SiriusXM Megathread

I don’t think it is part of the current software issue, it either isn’t available or hasn’t been enabled. It is a bit of a mystery to me if it will become available in the future? Not certain if anyone can answer that, except maybe Lucid?
Not a software issue. Sirius XM is not included in the car, and was never advertised, fwiw.

Not a software issue. Sirius XM is not included in the car, and was never advertised, fwiw.
You are correct but I made an incorrect assumption that the DE would have it because every car that we have purchased in the last six years has it and the DE should have it.

My advice is to get a Tidal subscription and listen in hifi and Dolby. I was initially concerned about the lack of Sirius XM but I honestly do not miss it one bit.
Tidal is great, but my wife and I use Sirius for talk radio and sports, which is awesome when we travel so much. Lucid really needs Sirius, but at least when they get CarPlay will have the App, but still would rather have the real thing.

I use SiriusXM just for one channel. One our cars has it and the other doesn’t. When I’m in the car that doesn’t have it I use the SiriusXM mobile app on my iPhone. I plan on doing the same thing in my Lucid.

But it affected my DirecTV.

I have DirecTV. Rain on the dish blocks the signal.

You both probably have a dual or triple LNB dish. If you mount a single LNB dish aimed directly at each satellite, rain fade doesn't exist. I had a dish at my house in Chicago that turned to aim at each individual satellite along the Clarke line. No rain fade either. You could get signal strength of 98% multiple LNB dishes sacrifice this probably in 80% range if not even worse.

Not sure if you can still get this today.

Last edited:
Question for any current or ex Tesla owners. Does Tesla have Sirius XM? I read somewhere that initially they did not but then were able to offer it in a later software update?

I believe it now requires a radio upgrade, but doesn’t come standard any more. I think it’s changed about two years ago

I believe it now requires a radio upgrade, but doesn’t come standard any more. I think it’s changed about two years ago
It requires a retrofit?

Did you wind up using the remote control to change stations?
Yes I do use the remote control to change stations. I just retract the pilot panel for brief moment...find my station ..change it and then bring the pilot panel back down!

You both probably have a dual or triple LNB dish. If you mount a single LNB dish aimed directly at each satellite, rain fade doesn't exist. I had a dish at my house in Chicago that turned to aim at each individual satellite along the Clarke line. No rain fade either. You could get signal strength of 98% multiple LNB dishes sacrifice this probably in 80% range if not even worse.

Not sure if you can still get this today.

I switched to cable.

https://www.tesla.com/support/infotainment

Just read the article. 🤔

Tesla charge owners $2500 Infotainment system upgrade; in the process took away radio system; then charge $500 more for radio bring back?

Any Tesla owner here with Model-S, Model-X prior to 2020 can relate to this article??

Question for any current or ex Tesla owners. Does Tesla have Sirius XM? I read somewhere that initially they did not but then were able to offer it in a later software update?
It does come standard on the refresh Model S.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess the way it reads is, it’s an add on on top of a retrofit infotainment upgrade…

I lost my connection to the SiriusXM app twice driving into work this morning on top of the one since there is no cell signal in our neighborhood.

I installed the SeriusXM Roadie BT today And connected it via Bluetooth. Worked great!

Pictures attached.

I used the USB —> 12VOLT cigarette lighter adaptor that @Alex recommended.

For purposes of today, I just shoved the antenna above the passenger sunvisor. Obviously this is a suboptimal location as the wire does get in the way. I am considering moving it to above or below the rear deck lid as @Alex has done and suggested. Then again, I like the wire hanging down as a visual reminder that this is one of the very few cars built for the US market in the past 15 years that does not come pre-wired for satellite radio. In many ways, the Lucid is technologically advanced but in this one specific dimension — tech for satellite radio — the tech in a 2007 Chevy Malibu is far superior.

Not sure I want the controller mounted. I might just leave it in the rat‘s nest of wires I have in the cubby with the cup holders. (The Roady BT came with 2 different mounts that it attaches to via a magnet). Having it lose (as I did today) makes it quite easy to pick it up and change channels with right hand while driving.

Attachments

• 623C6C2E-4D38-4BA6-9FCE-DFF915616051.jpeg
    623C6C2E-4D38-4BA6-9FCE-DFF915616051.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • 003AF7DD-4FB0-47D8-BBCA-927111482FC6.jpeg
    003AF7DD-4FB0-47D8-BBCA-927111482FC6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • FD28F3FF-33E3-4DA7-81B1-26BFD0056D77.jpeg
    FD28F3FF-33E3-4DA7-81B1-26BFD0056D77.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • 996CF515-9016-4BD8-83B3-74361790A941.jpeg
    996CF515-9016-4BD8-83B3-74361790A941.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 88370985-ED65-4C6E-9B17-902598F611F9.jpeg
    88370985-ED65-4C6E-9B17-902598F611F9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
I installed the SeriusXM Roadie BT today And connected it via Bluetooth. Worked great!

Pictures attached.

I used the USB —> 12VOLT cigarette lighter adaptor that @Alex recommended.

For purposes of today, I just shoved the antenna above the passenger sunvisor. Obviously this is a suboptimal location as the wire does get in the way. I am considering moving it to above or below the rear deck lid as @Alex has done and suggested. Then again, I like the wire hanging down as a visual reminder that this is one of the very few cars built for the US market in the past 15 years that does not come pre-wired for satellite radio. In many ways, the Lucid is technologically advanced but in this one specific dimension — tech for satellite radio — the tech in a 2007 Chevy Malibu is far superior.

Not sure I want the controller mounted. I might just leave it in the rat‘s nest of wires I have in the cubby with the cup holders. (The Roady BT came with 2 different mounts that it attaches to via a magnet). Having it lose (as I did today) makes it quite easy to pick it up and change channels with right hand while driving.
Does the Roady BT display the album art? Since UX 2 Phone BT shows album art. It would be nice if the Roady did that too.

This was my exact morning project before football started. I used exact same one and same results.

I really only want it for road trips where I was too often losing cell coverage so I'm also keeping it in the hidden storage. I'll pull it out for trips where I don't think I'll mind the wires temporarily and hide it away most of the time.

Back