Side Mirror Tilt Rant

QuantumFire

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT
Referral Code
U9XVNBTQ
Just want to rant about the Side Mirror Tile option. I want to use the option once every two weeks (at most), that's about once every 50 times I reverse, so keeping it enabled all the time is a no-go. I wish there was a control on the main screen to enable/disable the tilt, like there is for the side mirror folding (which I've never used) I'm particularly salty because I just scratched my rim, which I'm 99% confident would not have happened if the side mirror was tilted. This is my first scratch too, so it stings particularly bad.

I would absolutely love an easy way to toggle it on and off. I want it on because I use it every day but my driveway is narrow and there are electric panels hanging out that I can't see when it tilts down.

Wish we could replace some of the not so useful b touch buttons off to the left of the screen.

Classic no win situation for Lucid. For months we get “Why doesn’t my mirror tilt like my $20,000 Honda?” And then Lucid adds it, and it’s “I don’t want it to happen ALL the time.”

Just kidding. I totally agree. I never wanted this feature, but I have found it surprisingly handy. A few times. It would be cool to be able to toggle it easily.

Classic no win situation for Lucid. For months we get “Why doesn’t my mirror tilt like my $20,000 Honda?” And then Lucid adds it, and it’s “I don’t want it to happen ALL the time.”

Just kidding. I totally agree. I never wanted this feature, but I have found it surprisingly handy. A few times. It would be cool to be able to toggle it easily.
I don't need this feature in the Lucid either since I have the 360 cameras. But in my $35,000 Honda, I did use it occasionally when I was parallel parking. But Honda didn't have a toggle for it either. I'd have to go to mirror settings and tilt it down when I needed it. The same procedure could be used in the Lucid.

I don't need this feature in the Lucid either since I have the 360 cameras. But in my $35,000 Honda, I did use it occasionally when I was parallel parking. But Honda didn't have a toggle for it either. I'd have to go to mirror settings and tilt it down when I needed it. The same procedure could be used in the Lucid.
That seems like the best approach. It’s a lot of annoying button pushes at an inconvenient time, but it’ll have to do. At least the mirror should move back to correct position when getting back into the car.

Just want to rant about the Side Mirror Tile option. I want to use the option once every two weeks (at most), that's about once every 50 times I reverse, so keeping it enabled all the time is a no-go. I wish there was a control on the main screen to enable/disable the tilt, like there is for the side mirror folding (which I've never used) I'm particularly salty because I just scratched my rim, which I'm 99% confident would not have happened if the side mirror was tilted. This is my first scratch too, so it stings particularly bad.
I really like this idea. I too wish for this feature.

Two other suggestions:
1) Ability to tilt driver mirror too
2) Ability to adjust downtilt positioning/angle of mirror

I haven't personally tried, but if you go into reverse, and then go into your settings, vehicle, drive does the mirror tilt? Yes it's 3 buttons, but still something you can toggle when needed?

I haven't personally tried, but if you go into reverse, and then go into your settings, vehicle, drive does the mirror tilt? Yes it's 3 buttons, but still something you can toggle when needed?
Yeah, that does work. But it’s a bit of a pain to get to, hence why a button on the main screen would be convenient.

I guess I see this roughly the same as the homelink thing.

Yeah, that does work. But it’s a bit of a pain to get to, hence why a button on the main screen would be convenient.

I guess I see this roughly the same as the homelink thing.
Yea. If it's a rare occasion thing, then 3 taps seems like no big deal. If you need the feature more often, you should just leave it on. But, I agree an easy toggle would be nice.

If I may offer a compromise; enabling the side mirror cameras to display on the dash while in reverse, maybe with some virtual clearance lines added as guides. The cameras have a nice, wide field of view, wide enough to see the rear tires and fenders at the same time. That would make backing through narrow spaces even easier, without extra button taps.

(FWIW, I personally -love- that the mirror tilts down because it offers the clearest view of the curb and parking space lines while in reverse, even in foul weather.)

Yea. If it's a rare occasion thing, then 3 taps seems like no big deal. If you need the feature more often, you should just leave it on. But, I agree an easy toggle would be nice.
Two things that make the buried menu option not good... I don't use it frequently enough to remember exactly where it is each time, so i'll have to hunt for it, while I'm blocking the road and with the car stopped out in traffic.

Two things that make the buried menu option not good... I don't use it frequently enough to remember exactly where it is each time, so i'll have to hunt for it, while I'm blocking the road and with the car stopped out in traffic.
Oh please. It’s in a logical spot.

If I may offer a compromise; enabling the side mirror cameras to display on the dash while in reverse, maybe with some virtual clearance lines added as guides. The cameras have a nice, wide field of view, wide enough to see the rear tires and fenders at the same time. That would make backing through narrow spaces even easier, without extra button taps.

(FWIW, I personally -love- that the mirror tilts down because it offers the clearest view of the curb and parking space lines while in reverse, even in foul weather.)
This would be a great alternative. It could also provide a better visual field for other reverse scenarios (e.g. backing into a garage) than simply tilting the mirror down.

This would be a great alternative. It could also provide a better visual field for other reverse scenarios (e.g. backing into a garage) than simply tilting the mirror down.
I have personally asked for this from the software team.

Back