Some odds and ends

What did they say about the vents?

They had forwarded the video (in which you could hear the sound much more clearly than in the audio I posted here) to the Riviera Beach Service Center which is going to replace the computer. Riviera Beach called me yesterday with some questions about when the noise starts, etc.. They said they would examine the unit while the car is there. I told them that the noise is not always present (although it recurred twice yesterday), which is why I sent them the video clip. They wouldn't yet commit to a replacement of the blower unit, but I'm pretty sure that's going to be the upshot.

Can you tell me if this may fit tightly in the center cup holder?

It probably would, but it's going to make reaching the buttons along the lower edge of the Pilot Screen (for main car menu, A/C, settings, Park camera) tricky to see and reach.

It probably would, but it's going to make reaching the buttons along the lower edge of the Pilot Screen (for main car menu, A/C, settings, Park camera) tricky to see and reach.

I just want to mount camera when doing drive back from California.

Can you tell me if this may fit tightly in the center cup holder?

The rubber mat at the bottom of the cup holder is 2 5/8 inches. 2.625"

I washed my car today for the first time and found paint scuffing on the top of the rear bumper and at a corresponding spot on the bottom of the trunk lid. The parts don't touch when the car is stationary, but one or the other must be deforming enough on the road to bring them into contact. Has anyone else seen this with their cars?

First photo is top of the rear bumper. Second photo is bottom of the trunk lid at the corresponding spot.

BumperScuff.jpg

TrunkScuff.jpg

Unless I'm looking at the wrong area, the first pix looks almost like something was dragged across the top of the bumper. Could this have happened while loading groceries or other items?

I can't imagine those horizontal streaks could have been caused by the lid making contact with the top of the bumper. The streaks are too long in nature.

I washed my car today for the first time and found paint scuffing on the top of the rear bumper and at a corresponding spot on the bottom of the trunk lid. The parts don't touch when the car is stationary, but one or the other must be deforming enough on the road to bring them into contact. Has anyone else seen this with their cars?

First photo is top of the rear bumper. Second photo is bottom of the trunk lid at the corresponding spot.

View attachment 617
View attachment 618
There is no way that came from the factory. Didn't your ceramic guy completely detail your car prior to coating? And he didn't mention this to you?

Unless I'm looking at the wrong area, the first pix looks almost like something was dragged across the top of the bumper. Could this have happened while loading groceries or other items?

I can't imagine those horizontal streaks could have been caused by the lid making contact with the top of the bumper. The streaks are too long in nature.

This did not happen from loading anything. There are scuffs on both the bumper and the underlip of the trunk lid exactly corresponding to each other.

This is the top of the rear bumper:

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 3.19.29 PM.png

This is the underlip of the trunk lid right above the bumper scuff when the lid is closed:

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 3.19.36 PM.png

Could be the photo, but looks like there are scratches underneath the scuff. Am I misreading that?

I checked mine. Nothing. Gap between trunk lid and bumper varies from about 3/16” to 1/8” in the middle under the plate. What is your gap with lid closed?

Attachments

• 7D3B65ED-9F15-4522-ACA8-8BFE9267F328.jpeg
    7D3B65ED-9F15-4522-ACA8-8BFE9267F328.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 137
Could be the photo, but looks like there are scratches underneath the scuff. Am I misreading that?
That's exactly what I saw. There are a number of fine horizontal scratches. Hmp10 was focusing on the scuffed area. Very weird.

I am very curious to see if this is presenting itself on other cars. Something is causing/allowing these two surfaces to meet and rub, not good.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. It looks like something has brushed up against the car and caused multiple scratches

There is no way that came from the factory. Didn't your ceramic guy completely detail your car prior to coating? And he didn't mention this to you?

No, it did not come from the factory that way. And yes, the car got a full paint correction and polish before the Opti-Coating . . . but that was just a week after we got the car, and these scuffs weren't there.

Over the past week or so, I had noticed a lot of dust buildup on the rear bumper. All our cars pick up dust on top of their rear bumpers from some construction and road work out our way, but the Lucid was accumulating noticeably more, probably due to the airflow characteristics over that part of the car. I'm talking a light coating of gritty dust, though, nothing that built up any kind of crust. When I was drying the car after washing it, I pulled the edge of the towel under the trunk lid in the scuffed spot to see if it would clear, and it did. This means the parts are coming into contact due to some deformation that happens when driving, and the dust on the bumper must have been working as an abrasive.

I have not yet taken this car shopping, to an airport, or done anything else that causes me to use the trunk. Other than washing the car today, I doubt if I have opened the trunk more than a couple of times since we've had the car, and that was just to show some people the space.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. It looks like something has brushed up against the car and caused multiple scratches
It looks like most of us focused on the same thing. I actually thought the area that hmp10 was pointing out in his refined picture, was just an artifact in the picture.

I forget, is there is a headlight assist setting in the Dream Drive Menu? If so, then it would be enabled there.
BTW, I cannot find a way to turn the headlights completely off. I was in the car while in the garage and wanted to turn the lights off. Would be nice to add this feature at some point.

Same issue for the radio. You can change the source or lower the volume to zero but I cannot find a way to turn it off.

These are not scratches. They are clusters of tiny divots in a long line.

Honestly, guys. I'm not an idiot. I know the kind of paint damage done by scraping or brushing up against a paint job. This was caused by the trunk lid and the bumper rubbing against each other.

That's exactly what I saw. There are a number of fine horizontal scratches. Hmp10 was focusing on the scuffed area. Very weird.

There are no horizontal scratches under that yellow oval on the car. That is an artifact of the photograph. There are innumerable discrete spots, almost as if someone had moved along a line using a tiny jackhammer. Same thing on the bumper and the trunk lid.

Back