Scottsdale Studio Test Drive

Adnillien

Referral Code K9WIJHB0
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Referral Code
K9WIJHB0
I took a test drive in a GT at the Scottsdale studio on Monday. I had the opportunity to both drive and ride in the back seat while my wife drove. The test drive route was lame, no hills and few fast roads. It also avoided any areas of rough asphalt so I could not get a good feeling for the interior noise that some reviewers have reported in the rear seat.

I am 6' and had plenty of headroom in back, didn't even hit my head on the large roof rails getting in our out. The glass canopy was excellent, much better than sitting in the car in the studio. In the studio, I wondered if it was really a benefit but once outside I was impressed. Backseat legroom was great, my knees did not feel jacked up even with the larger battery of the GT. I have never owned a car with this much backseat leg room. Backseat sound level was very quiet, I had zero difficulty hearing my wife and the sales advisor talking about the car's controls.

Although the test drive route was boring, I was allowed/encouraged to try Swift and Sprint modes. The car was excellent on a fast corner with heavy acceleration in Sprint mode getting onto the freeway, 80 MPH before I knew it. My wife said that the corner would have thrown her across the backseat if she was not wearing a seat belt. I did a couple of quick accelerations from 50 to 80 while on the freeway. Overall, I was very impressed. Handling at both low and high speed was excellent.

A few years ago I wanted to buy a Model S so my wife and I test drove one for a little over an hour. Her comment was that I could buy the Model S but that she would not ride in it. I did not buy it. My wife's complaints with the Model S were the interior comfort and ergonomics. She found it very uncomfortable. her comments on the Lucid were completely opposite. The only problem with the Lucid may be that she will want to drive instead of letting me drive. That in my mind makes the Lucid well worth the wait.

I only have one negative comment. I was disappointed that I learned of Scottsdale test drives on this forum since my HQ sales advisor told me that I would be invited for a test drive as soon as they were available. Scottsdale has been doing test drives for 3 weeks and not a word from my sales advisor.

I see the Manhasset, L.I. Studio location, originally promised for 4th quarter of this year, and then moved to quarter one 2022, is now moved to 2nd quarter 2022. It appears NY is not a big priority.

San Diego was advertised as “Fall 2021” (Q3) but got pushed to as late in Q4 as one could get.

The Newport Beach center opening has now been pushed to January due to permit delays. I’m wondering if that’s happening to the other studios.

The Newport Beach center opening has now been pushed to January due to permit delays. I’m wondering if that’s happening to the other studios.
I thought it was already open, but when I was at the SD studio over the weekend, they said it wasnt

I thought it was already open, but when I was at the SD studio over the weekend, they said it wasnt
It was supposed to open before Xmas, but the permits created the delays. Do you know if the SD studio is allowing test drives?

Not yet. Will be a month or two they say. That is how I knew about OC Not being open. I had asked if test drives were happening there.

You guys will have 10 studios and several Service Centers in California before we’ll have one Studio on L.I. I will assume the same priority will be given to dedicated Service Centers in the tri-state area. Not a good sign for those in the NE.

Back