Scary! But I finally tried it! AUTO-PARK!

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
I just tried auto park first time after 3 months+ of ownership. I was never comfortable letting software take over the wheel, so today after 1.2.75 OTA update, I decide to take leap of faith. All I can say is WOW! It parked at a bit higher speed than I normally would park backward, and then it adjusted itself with bunch of da-da-da-da radar sound in the background. It was a bit scary, I was ready to take over wheel and brake any time. TBH, I think this feature is more useful than Summon feature of Tesla.

I routinely use the auto park feature. In my experience, as long as you set the car up for success, it parks pretty much perfectly both parallel and perpendicular every time. Where the feature becomes less useful is when the parking lot is very busy with a lot of other moving cars or people because the sequence will almost always be interrupted and then it’s not as reliable resuming.

I’ve used it several times, only failed once. I’ve found it fails when the screen shows the parking space to be perpendicular when it’s actually parallel. If it shows the spot correctly then it works well.

My 2017 Navigator has auto park. I tried it once. but it started moving so fast that I panicked and hit the brakes so haven't used it since. Maybe I will try again with the Lucid, some day. ;-)

on my first day of owning the car, i was moving through slow traffic on a highway and it kept suggesting auto parking 😆. i turned off park assist after that (mostly because i need to park real close to my garage wall and it kept making alarm noises).

on my first day of owning the car, i was moving through slow traffic on a highway and it kept suggesting auto parking 😆. i turned off park assist after that (mostly because i need to park real close to my garage wall and it kept making alarm noises).
Did you have the 360 camera on while driving through slow traffic? I thought it would only suggest a parking space if you had the camera open.

It will look for spots and the red dot will appear when it finds one, but you do have to at least push into that submenu to ensure it's what you want.

Did you have the 360 camera on while driving through slow traffic? I thought it would only suggest a parking space if you had the camera open.
i might have left it on that menu. i don't recall now. i do remember it opening up the pilot screen (it was stowed away but it automatically opened when i slowed down).

i might have left it on that menu. i don't recall now. i do remember it opening up the pilot screen (it was stowed away but it automatically opened when i slowed down).
It will automatically come up if you are below 15 and get too close to something.

I need a video :)

Found this online.

To film this for documentation is tricky, need multiple cameras of different perspectives .

I think Tesla required 2 cars presence with cameras approximate space to enter and have to purchase FSD option to use this feature and Lucid is more fluid without needing to squeeze in between as prerequisite. But I’m going to try again as I gain more confidence.

Found this online.

To film this for documentation is tricky, need multiple cameras of different perspectives .

I think Tesla required 2 cars presence with cameras approximate space to enter and have to purchase FSD option to use this feature and Lucid is more fluid without needing to squeeze in between as prerequisite. But I’m going to try again as I gain more confidence.
yea, saw that one, I want something fresh. Hire a camera crew for me? :p

Found this online.

Thanks @Bill55 for this video!

Video is a nice illustration but I could parallel in that big a spot blindfolded.

My 2017 Lincoln also had the self park feature but with the Black Label wheels I was very worried it would curb rash itself in tight spots. Ill need to see if I feel any better in the Lucid!

It worked well I thought and noticeably quicker than my Tesla which was a pleasant surprise. I hate how slow most of these are, other drivers look at you like you're incapable...

I’m not too sure about the Auto Park in Lucid. I tried to do parallel parking while visiting Savannah and it scratched both of my wheels with the curb on the right side (it was an old curb like everything in Savannah). I also tried in a lot that is mostly empty behind my office and it did park good one time. I noticed it’s hard for the Auto Park if it’s parallel or straight parking. Maybe have to play with it a little more. My BMW 750 was more accurate.

I’m not too sure about the Auto Park in Lucid. I tried to do parallel parking while visiting Savannah and it scratched both of my wheels with the curb on the right side (it was an old curb like everything in Savannah). I also tried in a lot that is mostly empty behind my office and it did park good one time. I noticed it’s hard for the Auto Park if it’s parallel or straight parking. Maybe have to play with it a little more. My BMW 750 was more accurate.
Yikes, it didn’t stop before making impact and scratched your wheels? That sucks sorry to hear.

Back