Scary! But I finally tried it! AUTO-PARK!

Just did this one! It was close in the front on the first hook in to the spot but it made it.
CFAE0BD0-4F2A-4EB8-9ACC-D744B5E5F8A4.jpeg

My last vehicle, a 2018 BMW 530e, had a parking feature. Five years later I traded it in for my 2023 GV60 Performance which has it as well. I have never used it and don't anticipate using it. I am too much of a control freak to let the car do it itself. The one exception is that if some ahole parks so close to my driver door that I can't get in I would use the remote parking feature to pull it out of the space.

I tried it today and it did very poorly. It was over the line on the right side and did not pull in the space far enough, so the nose was hanging out of the space...keep working on it Lucid...

I tried it today and it did very poorly. It was over the line on the right side and did not pull in the space far enough, so the nose was hanging out of the space...keep working on it Lucid...
Not going back far enough is normal. That is definitely something to work on for Lucid.

Where was the vehicle you parked next to positioned in the lane?

I’d be willing to bet it was over the line or really close to the line on the left side.

This is what I’ve found when auto parking
E9B81241-5433-4CD7-B757-9F730D57FEE4.jpeg

There were no other cars, but a curb on the left and a line on the right. It had close to two feet on the left and was over the line on the right.

Here’s an auto park post CarPlay and they changed the icons and how the spot shows during autopark.

It also parked differently.

There were no other cars, but a curb on the left and a line on the right. It had close to two feet on the left and was over the line on the right.
It is always going to give you two feet for doors to open. So it makes sense you were over the line. AutoPark can’t tell if it is a curb or car so it gives the same space for both of them. I think AutoPark keys on the inside of the turn obstacle when gauging where it should position itself.

The last one was another video. This one is the new autopark. It shows car shadows in the spots.
I didn’t expect Lucid even bother to improve in Auto Park UI l, now with added distance fence and car orientation graphic. I should try again soon. It’s like playing video game.

How does it do with centering? Does it give both sides equal space to exit the car? I can only really see myself using this for tight spaces in both instances of parallel or reverse parking.

I tried it several times months ago, the car went close and FAST. I chickened out every time.
Tried it last week, seems to attempt at much lower speed (I did not have to brake).
The auto park did a great job.

Here's my GV-60 (slowly) parking itself. You can do it remotely, too!

I just can't do it. But the one variant I will likely use sometime is when an idiot parks so close to me that I can't get into the driver's seat. In that case I plan to use the self parking feature to back the car out of the space so I can get into it. Otherwise, too much of a control freak.

I tried it again a couple of days ago and it nailed it every time. There must have been several incognito enhancements because it is night and day better from the last time I tried it. It’s actually very good.

Just did this one! It was close in the front on the first hook in to the spot but it made it.View attachment 10822

I tried the auto park once several months ago, and it went so quickly and so close that I chickened out and have never tried it again. I'll keep listening for folks who say they don't panic over its performance a while longer before making another attempt.

P.S. Your picture above is a hoot. It really makes a pretty big/long car look like a toy.

Here's my GV-60 (slowly) parking itself. You can do it remotely, too!

This is why I do auto park as much as possible. I want the unpark from a bad spot because of poor drivers parking. Plus I’d unpark it as I walk to it at work just to do it!

Auto unpark does not work in Lucid after an autopark. The Air wants to back up in auto unpark. I want them to fix it to be able to pull straight out.

Lastly, autopark does not work with parking spot lines. That would be a great feature to update too. Right now another vehicle is required to autopark.

Back