• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sapphire Reveal

It just would make more sense to give the Touring an option of massaging seats rather than give the GT an option of downgrading their battery's capacity, power, range, and charge speed

There are several other things that come standard on the GT but are only available as options on the Touring: Glass Canopy ($4500), Dream Drive Pro ($10,000), Surreal Sound ($4,000), 21" wheels ($2,000), and $1000 extra for three exterior colors (Cosmos Silver, Quantum Grey, Zenith Red).

If you wanted the above things on a Touring and then upped the base price of the Touring to cover massaging seats, you're at the same price as a GT. So it's six of one and a half dozen of the other price-wise. And for the same price, some customers might prefer the idea of having a Grand Touring label on the car.

Of course, it has been since it was announced. The key thing with the Sapphire is it's a really nice car to be in, the Plaid is fast but with a crappy interior.
In regards to range, prospective customers will be comparing the Sapphire to Plaid, not to other hypercars is what I meant as a response to your previous post.

There are several other things that come standard on the GT but are only available as options on the Touring: Glass Canopy ($4500), Dream Drive Pro ($10,000), Surreal Sound ($4,000), 21" wheels ($2,000), and $1000 extra for three exterior colors (Cosmos Silver, Quantum Grey, Zenith Red).

If you wanted the above things on a Touring and then upped the base price of the Touring to cover massaging seats, you're at the same price as a GT. So it's six of one and a half dozen of the other price-wise. And for the same price, some customers might prefer the idea of having a Grand Touring label on the car.
Unless the massage seats are 18k, the Touring would still be cheaper.

I think the rest of price difference are in battery pack, HP and massage seats.

The GT costs $154,000 -- $28,100 more than the base Touring. Using the options available to bring a Touring up as close to the GT trim level as possible would cost $20,500 (or $21,500 if you wanted a red, silver, or gray car). That leaves a difference of $6600-7600.

As Tesla2.0 pointed out, that gets you not only massage seats but the bigger battery pack with more range and horsepower.

The GT costs $154,000 -- $28,100 more than the base Touring. Using the options available to bring a Touring up as close to the GT trim level as possible would cost $20,500 (or $21,500 if you wanted a red, silver, or gray car). That leaves a difference of $6600-7600.

As Tesla2.0 pointed out, that gets you not only massage seats but the bigger battery pack with more range and horsepower.
I’m on the old pricing, and there’s an 18k difference between the Touring options I want and the GT.

Regardless, it’s not the “same price” as a GT, even with the new pricing. I know you get the extra battery and HP, but that’s of little interest to me.

Touring customers have very specific desires. That’s what makes Touring so attractive to us. We can pick and choose almost the exact options we want to pay for.

Touring customers have very specific desires. That’s what makes Touring so attractive to us. We can pick and choose almost the exact options we want to pay for.

That's true. I had first brought up the price analysis in response to someone saying that it would have been better for Lucid just to have given a massage seat option on the Touring instead of a smaller battery option on the Grand Touring.

Back