Setup Actions / Delivery Checklist

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
I've posted earlier that my Dream P is now fully completed ("Fit and Finish" done) and will be shipping per my HA in "the coming days". Like others on this forum I have been waiting excitedly for my delivery, but also becoming anxious regarding the various problems others have been experiencing. I will be taking delivery at the MillBrae Center and I've started compiling a list of setup actions/concerns which I'm posting below. Please let me know any other things I should consider at delivery. Here is my current listing:

Lucid Air Delivery Checklist
How-to
  • Set up garage opener / Homelink
  • Set up Alexa voice command
  • Navigation Set Up - Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
  • Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
  • Mobile Key setup on Lucid App
    • Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (iPhone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
    • What does Valet need -Key fob or Key card?
  • Facial Recognition Profile Setup
  • Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
  • Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading because some cars are in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module
  • Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with EA (EA Account Setup)
  • Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App
  • Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)
Quality check
  • Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
  • Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
  • Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
  • Check Air Vents Adjustability
  • Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
  • Check panel/door gaps
  • Trunk rubber gaskets
  • Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
  • Rear door seals
  • Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and from inside the car
  • Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
  • Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
  • Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
  • Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
  • Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
  • Window shades operation fully functional
  • License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
  • Quality of Glass and Carpets? Scratches on paint or glass?
  • How to Remove and Replace Aero Covers on Wheels? (Dream Edition only)
Walk (drive) through
  • Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center – Use Alexa And Navigation To Find Nearby EA Charging Station and “Top Off” – Any unusual fan squeal noise?
  • Order bike rack / V2Hh Home Charger Unit?
  • Apple CarPlay status?
  • Spare badge in case of wrapping

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok after reading a comment just posted, another question is "Is there a way to control the amount of time before the car goes to "sleep"?

I've posted earlier that my Dream P is now fully completed ("Fit and Finish" done) and will be shipping per my HA in "the coming days". Like others on this forum I have been waiting excitedly for my delivery, but also becoming anxious regarding the various problems others have been experiencing. I will be taking delivery at the MillBrae Center and I've started compiling a list of setup actions/concerns which I'm posting below. Please let me know any other things I should consider at delivery. Here is my current listing:

Lucid Dream Setup Upon Pick Up
Homelink instructions for setting up and how to setup “geofencing”

Turn off “Park Comfort Braking”

Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D

Trunk rubber gasket

Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom

Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (Iphone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)

Window shades operation fully functional

Navigation Setup

Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets

License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness

Leaving Car with Shop for PPF and Ceramic Coating – What do they need -Key fob or Key card

Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App

Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key

Mobile Key setup on Lucid App

Facial Recognition Profile Setup

Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)

Remove Santa Monica floor mats and replace with temporary Motor Trend rubber mats purchased after recommendation by hydbob

When will Apple CarPlay be available?
Park comfort brake no longer exists. They just flat out removed it

Lower nav screen setting resets everytime you use it (or at least it does for me)

Key fob or card are fine. Both worked for my shop.

What are the motor trend mats?

A while back hydbob recommended these inexpensive "Motor Trend" car Mats that can be purchased on Amazon for around $39 as I recall. I went ahead and bought them and they are sitting in my garage waiting for the car. He said only minor trimming required. Once WeatherTech stocks the proper mats I will most likely buy them unless Lucid comes out with a better set. The Motor Trend mats are just temporary.

Thanks, great list.

I'm personally going disable any active driver-assist intervention, at least for the next few months. I'm fine with beeps and other warnings, but not with a car with this level of software taking over; it seems to me the odds of it doing something wrong are higher than the odds of it making it safer. Current owners, maybe you can comment on this -- seems like most of you are using it anyway?

I'm also planning to make sure streaming services are set up with both profiles (Spotify and Tidal).

Other questions that forum members may know the answers to:
  • Did they ever fix the issues with HomeLink and profiles (you need to set up HomeLink on every profile, and there's a max of 3 across all profiles)?
  • What's the best way to listen to channels like the BBC, given the lack of satellite radio? SiriusXM app with Bluetooth? Does one of the built-in services provide this kind of thing?

Thanks, great list.

I'm personally going disable any active driver-assist intervention, at least for the next few months. I'm fine with beeps and other warnings, but not with a car with this level of software taking over; it seems to me the odds of it doing something wrong are higher than the odds of it making it safer. Current owners, maybe you can comment on this -- seems like most of you are using it anyway?

I'm also planning to make sure streaming services are set up with both profiles (Spotify and Tidal).

