Sapphire first road trip

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
335 miles into road trip. Second EA charger. First location chargers limited to 75kW. At Mercedes plant welcome center, outside Tuscaloosa high was 292kW.
Without the aero wheel covers getting 2.6 miles kWh.
Comfort level no different that the DE.

Attachments

• IMG_2240.mov
    17.5 MB
2.6...oof!

What was your average speed to accomplish 2.6? I am guessing 80+mph.

2.6...oof!
Trip A is lifetime lmao.

I have no idea why you’d get this great of a car and drive it like a grandma

Efficiency only matters if and when I’m on a road trip, and then I get good efficiency. Daily tho? Catch me if you can. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
Trip A is lifetime lmao.

Efficiency only matters if and when I’m on a road trip, and then I get good efficiency. Daily tho? Catch me if you can. :)
Yea, he said he was on a road trip!

Trip A is lifetime lmao.

I don't even know how you have 2.2, did you move to germany and go at 168 mph for some time? Seems almost impossible lol

I don't even know how you have 2.2, did you move to germany and go at 168 mph for some time? Seems almost impossible lol
This is easily achievable for Since Last Charge by simply not driving the car for extended period of time.

Trip A is lifetime lmao.

1700091765137.jpeg

I wouldnt think so, comsidering all those motors are still being driven the same amount.
that's one way to look at it, but another perspective would be "amount of energy/torque" from the motor onto each wheel. a gt's motor puts x torque/work/energy to turn both wheels to provide y speed/acceleration. under same conditions, a sapphire would only require to put "half" that amount from each motor onto each wheel.

and since the car is no longer rear limited, does that mean the front motor is working less? if so, does it mean it'll take more time for the front motors to also break in? obviously, this greatly simplifies the issues at hand, but just something i thought about, since for gt's, a lot of owners talk about a certain mileage break in point before they see their miles/kwh improve.

No cruise control, brisk acceleration when traffic clears, ~80

2.6 is about what I expected.

That gets me a solid 300 miles. Will try the aero covers at some point to see how much is gained.

Hit 313 kW at an EA station in Monroe, LA.

Interstate 20 is not the wasteland of charging it once was. Still gaps in EA. I stopped at a BMW dealership that had ABB charger on EV Connect. 163kW.

Charging to 100% on a Tesla destination charger at hotel Should get me to Frisco, Tx.

Attachments

• IMG_2243.mov
    17.2 MB
~80. Staying on upper end of traffic flow without being fastest car on the road.
Exactly my principle - as long as there’s one or two folk going faster than me, I figure I’m unlikely to be the one who gets pulled over 🤞

335 miles into road trip. Second EA charger. First location chargers limited to 75kW. At Mercedes plant welcome center, outside Tuscaloosa high was 292kW.
Without the aero wheel covers getting 2.6 miles kWh.
Comfort level no different that the DE.
Bill,

did you sell your Dream Edition or do you have both now?

Back