Rivian purchase

Make sure you sign up for EA charging plan as there is no free Rivian charging except at a very small handful of RAN chargers. You’ll get a discount charging at EA if you sign up, you can cancel if you wish when you get home. Safe travels. Be sure to sign up on Rivianforums . Com if you already haven’t.
New learning curve again. I really hope I don’t brick in EA driving back to Texas.

Lol, grats I thought you were joking when you said you won one.

Thank you bro!
I don’t know is it bc it’s Launch Limited Edition or what, it seems Rivian is overloaded with wood trims. And they do feel good touching the sanded smooth grains and laser brand engraving. And I think it has new car outdoor smell of woods.

Lucid AGT doesn’t have this much wood as R1S. It’s ridiculous how they can ramp up like this. The wood are sanded with refined curves and they are all over the place on steering wheel, dashboard, chair coat hooks, every door panels and center console.

View attachment 8809View attachment 8810View attachment 8811View attachment 8812View attachment 8813View attachment 8814View attachment 8815
When do you get it? I think I’m just as excited for you. The GT is the car I wanted, but the R1S is the car my family needs.

Did you get a chance to test drive the that you went to see.

When do you get it? I think I’m just as excited for you. The GT is the car I wanted, but the R1S is the car my family needs.

Did you get a chance to test drive the that you went to see.
I didn’t get to test drive any. In fact, I got here so late, and with LA traffic I missed Bank before it closed. I will try again next day.

The baby is a beaut!
36F5D48B-8A98-4CD1-AD96-844551AC247E.jpeg
28023BF6-4D74-4BF8-BDF0-18AF3EFD6A88.jpeg
8BD029CA-D714-4660-A598-7B3EFD9C5B9A.jpeg
322A3038-20C5-4404-AA4E-2BCAF7E9ECA0.jpeg
D5BFAE6C-58BC-4339-8881-562FF7420739.jpeg
BEA39E2E-876C-4F67-9FD0-83F87FDBCE7A.jpeg
D77DBEC3-A4A6-48D6-B276-E34A0D844052.jpeg

LOL, I also have that configuration on order at pre increase pricing, but a delivery window of "2024".
I wouldn’t be surprised if they catch up with the backlog like with the R1T and you end up getting it sooner.

Remarkable! How is the ride? I’ve read so many conflicting accounts.
It cannot really compare to Lucid Air ride quality as I feel plenty of road imperfection of Los Angeles. For sure without even driving Mercedes EQS and Lucid Gravity, those 2 SUVs will beat this car’s ride quality with coil suspension; but I don’t mind if I compare to my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon as it is still way superior.
The trade off isn’t that bad with so many cool tech and gadget in the car. It is also very cool this car adjust suspension level at different driving speed and with so many drivetrain modes to choose from.

Remarkable! How is the ride? I’ve read so many conflicting accounts.
This is what Doug DeMuro’s evaluation, basically all time high score along with McLaren F1 for Rivian R1S.
4A210F86-9337-4DFA-98A1-0186B41D8F4A.jpeg

This is what Doug DeMuro’s evaluation, basically all time high score along with McLaren F1 for Rivian R1S.View attachment 8882
Debating the original 4 motor version vs the 2 motor. Given your brief ownership, do you think 75% of your acceleration would be adequate?
PS…I have no need to depress my eyeballs with a “functional“ vehicle.

Well .. this doesn't bode well for my pre-price hike order ... "EV maker Rivian to cut 6% of jobs"
Rivian has more products than Lucid, but they need to focus more what they have in hand of 90,000 reservation orders outside of Amazon EDV before their orders switched to other brand tires of waiting. In addition at 3x of Lucid staff, it’s time to trim some fat in recessive evonomy.
Debating the original 4 motor version vs the 2 motor. Given your brief ownership, do you think 75% of your acceleration would be adequate?
PS…I have no need to depress my eyeballs with a “functional“ vehicle.
QUAD MOTORs with big caliber brakes is OVERKILL. I believe R1S is about 6500 lbs. I think dual motors is good enough, if they can get to Max Pack of 180 kW later on sacrificing 2 motors, it would be great. I rather lose 1.5 sec acceleration and gain 80 more miles range to 400 miles. To me, anything under 5 sec is just a monster. 835 HP vs Lucid AGT 819 HP? Really?! Just OVERKILL.

Back