Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
So I've had a bit more time with the car and have some other tidbits to share...

1) The 21" Dream wheels have aero covers which can be removed. After finding that out, I am looking into getting my calipers painted.

2) The UI takes some time to boot up entering the car. Once you open the door and get in, you can drive within about 5 seconds but the UI will not have finished loading yet so no cameras, no hold assist, no parking sensors, nothing computer related will be working yet until it finishes loading.

3) Facial recognition among the 4 users I programmed in worked well to adjust our seats, mirrors, and steering wheel. I'd like to see or maybe find the setting where we can save our driving preference as well (drive mode, hold assist, creep, and regen mode).

4) Homelink was easy to setup pretty standard.

5) DreamDrive has many options disabled currently. I was told that roght know the only functions I could access were lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control.

6) Setting up a dashcam right now is proving to be an interesting puzzle considering the 12v plug is in the trunk. I ordered one to see how routing wires work and will report back after I give it a go.

7) Phone key and key fob work well. Car will automatically start up and unlock about 10 feet away and will also lock automatically when you get about 10 feet away. I hope in the future the car will have an option to automatically close all windows upon lock.

8) Alexa works albeit slightly slow. Syncing the Lucid app to my Google Home was easy but I have only been able to ask Google once about the status of my car and have it work. Other times the Lucid AI states she cannot get that information for me. The Lucid AI voice is superior to Google Homr and I wish I could change all my AI voices to hers.

9) One the Lucid provided home charger, with the Nema 14-50 plug I was getting 35mi/hr at 78% SOC. With the standard 110 plug I was getting 1mi/hr.

10) I am able to fit a set of 7 year old twins into the frunk with no issue.

Thanks for those observations.

On #2, how long is it before the rear view cameras actually engage? There are too many situations where I wouldn’t begin backing until the cameras were active. Have you brought that to Lucid’s attention in terms of whether they’ll be able to shorten that boot up time?

Not yet, I would guess around 30 seconds. I probably wouldn't have normally noticed it but I just hopped into the car really fast to back it out of the garage and didn't wait for anything. Typically you would probably go through the sequence of putting your phone somewhere, actually putting on your seat belt, doing something else before even engaging a gear and moving.

My suspicion is that the car puts itself into a deeper state of sleep compared to Tesla which doesn't require as long to boot up but also has a bigger idle drain of the battery.

This feels very Lucid with regards to efficiency and keeping that SOC high, why waste the battery to keep everything loaded, when it will save you 0.5kwh

My suspicion is that the car puts itself into a deeper state of sleep compared to Tesla which doesn't require as long to boot up but also has a bigger idle drain of the battery.

I just responded to your post on the other forum, including this observation about our Tesla:

"This happened sometimes in our 2015 Tesla from the time we bought it and still happened after the MCU was replaced with a newer unit. To my surprise, it still happens sometimes in our new Model S Plaid, leaving us sitting sometimes for 30 seconds or more while the systems come up. Sometimes when we put the car in gear, a message comes up that driver assist and accident avoidance features are not available. Once we get that message, it stays on until we exit the car. When we get back in the car on days it's doing that, sometimes the message will have disappeared, and sometimes it doesn't. This has been happening with our Teslas for six years and was not fixed with the updated 2022 models."

I just responded to your post on the other forum, including this observation about our Tesla:

"This happened sometimes in our 2015 Tesla from the time we bought it and still happened after the MCU was replaced with a newer unit. To my surprise, it still happens sometimes in our new Model S Plaid, leaving us sitting sometimes for 30 seconds or more while the systems come up. Sometimes when we put the car in gear, a message comes up that driver assist and accident avoidance features are not available. Once we get that message, it stays on until we exit the car. When we get back in the car on days it's doing that, sometimes the message will have disappeared, and sometimes it doesn't. This has been happening with our Teslas for six years and was not fixed with the updated 2022 models."

Not yet, I would guess around 30 seconds. I probably wouldn't have normally noticed it but I just hopped into the car really fast to back it out of the garage and didn't wait for anything. Typically you would probably go through the sequence of putting your phone somewhere, actually putting on your seat belt, doing something else before even engaging a gear and moving.

This feels very Lucid with regards to efficiency and keeping that SOC high, why waste the battery to keep everything loaded, when it will save you 0.5kwh

Does this still happen if you wake the car with the app? I plan on always setting the inside temp with app or on a schedule, if possible, daily.

I will try that, and right now I do not think you can set it temp on a schedule...let me dive further into the app and get back to you on that.

Does this still happen if you wake the car with the app? I plan on always setting the inside temp with app or on a schedule, if possible, daily.

I don't use the Tesla app much. It's slow to connect with the car and sometimes won't connect at all. Also, my brother (who uses his Tesla app more frequently) and I have to reload the app periodically.

