware. Oh well. Regardless this car is awesome.

Oh man so you can’t get the 360 view? That’s a bummer but yeah the car is great regardless. With the newest OTA I find Highway Assist performs really well, no more ping-pong due to it misinterpreting the hands on wheel torque as trying to bias the lane centering. It still doesn’t take the big corner on my commute at highway speeds but honestly nobody should allow an ADAS to go around that corner as it’s dangerous at any speed. For me DDPro is absolutely worth the $ and I’m absolutely confident in Lucid’s ability to enhance it over time. When I look at what this car was like in April 2022 when I took delivery compared to what it’s like now, as far as software goes, the improvements are what you’d expect from 5 years of software development instead of 1 year. Their people are seriously capable, these things just take time and I’m fine with being patient. It sounds like the Gravity will be able to achieve even more due to its hardware/chips being vastly more capable than what’s in the Air.

Back