SiriusXM seemed to break internet connectivity... sorta

Yeah, Sirius connectivity is spotty. ALso on occasion it simply loss all my presets.

I wonder why Lucid decided to stream Sirius. I worked on the satellite constellation of the fleet. It does work, so, why stream? So there isn't the shark fin antenna?
The car does not have a hardware satellite connection. It works by streaming only. It is currently in beta and it hasn’t really been given much love in quite some time. My solution is to use my own satellite account via CarPlay. That works flawlessly. If you are using android, you might consider streaming it via Bluetooth. I know it’s not a great solution, but that’s what it’s been working for me.

Yeah, I knew it didn't have the satellite hardware, my question is "why?" Such a no brainer if you ask me. I've had Sirius in my cars since about the time we launched the first satellite in the late 90s. It works even when there is no cell connection. It's a small gripe, but it is one of my gripes about the car. (Not the lack of the satellite hardware, but that even in the heart of Silicon Valley, Sirius drops the internet connection).

Yeah, I knew it didn't have the satellite hardware, my question is "why?" Such a no brainer if you ask me. I've had Sirius in my cars since about the time we launched the first satellite in the late 90s. It works even when there is no cell connection. It's a small gripe, but it is one of my gripes about the car. (Not the lack of the satellite hardware, but that even in the heart of Silicon Valley, Sirius drops the internet connection).
Nobody is going to be able to answer why. I’ve wondered that myself. That’s why it’s very important to carefully consider all features.. and absence thereof… that matter to you when researching and purchasing a vehicle.

I wasn't expecting an answer, more of a rhetorical headscratcher. Off topic for this thread for sure, but another rhetorical headscratcher is why the firetruck doesn't the car come with a tire inflator and sealant?!?!?! I just assumed it was hiding in the trunk under the flap opposite of where the portable EVSE is stored. If I had known there wasn't one, I would have gladly paid the $100 to buy one when I picked the car up.

Imagine my shock when I got a flat last week when I wen to look for it.

There are some things that I have just come to expect in a $100k car. Both of these (the tire kit and the satellite tuner) caught me off guard. I mean, I would have bought the car anyway, but it is a case study of you don't know what you don't know until you find out the hard way.

Having Sirius as a streaming app on the Lucid just means that I lose connectivity in different locations than with the satellite version: tall buildings in certain directions, stopping in underpasses, and other random obstacles would block the satellite signal in my other car.

I've had similar behavior. Most of the time, if I wait long enough and maybe try another station it will work.

Having Sirius as a streaming app on the Lucid just means that I lose connectivity in different locations than with the satellite version: tall buildings in certain directions, stopping in underpasses, and other random obstacles would block the satellite signal in my other car.
There is also quite a few more stations on the streaming version than the satellite version. Additionally, the sound quality is apparently better.

I have been having this sirusxm issue now for about a month. works fine in my garage and out the driveway and then says poor internet connection and stops working. carplay and spotify work fine. i called CS and they had me reset the infotainment system (pressing the Air logo until it shuts down). Did not fix. I texted CS and this person texted me that SiriusXM is in BETA and may not always work!!! i said i hadn't known it was BETA and that I had had no issues until last update. No answer other than it is in BETA and until it's not it may not work. Frustrating indeed. AGain, love the car, hate all these stupid issues. I had been wondering if anyone had been having the same problem and sorry to see there have been. ANyone else hearing this is a BETA issue?
I've been having a similar problem. SiriusXM works fine when on WiFi in my garage, but when on cell data, it never streams. This behavior started with the 2.1.3 update, and continued when I updated to 2.1.10. I have talked to Customer Service, who seemed to think this was a new problem they hadn't seen, and said they would tell the developers and get back to me. A week later, I haven't heard anything more.

This is particularly aggravating because streaming audio from my phone has also become very unreliable. When I got the car almost a year ago, I used bluetooth to stream audio from my phone. When CarPlay was released, I started using that instead. But now CarPlay has become unreliable, and often craps out. And bluetooth steaming will not work from a phone that has CarPlay enabled. Today I ran errands in total silence because the in-dash apps wouldn't stream, and CarPlay wouldn't initialize.

One other problem appeared at the same time that this did (the 2.1 update): Alexa no longer works. When I press the steering wheel button for Alexa, I get a red bar instead of the blue one and she doesn't listen or respond. This was how I opened and closed my garage. Now I have to use the wireless button for the garage door opener, or the app on my phone, while already in my driveway then wait for the door to open. I could ask Alexa to do it while still a block away.

Is there a way to go back to 2.0.79?

I've been having a similar problem. SiriusXM works fine when on WiFi in my garage, but when on cell data, it never streams. This behavior started with the 2.1.3 update, and continued when I updated to 2.1.10. I have talked to Customer Service, who seemed to think this was a new problem they hadn't seen, and said they would tell the developers and get back to me. A week later, I haven't heard anything more.

This is particularly aggravating because streaming audio from my phone has also become very unreliable. When I got the car almost a year ago, I used bluetooth to stream audio from my phone. When CarPlay was released, I started using that instead. But now CarPlay has become unreliable, and often craps out. And bluetooth steaming will not work from a phone that has CarPlay enabled. Today I ran errands in total silence because the in-dash apps wouldn't stream, and CarPlay wouldn't initialize.

One other problem appeared at the same time that this did (the 2.1 update): Alexa no longer works. When I press the steering wheel button for Alexa, I get a red bar instead of the blue one and she doesn't listen or respond. This was how I opened and closed my garage. Now I have to use the wireless button for the garage door opener, or the app on my phone, while already in my driveway then wait for the door to open. I could ask Alexa to do it while still a block away.