Other questions that forum members may know the answers to:
  • Did they ever fix the issues with HomeLink and profiles (you need to set up HomeLink on every profile, and there's a max of 3 across all profiles)?
  • What's the best way to listen to channels like the BBC, given the lack of satellite radio? SiriusXM app with Bluetooth? Does one of the built-in services provide this kind of thing?
They never fixed that homelink issue because it's an embedded security thing with Android Automotive.

Geofencing is automatic when you setup your homelink at the location for it.

I had a call with Lucid the other day asking for feedback. I emphatically told them that at every single delivery it is imperative that the customer take a drive with a Lucid rep to get accustomed to the car with someone who is knowledgeable.

Definitely ask and push for that prior to taking it home.

Also, check the frunk function. Open and close it multiple times and see if the action looks smooth. Do it from both inside the car and using the fob.

They never fixed that homelink issue because it's an embedded security thing with Android Automotive.

Geofencing is automatic when you setup your homelink at the location for it.

I had a call with Lucid the other day asking for feedback. I emphatically told them that at every single delivery it is imperative that the customer take a drive with a Lucid rep to get accustomed to the car with someone who is knowledgeable.

Definitely ask and push for that prior to taking it home.

Also, check the frunk function. Open and close it multiple times and see if the action looks smooth. Do it from both inside the car and using the fob.
Okay all very good additions. They will be added to my list when I return from outing with my grandson later today.

This could be a good sticky thread for new deliveries.
That’s a good idea, with all of us in the first 4 batches waiting for our GTs being delivered within the next 4-8 weeks.

A while back hydbob recommended these inexpensive "Motor Trend" car Mats that can be purchased on Amazon for around $39 as I recall. I went ahead and bought them and they are sitting in my garage waiting for the car. He said only minor trimming required. Once WeatherTech stocks the proper mats I will most likely buy them unless Lucid comes out with a better set. The Motor Trend mats are just temporary.
Ha ha, me too. Wife has been complaining and asking why we own stupid gray floor mats for a car we don’t even have yet. Of course, my DE is set to be delivered in the middle of a snowstorm on Wednesday so the mats will be important.

No snow here but I hate seeing car mats that look dirty or worn out. I've always installed the WeatherTech mats in my last few cars and been very happy with them. Then when I sold the cars I put the still brand new original carpet mats back in the car.

No snow here but I hate seeing car mats that look dirty or worn out. I've always installed the WeatherTech mats in my last few cars and been very happy with them. Then when I sold the cars I put the still brand new original carpet mats back in the car.
Lol, I never even though to take out my original mats and just threw the MotorTrend ones on top. Maybe I should do that...

Updating my list to incorporate some of the recommendations received thus far:

Instructions for Setting Up Homelink

Trunk rubber gasket

Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and also from inside the car.

Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (Iphone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)

Navigation Setup

Leaving Car with Shop for PPF and Ceramic Coating – What do they need -Key fob or Key card and Pros and Cons of each

Remove Santa Monica floor mats and replace with temporary Motor Trend rubber mats (Model 923)

Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center

Lol, I never even though to take out my original mats and just threw the MotorTrend ones on top. Maybe I should do that...
Yeah with the Weather Tech mats it just didn't make sense to put them on top of the original mats and I store the originals in a sealed plastic bag. Then when I put them back in for the resale there is still some "new car" smell the comes back.

Yeah with the Weather Tech mats it just didn't make sense to put them on top of the original mats and I store the originals in a sealed plastic bag. Then when I put them back in for the resale there is still some "new car" smell the comes back.
Well if Lucid includes the same goodies then the have an air freshener and candle that you can include

Updating my list to incorporate some of the recommendations received thus far:

Instructions for Setting Up Homelink

Trunk rubber gasket

Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and also from inside the car.

Navigation Setup

Leaving Car with Shop for PPF and Ceramic Coating – What do they need -Key fob or Key card and Pros and Cons of each

Remove Santa Monica floor mats and replace with temporary Motor Trend rubber mats (Model 923)

Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center
The only item I might suggest is, since you are doing PPF, asking them if the installers should cutout holes for the sensors. Seems like this was never fully resolved.

The only item I might suggest is, since you are doing PPF, asking them if the installers should cutout holes for the sensors. Seems like this was never fully resolved.
Well I did speak with the Tech Leads at Millbrae a few weeks back and they did advise to have holes cut for the sensors. There are a number of owners here who have had PPF installed and I believe most have had the holes cut.

Well I did speak with the Tech Leads at Millbrae a few weeks back and they did advise to have holes cut for the sensors. There are a number of owners here who have had PPF installed and I believe most have had the holes cut.
Yep definitely cut the holes

Add the recall to your list of things to check for

Back