SiriusXM Megathread

Yea , you certainly make an excellent point.
I hadn’t heard of Tidal either . I researched it, signed up for hifi , learned about Atmos , and am pretty smitten with it. It’s a load of fun in the car , with all the speakers . Sounds fantastic and is a great companion while driving.
Tidal still requires cell service availability.

Thanks to all for your very helpful input. I need to have SXM because much of my drive is in non-cell service. I'm interested in the RoadyBT but it looks rather large. If you've purchased it and have installed it, I'd really like to see some pics of the install and to know how the BT works with the Lucid. TIA.

Thanks @Alex for the wonderful right up. Also @Drendino I place the radio behind the tablet pilot panel in the cubby area. My only issue right now is trying to find the right kinda tape or double sided velcro to make the radio stick to the roof of the cubby. Keeps falling down no matter what I try (3M double sided etc etc). I wonder if there's a stick or something that I can rest at the bottom of the cubby that can hold up the radio to the roof of the cubby

Look for Alien tape. It is removable and reusable

Tidal still requires cell service availability.
Yes, there will be times when I won’t be able to listen, but even on long trips it will only be a minority.
That being said, I do understand peoples’ dissatisfaction and disappointment with the lack of Sirius XM. I wonder if it will eventually be available in an update, but I must admit I do not enough about what the UI would require to make that happen.
I used to have it in my Subaru , but we cancelled it and have not really missed it that much. I got pretty frustrated with their customer service model, so perhaps I am biased in that regard.

I have not yet had my my GT delivered. Are you guys saying I will not be able to receive Sirius radio like I do with my other cars?

I have not yet had my my GT delivered. Are you guys saying I will not be able to receive Sirius radio like I do with my other cars?
Not without using the Sirius app on your phone and then broadcasting to your car via Bluetooth… for now.

At this point, it is not available in the user interface. I honestly don’t know if that will change in the future.

Why? Is this part of the software issue?

I don’t think it is part of the current software issue, it either isn’t available or hasn’t been enabled. It is a bit of a mystery to me if it will become available in the future? Not certain if anyone can answer that, except maybe Lucid?

I think most SXM requires a shark fin antenna. Maybe there will be some alternatives later.

I think most SXM requires a shark fin antenna. Maybe there will be some alternatives later.
The EQS has SiriusXM and no visible external antenna.

The EQS has SiriusXM and no visible external antenna.
EQS is such a weird beast. It has side funnel drawer for wiper fluid. It’s like front-load wash machine on wheels begging for detergent. Maybe it has shark fin antenna at bottom of car or trunk. 😂

Weather doesn't affect satellite radio
I have said this in other posts but driving around Houston, I have more cell data streaming dropouts than SiriusXM ones.

😂 I was headed up the hill, saw you right before I made my turn from mark west to cross creek on my way home
I’m pretty sure that you were heading to another one of our mutual clients. You are everywhere. 😂

Back