SiriusXM Megathread

It's great, but I assume it's just the app/software version. Glad to have it but the hardware version is what makes it great for traveling and avoiding cell service dead areas. But, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. It will be a nice addition.
Great news regardless. Lucid is really taking strides updating the car and it's features. I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep or return my Roady, but that's more principal than anything since I spent time installing it.

Great news, this was my biggest complaint when looking into the car. Not so much because I love Sirius but every car I have owned for the last ten years had it availabile and an expensive car should have the option. So, is it streaming or a true satellite feed? If it’s just streaming then they haven’t solved the cell drop out problems.

Offering Pandora stations implies that it's software only (streaming), since personalized Pandora stations aren't available via satellite. Still, good news.

Color me surprised. Didn't think they would do this. But if it's software only, that makes a bit more sense. No need for extra hardware. Probably got the folks at Sirius to build them a native app.

I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep or return my Roady
I'm thinking I'll keep it stashed away for trips where I get frustrated with cell dead zones but it'll be awesome having the software version for 98% of the time

Crap. i was hoping I would get a reprieve on the constant phone calls from Sirius for this car.

This is fantastic. I'd be happy to add an antenna if it were native and not streaming. Streaming will not solve my issue of not having enough cell service to stream.

I think it's software only, but that's based on the rumor there was no satellite antennae
I guess time will tell. The software version only will still result in coverage drop frustrations. For the many individuals who really enjoy SXM I wonder if cars can be retrofitted with hardware? Not enough of an expert to have a clue.
In any case, a positive development on the audio side of things.

The post from Lucid is a bit unclear. I’m not sure whether this only applies to the future 2023 models or also the current models.

The post from Lucid is a bit unclear. I’m not sure whether this only applies to the future 2023 models or also the current models.
I interpret it as all cars will get it, so a software update similar to CarPlay or AA. Just conjecture though.

happy-dancing.gif

I interpret it as all cars will get it, so a software update similar to CarPlay or AA. Just conjecture

Yes. It specifically mentioned Dream Editions so it'll be current too

News is great on many levels — the right thing to do, shows they listen, etc. As others have noted, if it is the software app over cellular service, there is little point. The key to satellite radio is that it works where cellular service does not, especially here in mountain west (Utah, Arizona, Montana, Western Colorado) where there are some of the best scenic drives in the world. Few, if any of these fabulous drives have cell coverage.

If unbeknownst to us there is an antenna already in our cars, even better! All we would need is a software update to turn it on.

If they will add antenna for 2023 built cars, hopefully they will have some type of retro-fit for already delivered cars. Until then, I will keep enjoying my Roadie BT set up.

Does the Roadie share account or does it need to be added as another device and subscription?
The Roadie BT is another device (just like another car). It comes with 3 free months (well, not free — they charged me $2.13 for the first three months) and then something like $100/year thereafter.
I'm so glad you all are liking the Roady BT I'd suggested. How is the sound quality over Bluetooth vs FM stations? A lot of little better? I'm thinking of one myself
Sound quality I think is the same as any BT device — I think no better or worse than streaming music via Bluetooth via phone. The Roadie BT has three ways to connect to the car — (1) via Aux cable. (2) via Bluetooth, or (3) via FM adaptor (a separate purchase). The instructions label Aux and BT connections as “best” and the FM connection as “good.”

I assume we do not have an Aux port so I just connected via Bluetooth.

It comes with 3 free months (well, not free — they charged me $2.13 for the first three months)
Yes, their $2.00 "processing" fee. I said, oh the box says it is free. Never mind then I'll just return it.

He said wait a minute and came back saying his manager authorized him to waive it.

Took more than $2 of my time but it was the principle of the thing.......

Yes, their $2.00 "processing" fee. I said, oh the box says it is free. Never mind then I'll just return it.

He said wait a minute and came back saying his manager authorized him to waive it.

Took more than $2 of my time but it was the principle of the thing.......
Wow. I should have fought that! I agree it’s the principle of the thing but then again, the SeriusXM customer service is on par with a cable company for ease to deal with. Frankly, I’d pay hundreds of dollars to avoid having to interact with them ever again.

Back