Software Version 1.1.2+

Just completed the 1.1.2 update through the phone app since my car is with the wrap guys. Says it was updated successfully!

Just completed the 1.1.2 update through the phone app since my car is with the wrap guys. Says it was updated successfully!
I just did the update also, but initiated it in the garaged car. I think it took longer than the 19 minutes it was predicting. The instructions say that you can monitor the software update in the app, but the app always showed 0% completed until the car finished updating, at which point it went to the normal app screen.

The Park cameras did not work after the update, but everything else seemed normal. I did the turn signal reset and the cameras were OK. When doing the turn signal reset, after the car powered off, the driver seat position went to the rear most and it reclined rearward considerably. I though they had enabled an exit mode, but the seat never returned to my profile position when I unlocked the car and entered – I had to reset it and save my position. It seemed that the startup sequence was also much faster after the reset.

I'm going for a drive later and see if there are any new features or how the car behaves.

I thought you might be interested that it has taken a while for Lucid to respond to my slow boot video. Answer, “Should get better with updates.” I’m still on 1.0.8.

Are you able to install updates from your phone, or do you still have to initiate on the pilot screen?

If your car is plugged in to a charger you must first unplug it to download an update. In that situation, installing from the phone is moot.

When doing the turn signal reset, after the car powered off, the driver seat position went to the rear most and it reclined rearward considerably. I though they had enabled an exit mode, but the seat never returned to my profile position when I unlocked the car and entered – I had to reset it and save my position.

The same thing happened to me on one of my frequent resets, although it was with a soft reset that is done a bit differently.

When I got into the car this morning the Pilot Screen was finally unfrozen and I was able to verity that the car now has 1.1.2 loaded into it. However, Alexa had disappeared. (For a minute I thought that might actually be an improvement, but then I decided I needed to find out what happened.)

I called Customer Service, and they told me that downloading 1.1.2 had logged some customers out of Alexa and Tidal. I went into the "Applications" menu and found I was still logged in to both. We finally got Alexa back by turning off each feature in the Alexa menu and turning it back on.

I was unable to determine what changes 1.1.2 made to the operation of the car. (One thing it didn't improve was Homelink's operation.) But I see that 1.1.3 is already in the queue for an OTA update, although I haven't yet been sent a prompt to do so. The release notes on both versions only show "minor improvements" and give no specifics.

An interesting side note: During my phone call with Lucid, which I was making from the Air while on the road, I was following our Honda Odyssey which was being taken in for service. My phone call with Lucid was playing over the Honda's audio system even with another car between us. That's some Bluetooth range.

Last edited:
An interesting side note: During my phone call with Lucid, which I was making from the Air while on the road, I was following our Honda Odyssey which was being taken in for service. My phone call with Lucid was playing over the Honda's audio system even with another car between us. That's some Bluetooth range.
Not always a good thing when it comes to cars. Many times I've been on the phone in the house and as my wife returns home and gets closer, all of a sudden I can no longer hear the person I'm speaking with...by my wife sure does. It also works in reverse as she leaves and I'm on the phone, the call transfers to her car. :(

I'm really surprised they went from 1.0.8 to 1.1.2 next to 1.1.3.

When I got into the car this morning the Pilot Screen was finally unfrozen and I was able to verity that the car now has 1.1.2 loaded into it. However, Alexa had disappeared. (For a minute I thought that might actually be an improvement, but then I decided I needed to find out what happened.)

I called Customer Service, and they told me that downloading 1.1.2 had logged some customers out of Alexa and Tidal. I went into the "Applications" menu and found I was still logged in to both. We finally got Alexa back by turning off each feature in the Alexa menu and turning it back on.

I was unable to determine what changes 1.1.2 made to the operation of the car. (One thing it didn't improve was Homelink's operation.) But I see that 1.1.3 is already in the queue for an OTA update, although I haven't yet been since a prompt to do so. The release notes on both versions only show "minor improvements" and give no specifics.

I had this happen years ago and since my wife and I don't have our cars paired to each others car.

I'm really surprised they went from 1.0.8 to 1.1.2 next to 1.1.3.

There was an interim OTA update after 1.0.8 was first released, but loading it didn't change the nomenclature on the car screens. Both Alex and I had this happen.

There was an interim OTA update after 1.0.8 was first released, but loading it didn't change the nomenclature on the car screens. Both Alex and I had this happen.
Well either way, it's closer to 1.1.6 which gives us DreamDrive. What are the bets on this actually releasing in Jan, maybe Jan 31, 11:59 pm?

Well either way, it's closer to 1.1.6 which gives us DreamDrive. What are the bets on this actually releasing in Jan, maybe Jan 31, 11:59 pm?

My car will probably be in the shop when this happens. My fondest daydreams right now center around having the car come back to me operating at least close to how it was engineered (and marketed) to do.

I was unable to determine what changes 1.1.2 made to the operation of the car. (One thing it didn't improve was Homelink's operation.) But I see that 1.1.3 is already in the queue for an OTA update, although I haven't yet been sent a prompt to do so. The release notes on both versions only show "minor improvements" and give no specifics.

How is this possible (call being carried on the Lucid and Honda at the same time)? Assuming you originated the Customer Service call from the Lucid and proceeded to have your conversation, what was heard in the Honda -- both sides of the conversation? Confusing.

How is this possible (call being carried on the Lucid and Honda at the same time)? Assuming you originated the Customer Service call from the Lucid and proceeded to have your conversation, what was heard in the Honda -- both sides of the conversation? Confusing.

I assume it switched BT pairing to the Honda and they had to switch it back, not that it was simultaneous. My Mazda is similarly overaggressive with pairing.

I assume it switched BT pairing to the Honda and they had to switch it back, not that it was simultaneous. My Mazda is similarly overaggressive with pairing.
OK, I can see that happening. For a moment there, I was totally baffled. :)

It's possible isn't it? Aren't some phones capable of having 2 BT devices connect at the same time?

I don't think it was at the same time. I was in the Air on the phone with Customer Service. Suddenly I lost the person at the other end. I had to call back, thinking the call had dropped. When we arrived at our destination, the person driving the Honda asked what was going on. He said a lady's voice started coming in over the audio system, repeating my name over and over as if she was trying to hear me. So for some reason, my phone (which is linked to both cars) switched from the Air to the Honda mid-call, even though the phone was inches away from the Air dashboard and not within 20 yards of the Honda.

I thought I remember seeing a setting on one of my Samsung phones to prevent that from happening.

Okay so I checked my software, it still says 1.0.8..so I guess the phone update DID not work.

Okay so I checked my software, it still says 1.0.8..so I guess the phone update DID not work.
Didn't work for me either when I was trying to upgrade from 1.0.7 to 1.0.8. Now I just do the update on the pilot screen and don't bother with app. It doesn't show upgrade status either, just stays at 0% progress until the update is complete.

Back