Gravity: to Reserve or Not to Reserve?

The thing that would cinch the deal for an early reservation would be if Lucid were to offer something like the Dream Edition with a bit more power and features (higher torque rear motor, forged wheels, Santa Monica interior, etc.) than the full-run models.
Based on the teaser, the dream edition will make a return. Also, I don't think you need another 1111 hp SUV... go for the DE-R this time if those variants even exist!(i'm hoping for a tri motor DE)

I think it's going to be better than what we currently have in the Air.
I’m hoping that when Gravity is released, the rest of the fleet gets some bug fixes and new features to match as close as possible the Gravity. Kind of like when Apple releases a new Ipone and many of the new phone features become available through an IOS upgrade. Part of me thinks (hopes) that this is the reason why meaningful OTAs have slowed lately.

I’m hoping that when Gravity is released, the rest of the fleet gets some bug fixes and new features to match as close as possible the Gravity. Kind of like when Apple releases a new Ipone and many of the new phone features become available through an IOS upgrade. Part of me thinks (hopes) that this is the reason why meaningful OTAs have slowed lately.
I would be shocked if this wasnt the case. Based on what we have seen, the cockpit isnt drastically different.

We really want a large 3-row SUV, and currently own an EQS SUV. While the EQS is extremely nice and great for road trips, I just don't love it. I'm not excited to drive it and I'm not a fan of the styling.
Pros: efficiency, range, luxury, ADAS, and charging speeds.
Cons: looks, no front trunk, sportiness, lack of captains chairs.

We owned a Rivian R1T for 12 months. I loved the Rivian style, interior, and UI, but I'm not really a truck guy. So we ended up selling the R1T. The R1S would logically be excellent option to replace the EQS. However I don't need the off-road capabilities, the efficiency is terrible, and so are the charging speeds.
Pros: styling, acceleration, front trunk, UI.
Cons: efficiency, charging speeds, suspension noise, road noise, lack of luxury features, lack of captains chairs.

What I really want from the Gravity is R1S like front truck and acceleration, EQS levels of efficiency and charging speeds, and Lucid Air luxury sport interior and driving dynamics. Ideally it will also have a 6 seater option with captains chairs, and more third row leg room compared to the EQS/R1S. If it simply had the same UI as the Air I would be satisfied.

I would like to see Lucid begin to offer trade-ins for the Gravity, and leases right from the start especially because of EV price fluctuations.

We most likely will reserve one right away assuming there aren't any unwanted surprises. I give it a 75/25 chance we take delivery. There are some other lower cost alternatives that will hit the market in the next 12 months (Volvo EX90 and Kia EV9) that will be intriguing as well.

No doubt, some software developments for Gravity will make their way to Air.

It is worth remembering Gravity will have a different cockpit layout, and much of the hardware will not be equal between Gravity and Air. There are bound to be some things they can do with the newer hardware setup that simply won't be possible on the current Air architecture. This is inevitable.

But many of the goodies for Gravity will end up in Air, I'm sure.

After almost two years with an Air, Lucid would really have to turn its back with the Gravity on the engineering and design thought processes that produced the Air for me to decide against getting one. Yeah, I might prefer sliding rear doors over swing doors, and I might prefer power-operated doors over the Air's soft-close doors, etc. But the direction in which each of such relatively minor decisions might break would not impact my decision to buy the Gravity if it resets the bar in its category the way the Air did for the electric sedan . . . and I'm pretty sure it will.

Part of the reason I'm hesitant about whether to reserve at the earliest opportunity has to do with my own impulses. If I reserve early and Lucid were to notify me that my vehicle was up for order confirmation, I might have a very hard time resisting even if I had since decided to wait for the car to get past the early production phase. (I know this is kind of like the guy who scrawls in lipstick across the bathroom mirror "stop me before I kill again." But patience has come to me fairly late in life and still has only a tenuous foothold.)

Another part of the reason is that I suspect -- worry, actually -- that the Gravity order books might not exceed production capacity even early on and that vehicles might be available with short lead times from the outset. (As a buyer, that's great. As a stockholder, I'd like to see the order books break the shelf.)