About the only time I use the app is to change the battery charge limit. For some reason, you can set it more precisely on the app than on the car's MCU screen.

Honestly, I just emit a bitter laugh every time I hear people talk about Tesla's being a "software company".

I remember getting that message with my 2017 MS. However with the e-Tron, virtually as soon as I'm buckled I can back out with active rear view cameras. Despite that there's almost no phantom drain.

Here's some more info to digest

1) Had my first service call with Lucid today. I had an issue where the trunk was not opening or closing automatically. Called Lucid Customer Care and was able to get an appointment next day, which was great. Service team arrived and of course trunk was working again. They pulled the logs from the vehicle and said they would send it to the engineering team to take a look and see what happened. My service guys, Aaron and Nestor, were above board, very transparent and VERY thorough with testing, re-testing, and trying to re-produce what I had reported. My service experience is EXACTLY what I expected from Lucid and I'm happy to report that they live up to and exceed the expectations.

2) I was able to test the plug-and-charge capability today at an EA station. Unfortunately, the closest EA station to me was only 150kwh. I had set the charge limit to 79% so I only charged up from 72% SOC to 79% SOC, a total of 8kwh in 7 minutes. My main concern was ensuring plug-and-charge was working and it does! So the process is EXACTLY like going to a supercharger and just plugging into your charge port.

3) I was able to snap a pic of the rear view camera and bird's eye view cams working at the same time after I pulled out of the charging station. It went away after I got past 10mph, but I hope that this may be something to incorporate later into the options on the console.

4) The load time of the UI is currently being worked on. I've had no further issues with it as long as I am not rushing to put the car into gear.

5) Testing Spotify with the quick buttons on the steering wheel, the forward button skipped to the next podcast episode I was listening to. I was hoping it would fast forward X number of seconds as a way to skip ads. Will be looking for options on that later while not driving to see if I can change it either via Spotify or a setting on the console.

6) Installed some general floor mats to protect the carpeting until a custom set is produced. The overall fit was nice, especially in the rear.

7) Uploaded the Monroney sticker for anyone interested as well

Attachments

• 20211116_143731.jpg
    20211116_143731.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 349
  • 20211116_143037.jpg
    20211116_143037.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 20211116_143916.jpg
    20211116_143916.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 375
  • 20211116_130113.jpg
    20211116_130113.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 355
  • spec sheet.jpg
    spec sheet.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 370
Will the Pilot Screen display satellite views or just graphic maps?

In an earlier post you mentioned a paint defect on the roof rails. Was that in the clear coat, or are the roof rails painted with an aluminum-colored paint?

The Pilot screen as well as the far right screen can display, 2d, 3d, north up and range map. No satellite maps just graphic.

The paint defect is on that aluminum top, it's a blemish in the actual metal since the detailing team was unable to remedy the blemish.

This is the second owner’s charging report where the charging speed has been less than impressive. With my e-Tron, even getting close to the 80% limit, I’m still at 125kW. Granted the e-Tron is known for extremely fast & flat charging speeds to partly make up for its very mediocre range, but the relatively slow speed we’ve seen thus far is really not what Lucid was advertising. I don’t know if they’re being super conservative out of the gate, but this is not very impressive. This is more like the speeds I saw with my Jaguar I-Pace. For those new to BEVs, charging speed is almost as important as range. I’d like to see some owner reporting a 20-80% charge time at a properly functioning 150kW charger.

We need more reports from owners on this very important aspect of the car.

The generic floor mats look fine. I suspect it might be a while before you find custom mats due to the very low volume of the car. I still have problems finding custom mats for the e-Tron.

Yea I will run the car down to around 20% SOC next, I just wanted to get the plug-and-charge feature tested. 20-80% coming up soonish...

Yea I will run the car down to around 20% SOC next, I just wanted to get the plug-and-charge feature tested. 20-80% coming up soonish...
Any feedback on actual mileage per kWh vs the EPA estimates? Will it get the advertised range?

Well...to be honest, I haven't seen anything above 2.5 mi/kwh but the huge caveat is that I'm still testing the different modes *cough* sprint *cough* so I don't expect it to be anywhere near the EPA estimate...I think I will have to test more, especially to get it down to 20% SOC...

Here are the 4 map modes on the right side driver panel.

Attachments

• 20211117_153616.jpg
    20211117_153616.jpg
    879.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 20211117_153625.jpg
    20211117_153625.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 20211117_153746.jpg
    20211117_153746.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 20211117_153822.jpg
    20211117_153822.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 311
Here are the 4 map modes on the right side driver panel.

You're in my old neck of the woods! I'm from Arcadia, and my folks still live at the top of Santa Anita below Chantry Flats.

Thanks for all the photos and thoughts on the Air. It's great to learn about the car, seeing as we just haven't seen a comprehensive review on all its features so far.

Where are you testing sprint mode in that area?

Back