SiriusXM Megathread

Does the Roady BT display the album art? Since UX 2 Phone BT shows album art. It would be nice if the Roady did that too.
I had to go outside and check. The answer is — no. It just shows “unknown.” See attached photo. (Also, when I turned the Roadie BT back on, needed to wait for it to pair with the car, as my phone seemed to occupy the BT exclusively. (When I originally set up the Roadie BT, I was given a choice by the Lucid to pair the Roadie BT as either a phone or an audio device. I paired as an audio device. Perhaps it is different if paired as a phone? The problem with that, I think is that might not be able to have 2 phones paired at once and the Roadie BT is really not a phone.

Attachments

• 1E171DDE-FE08-44A8-BC95-3767363705DA.jpeg
    1E171DDE-FE08-44A8-BC95-3767363705DA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
I had to go outside and check. The answer is — no. It just shows “unknown.” See attached photo. (Also, when I turned the Roadie BT back on, needed to wait for it to pair with the car, as my phone seemed to occupy the BT exclusively. (When I originally set up the Roadie BT, I was given a choice by the Lucid to pair the Roadie BT as either a phone or an audio device. I paired as an audio device. Perhaps it is different if paired as a phone? The problem with that, I think is that might not be able to have 2 phones paired at once and the Roadie BT is really not a phone.
Would the roadie fit mounted behind the pilot panel?

Just read the article. 🤔

Tesla charge owners $2500 Infotainment system upgrade; in the process took away radio system; then charge $500 more for radio bring back?

Any Tesla owner here with Model-S, Model-X prior to 2020 can relate to this article??

Yes. One of our Model Xs was built in July 2018. It came with Sirius. All we had to do was buy a subscription. Over the years we’ve been listening Sirius less and less. I keep the subscription going out of habit, and because both my very elderly parents LOOOVE the “Siriusly Sinatra” channel.

By the way before those that tool, Elon, and his engineers started mucking around with the Tesla infotainment system, Model Ss and Model Xs came with FM radio as well as Sirius capability as standard.

So I was never one of those hapless Tesla buyers who had to buy back FM and Sirius capability for $2500, but I did pay $2500 for something else - full FSD, which now costs something like $15,000.

Question for any current or ex Tesla owners. Does Tesla have Sirius XM? I read somewhere that initially they did not but then were able to offer it in a later software update?

Both our Model Xs came with Sirius XM and FM radio. They were built in November 2017 and July 2018 respectively.

From what I remember reading Tesla took both of these capabilities away during a fit of fixing things that weren’t broken. Good thing we bought our three Teslas (Model S and 2 Model Xs), before all that happened.

Both our Model Xs came with Sirius XM and FM radio. They were built in November 2017 and July 2018 respectively.

From what I remember reading Tesla took both of these capabilities away during a fit of fixing things that weren’t broken. Good thing we bought our three Teslas (Model S and 2 Model Xs), before all that happened.
Actually Model S and Model X have alway had XM. The hardware has always been there and there may have been a small amount of time when it wasn't enabled properly, like on my 2019 Model X. But the FM/XM tuner is present on all Model S/Xs. The Model 3/Ys are XM capable once their FM tuner is switched out to the combo FM/XM tuner (plus XM antenna).

Does the Roadie share account or does it need to be added as another device and subscription?

Fwiw it's a $50 piece of hardware that is often subsidized by Sirius XM, + 3 months free etc, given the free CAC/high LTV that benefits Sirius. They (Sirius) probably didn't see the benefit of designing it in (R&D) until Lucid inflects to 20k units/year, which should be next year.

20221031_083717-01.jpeg

Great minds think alike. I set mine up this past weekend as well. The artwork does show on the receiver but not on the display panel.

I'm so glad you all are liking the Roady BT I'd suggested. How is the sound quality over Bluetooth vs FM stations? A lot of little better? I'm thinking of one myself
I don't have the ability to test over FM cause I think you need a FM adapter sold separately. The sound quality over Bluetooth has been good for me.
wheres the antenna and did you do wiring yourself
For right now, the antenna is on the rear deck on the car, but I haven't found the ideal spot yet. Still getting done cutouts in shall strength. I'm gonna play around with position a bit more.

I did the wiring myself. Still trying to figure out what's better. Right now I have a cigarette lighter extension cable from the trunk into the cabin. I might switch to keeping the cigarette adapter on the Roady in the trunk and a longer usb cable run from the trunk to the cabin instead. I'll post pics either tonight or tomorrow.

I don't have the ability to test over FM cause I think you need a FM adapter sold separately. The sound quality over Bluetooth has been good for me.

For right now, the antenna is on the rear deck on the car, but I haven't found the ideal spot yet. Still getting done cutouts in shall strength. I'm gonna play around with position a bit more.

I did the wiring myself. Still trying to figure out what's better. Right now I have a cigarette lighter extension cable from the trunk into the cabin. I might switch to keeping the cigarette adapter on the Roady in the trunk and a longer usb cable run from the trunk to the cabin instead. I'll post pics either tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks, I look forward to seeing the pics

fingers crossed it’s via software and doesn’t need any hardware changes!!!

I think it will need to be the hardware version to keep people happy?
I think it's software only, but that's based on the rumor there was no satellite antennae

Back