Scheduling of EV Charging

BS8899

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I am a new Lucid owner (Lucid Aur Grand Touring). I see the Lucid can be charged at home using a Level 2 charger or directly connect a 240V (or 120V) to the Wunderbox. That's all great!
My question is, how do you SCHEDULE charging vis-a-vis, if I plug my Lucid in at 6PM but I want the charging to start at 9PM where the TOU rates cut in, how do you do that? It seems like the Wunderbox has no scheduling capability (and no abiliy to set the current limit). I can do scheduling via the Level 2 charger (I have a JuiceBox). If I use the JuiceBox, it can schedule, but meanwhile, the Lucid goes to sleep and when the JuiceBox is ready to charge at 9PM, the Lucid is fast asleep!. Is there a way around it?

Also, it seems to me the Wunderbox should have a clock/scheduler. I have a HondaClarity (PHEV) and its has an internal scheduler. that allows you to set

I am a new Lucid owner (Lucid Aur Grand Touring). I see the Lucid can be charged at home using a Level 2 charger or directly connect a 240V (or 120V) to the Wunderbox. That's all great!
My question is, how do you SCHEDULE charging vis-a-vis, if I plug my Lucid in at 6PM but I want the charging to start at 9PM where the TOU rates cut in, how do you do that? It seems like the Wunderbox has no scheduling capability (and no abiliy to set the current limit). I can do scheduling via the Level 2 charger (I have a JuiceBox). If I use the JuiceBox, it can schedule, but meanwhile, the Lucid goes to sleep and when the JuiceBox is ready to charge at 9PM, the Lucid is fast asleep!. Is there a way around it?

Also, it seems to me the Wunderbox should have a clock/scheduler. I have a HondaClarity (PHEV) and its has an internal scheduler. that allows you to set
It’s a known bug with non-lucid chargers at the moment, it started happening with the 2.x software updates, it used to work but they are working on a fix for it. It is also a missing feature currently to schedule it through the car, coming soon though.

:rolleyes:

The only way to get around it is for you to set your alarm for the time you want to begin charging, wake up, then wake up the car so it will start. Yup. This needs to get fixed. I have had to do that a couple of times at midnight.

I plug in my charge point which is set for a 9pm start. The lucid throws an error and says to unplug and replug. I ignore it and at 9pm the charge point turns on on schedule and the the lucid accepts the charge from the charge point

I plug in my charge point which is set for a 9pm start. The lucid throws an error and says to unplug and replug. I ignore it and at 9pm the charge point turns on on schedule and the the lucid accepts the charge from the charge point
That’s interesting, I think I’ll try ignoring it tonight and wil see what happens.

Lucid needs to fix this issue of scheduling cahrging via the app ASAP. It is alarming that Lucid is not aware of their user's reliance of scheduling charging. As others have pointed out, aside from Lucid not supporting scheduled charging on its own app, if one uses an external L2 charger with a scheduler (as I do), the Lucid would be fast asleep by the time the scheduler (on the external L2) kicks in. The end result is the Lucid won't charge (because it was asleep) or generate "Charging Error" messages, or both.

When I spoke with the Lucid service rep yesterday, she said they might get to it "next year"!!!! I told her that's totally unacceptable. This issue needs urgent attention and an urgent OTA fix!

don't know about Juicebox unit by Cahrgepoint Flex App allows scheduling

:rolleyes:

The only way to get around it is for you to set your alarm for the time you want to begin charging, wake up, then wake up the car so it will start. Yup. This needs to get fixed. I have had to do that a couple of times at midnight.
Create an automation on your iPhone to launch the Lucid app at the desired time.

Lucid needs to fix this issue of scheduling cahrging via the app ASAP. It is alarming that Lucid is not aware of their user's reliance of scheduling charging. As others have pointed out, aside from Lucid not supporting scheduled charging on its own app, if one uses an external L2 charger with a scheduler (as I do), the Lucid would be fast asleep by the time the scheduler (on the external L2) kicks in. The end result is the Lucid won't charge (because it was asleep) or generate "Charging Error" messages, or both.

When I spoke with the Lucid service rep yesterday, she said they might get to it "next year"!!!! I told her that's totally unacceptable. This issue needs urgent attention and an urgent OTA fix!
I imagine the Lucid service rep likely misunderstood you; the Lucid first-party scheduled charging (where you can schedule it in the app) is likely next year. The “allow an EVSE to schedule charging” is a bug and regression from previous firmware, so most likely will get fixed much faster.

Create an automation on your iPhone to launch the Lucid app at the desired time.
I like this idea until Lucid fixes the problem. I set up an automation to turn off the climate control at 12:01am. I'm hoping this will wake up the car and allow it to charge.

I like this idea until Lucid fixes the problem. I set up an automation to turn off the climate control at 12:01am. I'm hoping this will wake up the car and allow it to charge.
Why not just set up an automation to launch the app itself? No further action necessary.

Use Shortcuts App
Choose Automation
Tap +
Tap Create Personal Automation
Tap time of day, choose the time
Tap Next
Tap Open an App
Choose Lucid
Tap Stop the Shortcut to add it
Tap Next
Turn off “ask before running”
Tap Done

Use Shortcuts App
Choose Automation
Tap +
Tap Next
Tap Open an App
Choose Lucid
Tap Next
Tap Done
It’s amazing how I learn new things every day:) Thanks for this!

Use Shortcuts App
Choose Automation
Tap +
Tap Next
Tap Open an App
Choose Lucid
Tap Next
Tap Done

Are you saying that the Lucid app will start charging the car just by virtue of the automation opening it?

Are you saying that the Lucid app will start charging the car just by virtue of the automation opening it?
No. But as @windscar911 has noted, a scheduled charging via the charger itself won’t start if the car is asleep. Therefore, create a shortcut to wake up your car and then start a scheduled charging session thereafter. If no scheduled charging session begins, the car will go back to sleep.

No. But as @windscar911 has noted, a scheduled charging via the charger itself won’t start if the car is asleep. Therefore, create a shortcut to wake up your car and then start a scheduled charging session thereafter. If no scheduled charging session begins, the car will go back to sleep.

Ah!!! Got it. Thanks, @Bobby. As an aside, I’m wondering if scheduling a charge time on my Tesla app will allow it to start charging the Lucid via the TeslaTap adaptor. I’m going to to try this when I get home.

Ah!!! Got it. Thanks, @Bobby. As an aside, I’m wondering if scheduling a charge time on my Tesla app will allow it to start charging the Lucid via the TeslaTap adaptor. I’m going to to try this when I get home.
Yes it should work so long as the Lucid is awake.

Use Shortcuts App
Choose Automation
Tap +
We need a new Sticky Topic: Ask Bobby Anything. He's they guy with the profile swap solution, the phone holder adapter, you name it, he's got it! Vote for Bobby in 2024!

Back