Is there a way to go back to 2.0.79?
Weird. CarPlay has been super stable for me. You might want to try to go ahead and delete your phone from the car entirely, delete your car from your phone entirely, and remarry everything again. I did that a while back and I haven’t had any issues. The SiriusXM app on the iPhone works very well through CarPlay. If you have any issues with that, reach out to me privately and I will be happy to get on the phone with you and try to help you.

I wasn't expecting an answer, more of a rhetorical headscratcher. Off topic for this thread for sure, but another rhetorical headscratcher is why the firetruck doesn't the car come with a tire inflator and sealant?!?!?! I just assumed it was hiding in the trunk under the flap opposite of where the portable EVSE is stored. If I had known there wasn't one, I would have gladly paid the $100 to buy one when I picked the car up.

Imagine my shock when I got a flat last week when I wen to look for it.

There are some things that I have just come to expect in a $100k car. Both of these (the tire kit and the satellite tuner) caught me off guard. I mean, I would have bought the car anyway, but it is a case study of you don't know what you don't know until you find out the hard way.
I haven't bought a car that actually included a spare or an inflater in well over a decade. Those days are long gone, I'm afraid.

I haven't bought a car that actually included a spare or an inflater in well over a decade. Those days are long gone, I'm afraid.
Yeah - a tire repair kit is only ever included if the state mandates it by law (which a few states do). I bought mine, and an extra canister, because why not.

I've found the streaming version of SXM to have better sound quality than the non-streaming version. Perhaps there is more bandwidth allowed for the streaming version or maybe I'm just wrong. So I may be one of the few, but I was actually happy to see it had streaming SXM. I think once we get past the beta version, owners will be much happier (he said optimistically ;))

I've found the streaming version of SXM to have better sound quality than the non-streaming version. Perhaps there is more bandwidth allowed for the streaming version or maybe I'm just wrong. So I may be one of the few, but I was actually happy to see it had streaming SXM. I think once we get past the beta version, owners will be much happier (he said optimistically ;))
I am having far more cell-data dropouts than I have with the satellite receivers in our other cars. Once the Lucid software can recover on its own from "slow network" conditions, SiriusXM streaming will be much better.

I think I have finally hit on something repeatable (difficult, but still repeatable) that I can report to CS. If I go in to the office (rare for my cirumstances) and leave the car for an extended period in the underground parking garage, it will take ~ 10 minutes before it can finally get connected. During this "blackout period", AM/FM radio will work but XM Radio, Spotify, and Tidal will not. I've now run into this about 3 times. What's interesting is that it seems time dependent.

I think I have finally hit on something repeatable (difficult, but still repeatable) that I can report to CS. If I go in to the office (rare for my cirumstances) and leave the car for an extended period in the underground parking garage, it will take ~ 10 minutes before it can finally get connected. During this "blackout period", AM/FM radio will work but XM Radio, Spotify, and Tidal will not. I've now run into this about 3 times. What's interesting is that it seems time dependent.
Maybe related to how deep a sleep the car is in?

Brainstorming here:

I too have the intermittent loss of SXM and the concurrent loss of internet. This is really the only issue I’ve had with the car. Sometimes switching from one SXM channel and back to the original will restore the signal, sometimes not. When I can’t get SXM, I usually can’t get Tidal (not surprisingly). I haven’t done any resets since giving it some time will usually bring the signal back. Patience is sometimes a virtue, though not always. ;)

The issue typically brings up one of the following error messages:
* Internet signal lost
* Something went wrong (my personal favorite)
* Station lost, try another channel

Since the issue also occurs with Tidal, I’m more inclined to believe this is an internet reception issue rather than SXM being in a beta stage. I had read somewhere that AT&T, not my favorite provider, is the carrier for Lucid. I’m not sure if this is true. OTOH I often have several signal bars while having no reception. Go figure.

So I suppose it could be an AT&T issue. If so, can this be improved via software?

I’ve also learned over the years that there are different tiers of cellular service one can get. So even though you may have a full set of signal bars, high cellular traffic may push you to the back of the line. Could this also be a possible cause for these issues if Lucid opted for a cheaper plan?

Driving home today, I decided to switch from listening to Spotify to SiriusXM. The station wouldn't connect. Switching to another didn't work. Then, I switched to Tidal. Nope. During this, I was getting a no internet connection - which is odd since Spotify had just been working. I noticed that the signal strength indicator had no bars. After driving for 5 minutes or so (and confirm that FM radio reception isn't ideal either), the signal strength indicator came back with 5 bars. I switched to SiriusXM again and again got a no internet signal and after a few moments, the signal strength indicator went to no bars again. More FM radio. Then tried Spotify when the signal strength indicator came back. Nope. Drove the rest of the way home in silence. When I was almost home, I suddenly got a notification from Alexa. So, I guess connectivity was just fine but the media system just didn't think so.

If anyone else runs into this problem, a Bobby Reset fixes it. If I hit it again, I'm going to email customer care.
Jumping on this thread because it seems to be related to my problem of always losing Internet connectivity with XM. Has anyone found ability to put in an XM satellite receiver in an air GT?

Reactions: DBV
Jumping on this thread because it seems to be related to my problem of always losing Internet connectivity with XM. Has anyone found ability to put in an XM satellite receiver in an air GT?
If you have an iPhone, stream it though CarPlay.

If you have an iPhone, stream it though CarPlay.
That's not what he asked. I really, really want to have satellite radio. I spend a lot of time driving where there is no cell service. If the car had an aux input to the stereo system, I would have long since added a third-party satellite receiver. But I don't know a way to make that work.

Reactions: DBV
That's not what he asked. I really, really want to have satellite radio. I spend a lot of time driving where there is no cell service. If the car had an aux input to the stereo system, I would have long since added a third-party satellite receiver. But I don't know a way to make that work.
ok, how about something like this? https://a.co/d/3KHzEx8

Back