Size Comparison

The rear profile of A is looking a lot like that white Porsche in the foreground - and aren't the newer Porsche models based on Audis?

Someone took this

It sounded as though attendees would get to ride in (maybe drive?) Gravity. I wonder if there were any journalists/influencers in attendance. Would be great to get some reviews of the pre-production models....

It sounded as though attendees would get to ride in (maybe drive?) Gravity. I wonder if there were any journalists/influencers in attendance. Would be great to get some reviews of the pre-production models....
I thought @Tesla2Lucid was there. But I am not sure if he can comment further due to NDAs, etc.

They've tested it with 7 6' adults so no need to think the claims aren't true.

"Throttle House" had their 6'6" assistant sit in the third row to demonstrate how much legroom and headroom there was back there:

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 3.26.49 PM.webp

now how much luggage space is behind that third row when up? thats the next real big question. with the frunk, the need is a less, but for us, and for this to be under consideration, i need to be able to travel with a 4 full size suitcases to suit us, when we need the third row up for 7 passenger road trips!

now how much luggage space is behind that third row when up? thats the next real big question. with the frunk, the need is a less, but for us, and for this to be under consideration, i need to be able to travel with a 4 full size suitcases to suit us, when we need the third row up for 7 passenger road trips!
You can fit 4 full size luggage no problem

Lucid took this video at the LA Auto Show last year that may give you a feel for the space.

Head room, leg room, luggage, all important parameters.
I also want to know about the AC.
I hope the cooling capacity is more powerful than the AC in the Air,

Cute. You’d need another two bags or so to really take up all the space. :)

Head room, leg room, luggage, all important parameters.
I also want to know about the AC.
I hope the cooling capacity is more powerful than the AC in the Air,
Actually I can’t answer this one. Because they were all prototypes, and we were indoors, nobody was testing AC. And even if we had, low chance that the present system is the final system anyway. Like I said: pre-prod prototypes.

Seems like @borski and others too based on social media posts 😎
Yeah, a couple of us were. Very few. I don’t know why I made the list (genuinely very very humbled), but we couldn’t say anything prior. Now, we can. Some things were under a very strict NDA, but those that we can share I assure you we will.

Actually I can’t answer this one. Because they were all prototypes, and we were indoors, nobody was testing AC. And even if we had, low chance that the present system is the final system anyway. Like I said: pre-prod prototypes.
My apologies for being repetitive with this question, but how was the second row legroom (and space under the first row seat to stretch)? Any cars you can compare it to?
Yeah, a couple of us were. Very few. I don’t know why I made the list (genuinely very very humbled), but we couldn’t say anything prior. Now, we can. Some things were under a very strict NDA, but those that we can share I assure you we will.
Interesting... did all DE owners in close proximity get an invite? Also, are you allowed to say what "direction" the things under a NDA go in (as in, was the nda'd stuff about midsize? gravity?)

My apologies for being repetitive with this question, but how was the second row legroom (and space under the first row seat to stretch)? Any cars you can compare it to?
It’s absurd. No, there is no comparison. There is a reason they had all of the other best-in-class SUVs there side by side. Sitting in them next to the gravity, and seeing the actual available cargo space, is nuts. Every single SUV there was longer than gravity and had less usable space. The EQS SUV had 55% less space, ffs.

Legroom, stretching room… this will not be a problem in any row. The third one is obviously smaller, but no - there is no comparison on the market today.

The closest is the R1S, which was also there. A great car, undoubtedly. But a lot of differences from the Gravity.

Interesting... did all DE owners in close proximity get an invite? Also, are you allowed to say what "direction" the things under a NDA go in (as in, was the nda'd stuff about midsize? gravity?)
No, and the NDA was very general (they always are, at every company). Technically you’re not even supposed to know an NDA exists, but photos are public and it would be insane to not assume we were under NDA, so I can comfortably argue that the NDA existing is now public information and I’m not disclosing anything.

But please don’t think I’m being coy about anything I respond with; if I can, I will.

that won't be a problem. we grow into the space we have.. its going the other way thats the problem :)
Let me actually answer this a little better; it’s important to note that the seats don’t fold forward and stay there like in a normal SUV (or the Air). They fold forward and then slide *down* into the subfloor of the Gravity. That is what allows you to fold both sets of seats down and get a literally completely flat cabin, with no bumps.

But: those seats have to go somewhere, and they’re not tiny. So, when the seats are *up*, the space in the trunk where they normally stow is storage space for bags, etc. If they’re down, you can place the bags on top of them. If they’re up, place them where the seats were when they were down. The number of configurations and places to find additional cargo space feels like magic. The whole car feels like they designed a massive shell on the inside, and then just built the car around that. Of course that’s not true, but the amount of space really does make it feel cavernous.

For comparison, when we were in the EQS SUV, one of the other owners was trying to get out of the third row, where his knees were already splayed and out. It turns out in order to let him out, you need to move the second row forward — standard enough. Only it turns out that to move the second row forward, the passenger riding shotgun needs to get out and move the passenger seat forward, so you can move the second row and let the third row out. There was no way to do it otherwise. Nearly the whole car must exit, except the driver.

I almost lost my mind.

Back