San Diego owners?

I'm not available for a meetup today unfortunately, Further, for the foreseeable future I'll only be reliably available on WEEKDAYS. Work scheduling limitations.

As it turns out, I'm meeting up with a friend and colleague for brunch. He wants to check out my brand new Air GT. We're meeting up at 1130 hrs today, Sunday, but we still don't know where. We're looking for brunch venue, sort of "midway" between him (Aviara - Carlsbad) and me (Chula Vista, Mexico). I'm having a dickens of a time finding a brunch spot that won't have an hour long wait at 1130 hrs in the morning. It's not easy.

All the above to say, I'd love to meet fellow owners? I think we'd learn more about our cars, talking amongst ourselves, rather than running everything by Lucid Customer Service. Who have been completely wonderful by the way.

Last edited:
Hello, San Diego folks. I have seen a recommendation for Auto Armor here on the forum for PPF and tinting. I believe they’re now called One on One. Any other recommendations? For those of used Auto Armor, were you pleased?

I'm not available for a meetup today unfortunately, Further, for the foreseeable future I'll only be reliably available on WEEKDAYS. Work scheduling limitations.

As it turns out, I'm meeting up with a friend and colleague for brunch. He wants to check out my brand new Air GT. We're meeting up at 1130 hrs today, Sunday, but we still don't know where. We're looking for brunch venue, sort of "midway" between him (Aviara - Carlsbad) and me (Chula Vista, Mexico). I'm having a dickens of a time finding a brunch spot that won't have an hour long wait at 1130 hrs in the morning. It's not easy.

All the above to say, I'd love to meet fellow owners? I think we'd learn more about our cars, talking amongst ourselves, rather than running everything by Lucid Customer Service. Who have been completely wonderful by the way.

Just re read my own posting above. I really need to edit more thoroughly before posting. “…I’d love to meet fellow owners ‘?’…”
Jeez…

Well, I’m available weekdays. Live in Poway; we can meet halfway sometime. Anyone else?

Hello, San Diego folks. I have seen a recommendation for Auto Armor here on the forum for PPF and tinting. I believe they’re now called One on One. Any other recommendations? For those of used Auto Armor, were you pleased?
I think @Steve11ca, @Easyrider949, @Dr.E all had their cars done at One of One and @Sandvinsd was thinking about it but don't remember him ever updating that he got it done. Mine is there now.

Well, I’m available weekdays. Live in Poway; we can meet halfway sometime. Anyone else?
Sure, but as a retiree, I'm probably busier and have a much more unpredictable schedule than when I was working. Just depends on when. The AZ folks seem to pick a place and time and see who can show up. I'm in Escondido. It's only 40 minutes Esco to CV so as long as rush hour isn't involved, I'm good with wherever. Shoot Grand Ole BBQ in Flinn Springs is the same distance as CV - haven't eaten there but it's supposed to be a huge venue and highly rated.

I think @Steve11ca, @Easyrider949, @Dr.E all had their cars done at One of One and @Sandvinsd was thinking about it but don't remember him ever updating that he got it done. Mine is there now.

Don’t know anything about One-of One. I’ve used 5 Points Auto Spa in Kearny Villa since 2017. They’ve wrapped all three of our Teslas, and do the yearly reconditioning of the Ceramic Pro coating too. They do terrific work. I trust them implicitly. So much so that I’m dropping my two-day-old GT off with them tomorrow morning for PPF and Ceramic Pro coating, even though they’ve never worked on a Lucid Air before.

Sure, but as a retiree, I'm probably busier and have a much more unpredictable schedule than when I was working. Just depends on when. The AZ folks seem to pick a place and time and see who can show up. I'm in Escondido. It's only 40 minutes Esco to CV so as long as rush hour isn't involved, I'm good with wherever. Shoot Grand Ole BBQ in Flinn Springs is the same distance as CV - haven't eaten there but it's supposed to be a huge venue and highly rated.
Grand ole....is LEGIT GOOD. A meetup there would be worth the nor cal guys going down 😂

Grand ole....is LEGIT GOOD. A meetup there would be worth the nor cal guys going down 😂
Next time you're in AZ, if in the mood for some BBQ, try The Thumb. It's on your way to Gilbert.
Last time I checked, they didn't have a charging station, though. But they do have 100 Octane gas.

I used Pure Design (www.puredesignsd.com). Excellent service and was a very good fit for me. Pics of my car along with descriptions of what they did for me can be found in the interior/exterior forum section I believe. 100% recommend.

I have used them for ppf, ceramic and window tinting, they did a great job and would highly recommend them

For those of you who got your front windshields tinted, were your guys able to do it without creating a seam anywhere in the glass? Could they tint your windshield from base to mid-roof, using one almost continuous sheet of film?

For those of you who got your front windshields tinted, were your guys able to do it without creating a seam anywhere in the glass? Could they tint your windshield from base to mid-roof, using one almost continuous sheet of film?
Yes!

Yes

Is any of you who had the PPF and tinting done willing to meet up for a few minutes someday soon? I’d like to take a look and see the result before I decide the amount of tinting I’d like to do. I’m happy to come to you!

Is any of you who had the PPF and tinting done willing to meet up for a few minutes someday soon? I’d like to take a look and see the result before I decide the amount of tinting I’d like to do. I’m happy to come to you!
Whenever I get my car back, hopefully by the weekend but who knows. I am presently in Portland Oregon and will be back on the weekend

But seriously, if you guys arranged a meetup at Grand Ole...or anywhere really, I'd come down as long as I was free!

I registered. Are you going to be there?
Just saw this, I don't think so, unless my schedule clears up. Enjoy though these events are great!

Hello again, people.

My car has been at 5 Points Auto Detail in Kearny Villa since this past Monday. I was told that it wouldn’t be ready for pick up until tomrrow, Friday afternoon, after 1430 hrs. That’s fine, I just asked the shop to hold on to the car for me until next Wednesday morning, when I come back from out of town.

I’ve had three of our cars PPFed, coated and tinted by this shop, and each time the price was in the region of $2000. Each time, because it would have felt awkward not to have done so, at the time of signing for the credit card charge, I added a $200 tip.

In retrospect, I think what I did was excessive and completely unnecessary. Next week’s bill will come to close to $4900. I’m certainly not tipping them ANYTHING.

What do you all think?

Back