Should I get metal roof and also DDPro?

MichaelW

Cars
LUCID Air Touring
So, considering a 2024 Touring to replace my crushed Pure AWD. Few questions for the group…

1. Is the roof on the Cosmos Silver the aluminum look or body colored? Not a fan of the aluminum look.

2. Worth opting for DreamDrive at this point?

3. Is the 2025 model worth getting over the 2024? I have heard about faster computers and heat pumps that extend range on the 2025 models and wondering if that’s the case?

Michael.

So, considering a 2024 Touring to replace my crushed Pure AWD. Few questions for the group…

1. Is the roof on the Cosmos Silver the aluminum look or body colored? Not a fan of the aluminum look.

3. Is the 2025 model worth getting over the 2024? I have heard about faster computers and heat pumps that extend range on the 2025 models and wondering if that’s the case?

Michael.
For 1, it depends. If you get it with a metal roof, it is body color. If you get it with a glass roof, it is still aluminum.

It sounds like the 2025 has some good upgrades. I think DD (with 360 view but not HA) is worth it, especially if it has the hardware for DDPro upgrade - not positive about this.
What happened to waiting for a SUV? Could do a short term.lease until Gravity comes out

Functionality hasn’t changed since you lost your car, but what has changed is the price. It’s much cheaper for 2025 MYs. I’d certainly take it.
Both true. The 2024 GT got a heat pump, but the Touring didn’t get one until 2025. I don’t expect either of these things to make a huge difference though, unless you do a lot of cold weather driving.

It sounds like the 2025 has some good upgrades. I think DD (with 360 view but not HA) is worth it, especially if it has the hardware for DDPro upgrade - not positive about this.
What happened to waiting for a SUV? Could do a short term.lease until Gravity comes out
That’s my idea. 18 month lease until gravity is out OR go with a Rivian. 😩 The range on the standard battery on the Rivian is scary low. With an 80% SOC, the expectations are about 200mi which is somewhat silly. The thing gets 2-2.5mi/kwh.

That’s my idea. 18 month lease until gravity is out OR go with a Rivian. 😩 The range on the standard battery on the Rivian is scary low. With an 80% SOC, the expectations are about 200mi which is somewhat silly. The thing gets 2-2.5mi/kwh.
If you want space don't get a rivian!

With Cosmos Silver, you could try Stealth and the Glass Canopy. Here's mine:

Lucid Air Touring.webp

That was one of the biggest complaints I had on the Lucid Air and one of several reasons why I was waiting for a Pure. I think the car generally looks great but I have always thought that the aluminum trim above the doors made it look like an old man's car (and I am an old man).

That was one of the biggest complaints I had on the Lucid Air and one of several reasons why I was waiting for a Pure. I think the car generally looks great but I have always thought that the aluminum trim above the doors made it look like an old man's car (and I am an old man).
But Steve… even I like the platinum roof, and I’m definitely not old! 🤣

As long as everything is one color, it’s all good. Didn’t wanna do the glass roof due to heat issues. 🤗

As long as everything is one color, it’s all good. Didn’t wanna do the glass roof due to heat issues. 🤗
Ah ok! Like xponents said, then you're all good. Although, I really do like the glass canopy! It gets hotter, but I think it's worth the trade off. It's been an impressive feature to anyone I've had ride in or see the car.

My wife currently drives a Tesla Model Y, and we have a Rivian R2 in our sites. I am rethinking and trying to suggest a Gravity five-seater would be a better option. Thoughts?

Maybe that's one of those trends that has come full circle. Maybe I'm just ancient at heart. But I'm not an old man, and I love the platinum trim. I wish it were actually a bit more chromed/shiny, it would just add to the airplane aesthetic.

Maybe that's one of those trends that has come full circle. Maybe I'm just ancient at heart. But I'm not an old man, and I love the platinum trim. I wish it were actually a bit more chromed/shiny, it would just add to the airplane aesthetic.
Fully agreed and the same point that I bought up! Almost every trend does eventually come full circle, so perhaps you are right.

It's $2,500 compared to the $10,000 it used to be so it's probably a no brainer to get it at this point even though nothing has changed with it since your last car

I would opt for the 2025 purely for the things you highlighted

Or go for a Demonstrator GT car. The ones I've seen and been in appear to be well maintained and abuse minimized. Only used car I would consider, but I would definitely check it out in person first.

Loaners on the other hand... I don't know what people do to them, but the last one was heavily abused that we had as a loaner.

OK, time to define an ‘old man’. Be careful, be very very careful. ;)

Back