San Diego Touring - with reservation and reservations

SCOOTERSD

Verified Owner
Cars
Tesla S and 3
Hi Everyone! I’ve had a touring reservation since the end of March and have been following this forum closely. I have 2 Teslas so I’m well familiar with EVs and OTA updates. When I first started reading I wasn’t too concerned with the S/W issues as I remember the frequent issues and fixes on my S as it received the first auto-driving capabilities back in 2015. I was heartened by hearing about the frequent Lucid updates that were addressing the various issues and problems. I’ve since become much more concerned as many of the problems persist and the frequency of the updates seem to have slowed to a crawl (at best). All of this has got me wondering whether I will actually continue with the purchase when the time comes to commit. For sure if the minor or everyday issues (Homelink, AirPlay, etc) are still unresolved and the upgrades to at least level 2 autonomy are not making progress, I’ll have trouble writing a $100K check……. Any comments or advice?

You have the same decision to make that all of us have to that have not received a VIN yet. Until you are actually asked to “confirm” you can still get your deposit back so no reason to back out until that point.

I use little if any of the bells and whistles in my higher end cars but am still concerned so little head way is being made in software common to many other lower priced cars.

Hi Everyone! I’ve had a touring reservation since the end of March and have been following this forum closely. I have 2 Teslas so I’m well familiar with EVs and OTA updates. When I first started reading I wasn’t too concerned with the S/W issues as I remember the frequent issues and fixes on my S as it received the first auto-driving capabilities back in 2015. I was heartened by hearing about the frequent Lucid updates that were addressing the various issues and problems. I’ve since become much more concerned as many of the problems persist and the frequency of the updates seem to have slowed to a crawl (at best). All of this has got me wondering whether I will actually continue with the purchase when the time comes to commit. For sure if the minor or everyday issues (Homelink, AirPlay, etc) are still unresolved and the upgrades to at least level 2 autonomy are not making progress, I’ll have trouble writing a $100K check……. Any comments or advice?
To be fair, homelink works fine, just not the best interface for it...

To be fair, homelink works fine, just not the best interface for it...
Yeah it pops up ok for me but my home automation option via Siri to open the garage comes up before Homelink does so I always use that instead.

Back