The thing that would cinch the deal for an early reservation would be if Lucid were to offer something like the Dream Edition with a bit more power and features (higher torque rear motor, forged wheels, Santa Monica interior, etc.) than the full-run models.
Based off the teaser, the DE interior will at a minimum have a brown leather, maybe option-able but it'd be cool to have a exclusive color combo again.

I may go to a studio to check out the launch. Got an RSVP email for this option earlier today:

1699567737554.png

I may go to a studio to check out the launch. Got an RSVP email for this option earlier today:

View attachment 16200

I got it, too. However, it said that no Gravities would be on view at Studios until next year. The phrase "to experience some of what Lucid will be displaying" in Los Angeles may mean some interior bento boxes, wheels, or other such Gravity-related objects would be on display?

I got it, too. However, it said that no Gravities would be on view at Studios until next year. The phrase "to experience some of what Lucid will be displaying" in Los Angeles may mean some interior bento boxes, wheels, or other such Gravity-related objects would be on display?
They will probably show a video

I’m wondering how long it will be before we start seeing Gravity at the studios. I’m hoping by early next year they have one sitting in the studios for people to see and sit in. Even if they are pre-production like they did with Air.

I also hope they show it off at other auto shows beyond LA. They need to make it as accessible as possible to people sooner rather than later. I think it’ll be far more impressive in person than in pictures.
It’ll be at the NY auto show in the Spring too

I’m wondering how long it will be before we start seeing Gravity at the studios. I’m hoping by early next year they have one sitting in the studios for people to see and sit in. Even if they are pre-production like they did with Air.

I also hope they show it off at other auto shows beyond LA. They need to make it as accessible as possible to people sooner rather than later. I think it’ll be far more impressive in person than in pictures.

Attachments

• 20211210_162855.jpg
    20211210_162855.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • 20211210_161837.jpg
    20211210_161837.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 72
These are pics of a pre-production Air not long after Lucid opened a studio at Tysons in Nov 2021. I had read about Lucid for a long time and couldn't wait to see one in person. Yes, I would also like it if a pre-production Gravity made it to different studios. It would certainly attract attention!

We really want a large 3-row SUV, and currently own an EQS SUV. While the EQS is extremely nice and great for road trips, I just don't love it. I'm not excited to drive it and I'm not a fan of the styling.
Pros: efficiency, range, luxury, ADAS, and charging speeds.
Cons: looks, no front trunk, sportiness, lack of captains chairs.

We owned a Rivian R1T for 12 months. I loved the Rivian style, interior, and UI, but I'm not really a truck guy. So we ended up selling the R1T. The R1S would logically be excellent option to replace the EQS. However I don't need the off-road capabilities, the efficiency is terrible, and so are the charging speeds.
Pros: styling, acceleration, front trunk, UI.
Cons: efficiency, charging speeds, suspension noise, road noise, lack of luxury features, lack of captains chairs.

What I really want from the Gravity is R1S like front truck and acceleration, EQS levels of efficiency and charging speeds, and Lucid Air luxury sport interior and driving dynamics. Ideally it will also have a 6 seater option with captains chairs, and more third row leg room compared to the EQS/R1S. If it simply had the same UI as the Air I would be satisfied.

I would like to see Lucid begin to offer trade-ins for the Gravity, and leases right from the start especially because of EV price fluctuations.

We most likely will reserve one right away assuming there aren't any unwanted surprises. I give it a 75/25 chance we take delivery. There are some other lower cost alternatives that will hit the market in the next 12 months (Volvo EX90 and Kia EV9) that will be intriguing as well.

I am anticipating on Gravity as well. With recent UI spoiled by R1S, I just hope Gravity will be having 70% of best of R1S + EQS/SUV + MX + Air, then I would take it.

Beats R1S in road noise reduction w air suspension
Beats or par with EQS/SUV in cabin luxury/design
Have rear video screen and tech of MX
Have Air cabin design and better than Air UI

My bar is not high, I can live with compromise just be at 70% par of each comparison, it will be dream machine and I’ll take earliest adoption.

Back