SiriusXM seemed to break internet connectivity... sorta

Has anyone come across a good Bluetooth-compatible CD player for the Air?
We still have too may CD's not digitized yet.

ok, how about something like this? https://a.co/d/3KHzEx8
Great suggestion. I too am sometimes away from decent cell service. But I have noticed that the the build in SiriusXM Lucid Air app has been much more reliable, in fact pretty flawless since the 2.1.20 update. Really a joy to use at this point. I am so pleased at how this car keeps getting better and better. I think that Lucid updates quite a few unmentioned items when they push OTA updates. The SiriusXM app is one that has definitely improved but there is no mention of it in the OTA update notes.

ok, how about something like this? https://a.co/d/3KHzEx8
I finally did some experimenting with two iPhones, and that turns out not to be an acceptible solution. The problem is if you are using Bluetooth to stream music, you can't also connect a phone for hands-free calling or rush hour routing with Waze through CarPlay.

There is also quite a few more stations on the streaming version than the satellite version. Additionally, the sound quality is apparently better

I still have this issue. I just can’t connect to Sirius. Sometimes it fixes itself. Sometimes it is fixed by changing channels. Sometimes it just doesn’t work for an entire drive. There’s no rhyme or reason to this. This bug has been out there a while. Are they trying to fix it?

I still have this issue. I just can’t connect to Sirius. Sometimes it fixes itself. Sometimes it is fixed by changing channels. Sometimes it just doesn’t work for an entire drive. There’s no rhyme or reason to this. This bug has been out there a while. Are they trying to fix it?
The just released OTA update might help with your issue.

The car does not have a hardware satellite connection. It works by streaming only. It is currently in beta and it hasn’t really been given much love in quite some time. My solution is to use my own satellite account via CarPlay. That works flawlessly. If you are using android, you might consider streaming it via Bluetooth. I know it’s not a great solution, but that’s what it’s been working for me.
Was trying to find out if Lucid Air (AT) have a satellite receiver for Sirius XM or is it internet only -- Surfing around I'm grateful to see this answer, even if it's not what I want!

Reason I ask is that there is no internet in some spots on the way to Tahoe... so I guess I will lose my Sirius XM on the "50".

Does this mean that the Lucid Air counts as a streaming device so can be added free to an existing sub?

Any word on whether the satellite hardware will be added to future models/years?

Kind regards,
John

Does this mean that the Lucid Air counts as a streaming device so can be added free to an existing sub?

Unfortunately, no.

I had hoped to just use the Lucid as a streaming device to my existing account but the app, sadly, gets associated with the VIN of the car as an actual device.

Unfortunately, no.

I had hoped to just use the Lucid as a streaming device to my existing account but the app, sadly, gets associated with the VIN of the car as an actual device.

OK, thanks for letting me know. Now I await some decent snow to see how bad the sirius signal is on the 50...!

Driving home today, I decided to switch from listening to Spotify to SiriusXM. The station wouldn't connect. Switching to another didn't work. Then, I switched to Tidal. Nope. During this, I was getting a no internet connection - which is odd since Spotify had just been working. I noticed that the signal strength indicator had no bars. After driving for 5 minutes or so (and confirm that FM radio reception isn't ideal either), the signal strength indicator came back with 5 bars. I switched to SiriusXM again and again got a no internet signal and after a few moments, the signal strength indicator went to no bars again. More FM radio. Then tried Spotify when the signal strength indicator came back. Nope. Drove the rest of the way home in silence. When I was almost home, I suddenly got a notification from Alexa. So, I guess connectivity was just fine but the media system just didn't think so.

If anyone else runs into this problem, a Bobby Reset fixes it. If I hit it again, I'm going to email customer care.
I primarily listen to SiriusXM and it frustrating as hell when I get a lost internet connection which is daily. It has to be the app, nit the cellular. I was listening and stopped to get to go food and got back in to lost internet connection. I have been doing reboots and this seems to fix the problem (except when AT&T had their outage...ha ha). Rebooting is a park and wait, and it would be much nicer if you could reboot the (Media Control Unit - Tesla speak, while in motion)

I primarily listen to SiriusXM and it frustrating as hell when I get a lost internet connection which is daily. It has to be the app, nit the cellular. I was listening and stopped to get to go food and got back in to lost internet connection. I have been doing reboots and this seems to fix the problem (except when AT&T had their outage...ha ha). Rebooting is a park and wait, and it would be much nicer if you could reboot the (Media Control Unit - Tesla speak, while in motion)
I also primarily listen to SXM and find the intermittent connectivity infuriating. It sure as hell isn't the internet connection, because when SXM fails I can start streaming on Spotify. It has made me wonder if I can add a aftermarket SXM satellite connection.

Driving home today, I decided to switch from listening to Spotify to SiriusXM. The station wouldn't connect. Switching to another didn't work. Then, I switched to Tidal. Nope. During this, I was getting a no internet connection - which is odd since Spotify had just been working. I noticed that the signal strength indicator had no bars. After driving for 5 minutes or so (and confirm that FM radio reception isn't ideal either), the signal strength indicator came back with 5 bars. I switched to SiriusXM again and again got a no internet signal and after a few moments, the signal strength indicator went to no bars again. More FM radio. Then tried Spotify when the signal strength indicator came back. Nope. Drove the rest of the way home in silence. When I was almost home, I suddenly got a notification from Alexa. So, I guess connectivity was just fine but the media system just didn't think so.

If anyone else runs into this problem, a Bobby Reset fixes it. If I hit it again, I'm going to email customer care.
I have had two issues. One SXM is unavailable, in effect indicating it is not registered. Reboot fixed it. Other is lost connection and none of the apps connect but FM is okay. This second I have narrowed down, (i think) to a switch between cell towers. Drops out at the same spot then picks up again in a few minutes.

After reading this thread, I tried switching to Spotify after getting an internet connection msg on Sirius XM all the time nowadays and it worked.
Switch back to XM and no internet connection.
I believe Sirius XM was designed as a SATELLITE Radio NOT an Internet radio.
Therefore, we need a Satellite antenna LUCID!!!

Reactions: DBV
I also primarily listen to SXM and find the intermittent connectivity infuriating. It sure as hell isn't the internet connection, because when SXM fails I can start streaming on Spotify. It has made me wonder if I can add a aftermarket SXM satellite connection.
No SXM Satellite antenna exists for this car.
Poor planning on their part.
I'm pretty sure Tesla went thru the same crap, because when I ordered that car in 2015, they Highly recommended the sunroof glass because it had a satellite antenna in it.
It's pretty sad that a car of this caliber cant play music from SXM thru such a wonderful stereo system I pd extra for.

Reactions: DBV
No SXM Satellite antenna exists for this car.
Poor planning on their part.
I'm pretty sure Tesla went thru the same crap, because when I ordered that car in 2015, they Highly recommended the sunroof glass because it had a satellite antenna in it.
It's pretty sad that a car of this caliber cant play music from SXM thru such a wonderful stereo system I pd extra for.
Kind of agree. Issue is that SXM when delivered natively via satellite has one of the worse qualities for audio. Even worse than Spotify. When using it via data connections/iOS App the quality is much better, even more so you can set it to "maximum" in the iPhone App.

The app in the Lucid is buggy, but I'm thankful that we don't have to listen to all the artifacts and compressed music that the native SXM stream has.

I have been having Sirius connectivity issues for the past couple of weeks.. No signal... It comes back with soft reboot, but re-occurs.. This week I took my car for service at Lucid Beverly Hills for frunk issue and mentioned it, and they told me it has been common issue lately.. They gave me a Lucid GT loaner and it has the same connectivity issue with Sirius..

Back