Software issues

AIR.LUCID

Cars
‘04 Prius, ‘98 MB SLK230
It seems that Lucid needs to improve its software development quality assurance and production quality control.
They need to be perfect.

At this point, from what I’ve read from owners, if they were simply very good and not even perfect, that would have been fine and a huge improvement over what we’re seeing now.

At this point, from what I’ve read from owners, if they were simply very good and not even perfect, that would have been fine and a huge improvement over what we’re seeing now.

Honestly, it’s fine. The car is drivable and brilliant at it, the bugs are annoying but don’t affect the actual ride, and are mostly just convenience features.

This car is perfect for a “0.0.8” release :) I’ll reserve judgment on software until at least “0.2.0” ;)

Honestly, it’s fine. The car is drivable and brilliant at it, the bugs are annoying but don’t affect the actual ride, and are mostly just convenience features.

This car is perfect for a “0.0.8” release :) I’ll reserve judgment on software until at least “0.2.0” ;)
Just talking about the software, which according to most owners is not fine.

I disagree. I paid $169,000 for a car that has no cruise control. The navigation system is poor at best. The human factors engineering is bad.

I know that Tesla has had software maturity issues also, but Lucid should have not made the same mistakes. Yes, the DE software will get better, but I don't enjoy driving it yet.

Lucid is the best Luxury performance Sedan available from a pure driving perspective. I’m not an EV enthusiast, Lucid is the only EV I have any interest in. The car is awesome. Execution of basic functions that a Honda Accord does perfectly are so bad, it’s hard to get past. From entry of the car to the street is awful. From the street to my office is incredible. Then parking and exit are awful again. You are not a luxury car if you can not out benchmark a Honda Accord. This is not dismissive of Honda. The Honda is a very good car. At 4x the cost, Lucid has to be better. It’s not. At least not at this time.

I disagree. I paid $169,000 for a car that has no cruise control. The navigation system is poor at best. The human factors engineering is bad.

I know that Tesla has had software maturity issues also, but Lucid should have not made the same mistakes. Yes, the DE software will get better, but I don't enjoy driving it yet.

The issue is that the DE was always going to be an “early” car. The version thing I was talking about is a software concept; most often, we version software using something called semver, or “semantic versioning.” [1] The three numbers consist of the “major,” “minor,” and “patch” versions respectively.

In that system, 0.0.8 is considered “under initial development.” The AGT is unlikely to launch without at least a 1.0.0 version, is my guess, because the AGT is the first “v1” car.

Consider the DE the “public beta” version, if that helps.

I suspect it’s just a matter of a short few months before a lot of the issues people are facing get fixed.

[1] https://semver.org/

0.0.8 is considered “under initial development
Yes, but the Lucid software is 1.0.8. I don’t know where this 0.0.8 came from - probably someone’s typo.

Yes, but the Lucid software is 1.0.8. I don’t know where this 0.0.8 came from - probably someone’s typo.

Haha okay I just checked and you’re right - fair enough lol

I think the main point still remains; I suspect lots of fixes coming soon.

There is also a pretty large transparency issue. I can imagine that the software engineers are working overtime at this point, especially with just basic functions like cruise control not even turned on. I looked at the release notes for the upcoming 1.1 release and they only listed "minor upgrades." But I continue to be impressed with the mechanical aspects of the vehicle and if those things were bad, no software update would be able to fix them.

There is also a pretty large transparency issue. I can imagine that the software engineers are working overtime at this point, especially with just basic functions like cruise control not even turned on. I looked at the release notes for the upcoming 1.1 release and they only listed "minor upgrades." But I continue to be impressed with the mechanical aspects of the vehicle and if those things were bad, no software update would be able to fix them.

Yeah, I do wish the release notes were more detailed. I wonder if that will change with the “major” version updates.

Yeah, I do wish the release notes were more detailed. I wonder if that will change with the “major” version updates.

Most time "Minor Upgrades" aren't worth listing out. Same with "Bug Fixes" not having every single one listed. Most companies follow this methodology but when the ADAS stuff is enabled etc. I would expect to see much more detail in the release notes.

I have no issue with a software release that has "bug fixes" in it. I've run engineering groups for a long time and that's pretty standard vs. listing all the bugs. Its the features that are my issue. If you are doing anything feature related you have to list that out and they must be working with some feature release schedule. Let us "beta testers" see it. We understand schedules can change, but it would be good to show us how they are staging these releases. Unfortunately it's clear that they don't want bad press, so staying dark with bits of information is how they seem to be managing this.

You didn’t check out the HFE b4 purchase?

I guess that's why you've put your's up for sale??

I guess that's why you've put your's up for sale??
Yes, I really wanted to like it. It's not just software bugs, it's poor design. The high price is so if I sell it, ok, I will move on. If I don't, maybe software updates will make it good enough.

It's really fast but I enjoy driving my 2018 Navigator better. The new 2022 Navigator has SYNC-4, Ford's self-driving, wireless Android Auto, better ergonomics and is quieter. Just not and EV.

You didn’t check out the HFE b4 purchase?
How would I do that without driving one? And I did ask and was told that there we no demo vehicles.

Yes, I really wanted to like it. It's not just software bugs, it's poor design. The high price is so if I sell it, ok, I will move on. If I don't, maybe software updates will make it good enough.

It's really fast but I enjoy driving my 2018 Navigator better. The new 2022 Navigator has SYNC-4, Ford's self-driving, wireless Android Auto, better ergonomics and is quieter. Just not and EV.
I understand the software, but what ergonomics are you referring to?

I understand the software, but what ergonomics are you referring to?
I have to fold the mirrors to get into/out of the garage. At the moment that function is time consuming. On most cars you just push a button.

After backing out of the garage, the first thing I do is close the garage door. Again, on most cars you just push a button.

The rearview cameras that come on when you activate the turn signals are a good idea but they should be viewed to the far right and left of the screen and not partially blocked by the steering wheel. This can be changed in software, I know.

It just seems like the software team never took a car home and put it through its normal paces.

My son has a Tesla and he is use to things being "different" than most cars. I want a fast, luxurious electric car that "just works", but don't want a Tesla. I don't have that yet in the DE.

I think that at the moment, my DE is a nice $110,000 car and a bad $169,000 one, IMHO.

Ahh...just regarding the first point, there's a mirror folding button.

20211123_152405.jpg

Back