Shock and Tilt False Alarms

As near as I can tell the BMS is trying to keep the battery in the mid 80 degree range. Like you, my garage is not air conditioned and it is a real problem with the garage getting too hot, even at night. Worse, the hotter your garage gets, the harder the car works to cool the battery making your garage even hotter.
I just checked my garage and it's 96. Car is silent so I must be wrong about the BMS! Earlier comment retracted.

I just checked my garage and it's 96. Car is silent so I must be wrong about the BMS! Earlier comment retracted.
Are you charging? I do not have the fans run when parked in a 95 degree garage. For me it only runs the fans when charging.

What is this tilt and shock alarm again? They are taking my car to Houston tomorrow.

Also never had to wait on CS when calling the 800#. Today already 13 Minutes. How long have people waited in the past. Mine have been under 5minutes the 4 times I called.

Are you charging? I do not have the fans run when parked in a 95 degree garage. For me it only runs the fans when charging.
Oh, nope just sitting there looking cool. I did notice someone vandalized my car today though. Someone poured some glue onto my hoof. I thought it was sap, but I was never parked under a tree. Came off super easy though. Thank you ppf and ceramic.

Oh, nope just sitting there looking cool. I did notice someone vandalized my car today though. Someone poured some glue onto my hoof. I thought it was sap, but I was never parked under a tree. Came off super easy though. Thank you ppf and ceramic.
People are jerks. I hope Lucid implements Sentry mode at some point.

Bastards! I’m having hood PPF redone in a couple days due to some silvering/fingerprints that ended up in it, so I hope if I get vandalized it’s on the hood and in the next two days 🤣

Bastards! I’m having hood PPF redone in a couple days due to some silvering/fingerprints that ended up in it, so I hope if I get vandalized it’s on the hood and in the next two days 🤣
Wow,it is good they are redoing it.

The service advisor from Scottsdale reached out to me today and told me the the bug causing these shock and tilt alarms has been found and that a software fix is on the way. That sounds like good news but it was followed by not in the next update and only maybe in the one after that.
Maybe this means the next update is already nearly finalized 🤞🤞

I took delivery a week ago and also have this issue. First time was a couple of days ago … I had opened app to start cooling down car. Alarm was triggered twice within a 10 min period. Today, it’s happened so many times, I’ve lost count. Car is in driveway charging. Disabled alarm notification for now. Going in for service this week. I’m in Texas and it’s really hot … pushing 100 degrees and interior temp well over 100 inside of car. Also, customer service has been extremely responsive

Sounds like all our friends in hot weather will need to disable the alarm until an OTA with a fix can be pushed.

I took delivery a week ago and also have this issue. First time was a couple of days ago … I had opened app to start cooling down car. Alarm was triggered twice within a 10 min period. Today, it’s happened so many times, I’ve lost count. Car is in driveway charging. Disabled alarm notification for now. Going in for service this week. I’m in Texas and it’s really hot … pushing 100 degrees and interior temp well over 100 inside of car. Also, customer service has been extremely responsive
WoV sorry to hear it. Hope you are in or close to Houston. Service is pretty responsive but will they fix the issues. Mine is on its way to Houston today so we shall see.

🤞 Have not had the alarm issue or that Turtle mode yet 🤞

The Car is fun to drive, I drove it maybe 7 times but never drive it over 90. Don’t need a blowout in this hot weather.

Sounds like all our friends in hot weather will need to disable the alarm until an OTA with a fix can be pushed.
Oh WoV, so we think it happens at or above 100 Degrees while the Car is Charging?

Oh WoV, so we think it happens at or above 100 Degrees while the Car is Charging?
No if you reference some of @Adnillien posts regarding the topic, it seems to be triggered by the AC compressor being in too close proximity to the shock and tilt sensors.

Interesting only shows tire pressure in 3 tires. Anyone have low air issues yet. I am not even sure why it is showing me this on the APP

Attachments

• 1D9C32F8-5254-4391-BEA6-8A1A935A3F12.jpeg
    1D9C32F8-5254-4391-BEA6-8A1A935A3F12.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 71
Interesting only shows tire pressure in 3 tires. Anyone have low air issues yet. I am not even sure why it is showing me this on the APP
If these are cold tire pressures then I think you have them set way too high. I set my 21" wheels at 44 psi cold.

If these are cold tire pressures then I think you have them set way too high. I set my 21" wheels at 44 psi cold.
I have never touched it and it should be cold because this car was on a trailer on its way to Houston.

I have never touched it and it should be cold because this car was on a trailer on its way to Houston.
It won’t reliably display tire pressures until you’re physically driving 20mph or higher. Those numbers on a car on a trailer are meaningless. I’m surprised it showed anything at all.

No if you reference some of @Adnillien posts regarding the topic, it seems to be triggered by the AC compressor being in too close proximity to the shock and tilt sensors.
Anything that runs the compressor can set it off like setting the remote climate, charging, waking the car up, etc. The service center is unlikely going to be able to resolve this until a software fix is released. The issue is more involved than just adjusting the sensitivity. It has to do with what modules are active and inactive and what motion is expected in those states.

Shock and Tilt alarm is continuously happening when charging on hot days, or running the remote climate control...on hot days. It will alarm about 6 minutes after staring remote climate control. We're at 103 degrees F in Texas. I've contacted Lucid support twice on this. The suggestion was to disable Shock and Tilt while running remote climate control as a workaround. In the meantime, a Lucid tech is scheduled for a house call. <sigh>

Back