SiriusXM Megathread

I think this is a serious (pun intended) omission. Having a radio that relies on a cell signal for subscription services is an extremely poor design, IMO. As much as I love the car this could be the factor that causes me to have my deposit returned. The future looks bright for electric vehicles and there will be competition coming from legacy carmakers that will rival the performance of the Lucid but offer better software and related features. I hope Lucid reconsiders and is working on this.

Has anyone installed third-party satellite hardware into their Air to receive SXM? That's something I will do if I can figure out how.

Sure, that’s always an option, but very inelegant. I get into my cars and my phone stays in my pocket. I’d find it a real pain to have to take it out of my pocket, find the app and then tune to the channel I want. Then if I want to change the channel, it becomes a safety issue while driving.

If forced, I’d consider using a wireless CarPlay dongle I have that plugs into a USB port. Again, not great, but at least I can mirror the phone on the screen. The issue then becomes, will the Lucid UI allow for a wireless CarPlay or AA dongle.

C’mon Lucid, equip the cars with XM natively.
The wireless CarPlay dongle only works if the car already has CarPlay.

I think this is a serious (pun intended) omission. Having a radio that relies on a cell signal for subscription services is an extremely poor design, IMO. As much as I love the car this could be the factor that causes me to have my deposit returned. The future looks bright for electric vehicles and there will be competition coming from legacy carmakers that will rival the performance of the Lucid but offer better software and related features. I hope Lucid reconsiders and is working on this.
I agree, it’s a major oversight and slightly arrogant that Lucid thinks they can change that much basic car behavior. I plan on installing an after market system if they don’t address it.

Well, using super rough and not exactly the best data, Sirius has 34 million subscribers and there are 276 million vehicles on the road in the US, roughly 12%. I know this data will be picked apart, but for 12% possible user base, I could see why you would leave off the hardware

Well, using super rough and not exactly the best data, Sirius has 34 million subscribers and there are 276 million vehicles on the road in the US, roughly 12%. I know this data will be picked apart, but for 12% possible user base, I could see why you would leave off the hardware
I wonder what the business model for the hardware is. Do the car OEMs pay Sirius for the hardware (presumably at some deep discount) so they can sell SXM as a feature? Or does Sirius pay the OEMs to include the hardware in anticipation of making up the costs in subscription revenue?

Can someone explain what functionality is currently available with the sound system and what functionality is projected to come with time frame? My understanding is it has basic radio function such as AM/FM and no ability to utilized USB media such as MP3 files etc. Also it’s my understanding that via Bluetooth you can play music from phone apps? Is this correct? Am I missing something? I’d appreciate a better understanding of what is available and what features will be forthcoming.

Can someone explain what functionality is currently available with the sound system and what functionality is projected to come with time frame? My understanding is it has basic radio function such as AM/FM and no ability to utilized USB media such as MP3 files etc. Also it’s my understanding that via Bluetooth you can play music from phone apps? Is this correct? Am I missing something? I’d appreciate a better understanding of what is available and what features will be forthcoming.
You can definitely play music, audible books, podcasts, etc. via Bluetooth from your phone. You cannot connect USB devices and access music or whatever from them. You can access/stream various Apps through the Lucid UI including Spotify, Tidal, Radio, etc. At the present you will not have direct access to Apple CarPlay or Android Auto although they are supposedly coming at some point in the future.

You can definitely play music, audible books, podcasts, etc. via Bluetooth from your phone. You cannot connect USB devices and access music or whatever from them. You can access/stream various Apps through the Lucid UI including Spotify, Tidal, Radio, etc. At the present you will not have direct access to Apple CarPlay or Android Auto although they are supposedly coming at some point in the future.

Basically all cellular dependent services except terrestrial radio.

The start of the thread included Bluetooth and USB as points of discussion.
Without using Bluetooth it is correct you are limited to AM/FM or cellular based apps.

After having my car radio not work in a cell blind spot I think it's cellular AM/FM radio.

I took delivery of my GT last week, and assumed during the last year since initially ordering that Sirius Xm would be part of the audio system; was surprised to learn otherwise when I picked it up. My old 2013 Prius and a newer 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee both came with the hardware, and I've become accustomed to satellite service. I love my new car, but "seriously" Lucid, what are you thinking?

I took delivery of my GT last week, and assumed during the last year since initially ordering that Sirius Xm would be part of the audio system; was surprised to learn otherwise when I picked it up. My old 2013 Prius and a newer 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee both came with the hardware, and I've become accustomed to satellite service. I love my new car, but "seriously" Lucid, what are you thinking?
My advice is to get a Tidal subscription and listen in hifi and Dolby. I was initially concerned about the lack of Sirius XM but I honestly do not miss it one bit.

Back