Sapphire Reveal

Psymac

I assume this will be the tri-motor very fast AGT, let's hope blue color option is available for the Touring and Pure.

I'm surprised its only 1200Hp given the dual motor Dream was 1111Hp. They really needed a whole other motor for an extra 89Hp???

I'm surprised its only 1200Hp given the dual motor Dream was 1111Hp. They really needed a whole other motor for an extra 89Hp???
That number is a sandbag, I image something else plus the torque info will be noted closer to deliveries

So how many of you enthusiasts are selling their DE’s and going for the Sapphire….its only 100K more. Chump change for a few pf you if not ALL OF YOU.

I thought the idea was for the third motor to be used for torque vectoring and therefore better handling?

I'd love to know the Saphire color code so we can get it wrapped in that look, which I do find appealing...plus get access to a way to buy the wheels. Spend $10k and save $90k for essentially same car. No need for that HP.

DE owners can sell their car for $220K no longer?

I think the power limits are more a function of the battery pack's limits than the motors' limits. I agree with idiot900 that the big news is in the rear torque vectoring, per Rawlinson's comments:

"Torque vectoring extends the car’s capabilities far beyond what’s achievable with a passive all-wheel-drive system. The twin rear-drive unit can effectively pivot the rear of the vehicle, providing torque to the rear wheels in opposite directions to promote either turn-in or straight-line stability — similar to a brake-based setup and a rear-wheel steering system, but faster, quieter, and more seamless. In tight corners, the system is able to apply regenerative braking on the inside wheel while powering the outside, greatly enhancing vehicle turn-in rotation and with much quicker response times than rear-wheel steering systems."

So how many of you enthusiasts are selling their DE’s and going for the Sapphire….its only 100K more. Chump change for a few pf you if not ALL OF YOU.

Not I, said the spider. I was assuming I would until I got a look at it and found it too "boy-racer-in-your-face" for my tastes.

However, all is not lost. There are going to be Sapphire variants for other Air models that will probably offer a wider color palette and less extreme looks. Per the Lucid website:

"Additional Sapphire models will be available for all Lucid models moving forward, continuing to set new standards for how luxury performance can look and feel."

Now a Zenith Red Sapphire with Santa Monica interior, carbon fiber brake discs, slightly beefier tires, and more restrained body work would hit the spot nicely.

I assume this will be the tri-motor very fast AGT, let's hope blue color option is available for the Touring and Pure.
They haven't harmonized the silver yet. So the Sapphire will be ready mid year 2023 but the paint won't be ready until 2024.

I'd love to know the Saphire color code so we can get it wrapped in that look, which I do find appealing...plus get access to a way to buy the wheels. Spend $10k and save $90k for essentially same car. No need for that HP.
Yup. My 800 hp is more than enough.

Not I, said the spider. I was assuming I would until I got a look at it and found it too "boy-racer-in-your-face" for my tastes.

However, all is not lost. There are going to be Sapphire variants for other Air models that will probably offer a wider color palette and less extreme looks. Per the Lucid website:

"Additional Sapphire models will be available for all Lucid models moving forward, continuing to set new standards for how luxury performance can look and feel."

Now a Zenith Red Sapphire with Santa Monica interior, carbon fiber brake discs, slightly beefier tires, and more restrained body work would hit the spot nicely.
Looking forward to the Sapphire Gravity.

That would be my choice, hands down, but I seriously doubt they'll make it available to us. To get the Sapphire price my guess is they'll make some colors exclusive to that trim...luv to be be wrong---killer with Tahoe

Not worth it.

If you were one of those lucky individuals who managed to sell your DE for 220k then the sapphire might be very attractive (effectively costing only around 200k after the 40k profit you made from your DE).

Question for the car people, is it reasonable to get a 24% improvement in 0-60 time with the addition of just 89 hp (about a 7-8% increase)? Or does the extra ‘straight line stability’ given by the third motor allow for what seems like a huge 0-60 improvement? Trying to figure out what the actual hp is 🤔

If you were one of those lucky individuals who managed to sell your DE for 220k then the sapphire might be very attractive (effectively costing only around 200k after the 40k profit you made from your DE).

Question for the car people, is it reasonable to get a 24% improvement in 0-60 time with the addition of just 89 hp (about a 7-8% increase)? Or does the extra ‘straight line stability’ given by the third motor allow for what seems like a huge 0-60 improvement? Trying to figure out what the actual hp is 🤔
I think A LOT of increasing the 0-60 times (decreasing?) Is the fact that the rear tires are now 295 vs 265 or does that not help with getting power down? Physics you fail me!

Back