Rivian purchase

Literally nothing drives like a Lucid.

If you want to see why, take a look at the video Sandy Munro's shop just released of their examination of the undercarriage of the Air. The car has probably the most sophisticated suspension set up of any sedan in the world. Not a surprise, given that Peter Rawlinson once ran engineering at Lotus and Jaguar, two of the most storied suspension houses in autodom.

@Tesla2.0 I'm almost at the point where I’m ready to surrender my OG pricing.

89k, that’s the new lowest ever and 11,500 less than what I paid 10 weeks ago. Mine has additional cargo bars and extra spare tire though. And that one is even in rare launch edition limited color. I think market is close to bottom given weakened economy. That seller was very motivated seller with very low reserve price.
Try to find one not in west coast and drive back to California. West coast ones are higher ending price. Do I regret this purchase? Nope, it’s a damn good SUV, we have used it to move boxes while it’s been raining here. It’s very reliable, but I’m sure Gravity with spring suspension and not aim for off-road will top R1S in cabin luxury and comfort, this is not saying R1S is bad, seats are very comfortable. It is currently best SUV in the market IMO, just as Air is currently best sports sedan in the market.

@Tesla2.0 I'm almost at the point where I’m ready to surrender my OG pricing.

I haven’t canceled my reservation, I will wait til last minute. My friends and sister-in-law all love and want this SUV. Both R1S and Air turn heads, but we at Texas has more trucks and SUVs on the roads, I’m sure R1S will do very well in Texas.

89k, that’s the new lowest ever and 11,500 less than what I paid 10 weeks ago. Mine has additional cargo bars and extra spare tire though. And that one is even in rare launch edition limited color. I think market is close to bottom given weakened economy. That seller was very motivated seller with very low reserve price.
Try to find one not in west coast and drive back to California. West coast ones are higher ending price. Do I regret this purchase? Nope, it’s a damn good SUV, we have used it to move boxes while it’s been raining here. It’s very reliable, but I’m sure Gravity with spring suspension and not aim for off-road will top R1S in cabin luxury and comfort, this is not saying R1S is bad, seats are very comfortable. It is currently best SUV in the market IMO, just as Air is currently best sports sedan in the market.
Don’t feel bad, nothing has depreciated faster than my first gen R8 purchased a month before they rolled out the V10 version.

I don’t think I’m going to hold out for the Gravity. Seems too far out and they haven’t provided any guidance on pricing. I’ll wait until the April update and if the R1S is still pushed to next year, we will pick up a used one.

wow .. that is almost what my reservation price is at ... for a Launch Edition

still not sure how it'd be serviced here in NC (since they won't even give me a date yet)... very frustrating
I have a love hate/relationship with Rivian. They have proven time and time again that they will not hesitate to throw their long term reservation holders under the bus. They will get away with it until there is a viable competitor.

Don’t feel bad, nothing has depreciated faster than my first gen R8 purchased a month before they rolled out the V10 version.

I don’t think I’m going to hold out for the Gravity. Seems too far out and they haven’t provided any guidance on pricing. I’ll wait until the April update and if the R1S is still pushed to next year, we will pick up a used one.
I got mine at 888 miles odometer. I barely consider that as used car. Like I said, if I consider today’s configurator price of Adventure Edition, I only overpaid 4k plus carandbids commission. Launch edition comes with free 22” tires/wheels upgrade + niche badging from Adventure Edition. So not much difference. What I really wanted is ocean white interior and 180kW Max pack. But I can live with this, who knows price may go up or down 2 years from now, as far as I’m concerned, it cost Rivian and Lucid more money to build their flagship vehicles than their current sales price, so it’s a win for me as early adopter.

I got mine at 888 miles odometer. I barely consider that as used car. Like I said, if I consider today’s configurator price of Adventure Edition, I only overpaid 4k plus carandbids commission. Launch edition comes with free 22” tires/wheels upgrade + niche badging from Adventure Edition. So not much difference. What I really wanted is ocean white interior and 180kW Max pack. But I can live with this, who knows price may go up or down 2 years from now, as far as I’m concerned, it cost Rivian and Lucid more money to build their flagship vehicles than their current sales price, so it’s a win for me as early adopter.
888 miles is just a good week of travel soccer for us. Lol

888 miles is just a good week of travel soccer for us. Lol
Yeah, now it’s already at 4800 miles. (2000 was fr CA to TX) It might pass out Air by end of year. Air is weekend and special occasion ride, R1S is raining, grinding, people and things mover ride.

@Drendino, i found someone compiling this data on Carsandbids, so with a bit more patience, you may see leveling off at 87k soon. For R1T, it was leveled off at 80k.

4DFA6F47-DFC8-4AC5-958D-E418CE830C7C.jpeg

Interesting .. those are probably all Launch Edition .. I wonder what the Adventure packages are going to be worth ..

Well, I'm waiting until their next "messaging" (assuming it happens in April as they indicated) letting us know when we can expect to be taken off of the "Processing Estimate" limbo. Otherwise, come May, my wife is going to have to buy another SUV (ICE or EV .. at this point, it doesn't matter to her anymore .. she's put almost 100K miles on her car since we reserved the R1S).
:(

@Drendino, i found someone compiling this data on Carsandbids, so with a bit more patience, you may see leveling off at 87k soon. For R1T, it was leveled off at 80k.

View attachment 11076
It will be interesting to see how your projection holds up. The wild card is interest rates and it wouldn’t surprise me to see the R1S resale for 80k once they are done with launch editions. The actual cost of ownership is going to be a barrier for many as the economy continues to unwind.

Interesting .. those are probably all Launch Edition .. I wonder what the Adventure packages are going to be worth ..

Well, I'm waiting until their next "messaging" (assuming it happens in April as they indicated) letting us know when we can expect to be taken off of the "Processing Estimate" limbo. Otherwise, come May, my wife is going to have to buy another SUV (ICE or EV .. at this point, it doesn't matter to her anymore .. she's put almost 100K miles on her car since we reserved the R1S).
:(
Polestar 3!

Those in auction were all Launch Edition. Rivian produced a little shy of 25k units for all their models last year, and are on projection of 50k units this year, so those speculators wanted to flip for profit will get burned as they ramp up. I’ve see Hummer closed at 260k on 105k MSRP. But GM only made 860 of them last year (2~3 per day).
DC8E1141-17A4-4BEB-AA68-B7D9BC989622.jpeg

It will be interesting to see how your projection holds up. The wild card is interest rates and it wouldn’t surprise me to see the R1S resale for 80k once they are done with launch editions. The actual cost of ownership is going to be a barrier for many as the economy continues to unwind.
I have a BIG F250, but I still prefer to use R1S to move things protecting from rain.
2FCB303B-22A9-4AE6-AB79-1B4145560404.jpeg
A32EAEFA-0E37-4823-9E05-A4682C77C822.jpeg

Did Elon buy that 2nd one? Seems like a price he'd bid...
Very observant…

Certainly “no Hummer, no bummer” kind of action auction.

Polestar 3!
Intriguing, but it might be a bit too small for us, plus (as w/ the others I have reservations for .. Volvo EX90 and Hummer EV SUV), it's not currently available. .. ugh

Those in auction were all Launch Edition. Rivian produced a little shy of 25k units for all their models last year, and are on projection of 50k units this year, so those speculators wanted to flip for profit will get burned as they ramp up. I’ve see Hummer closed at 260k on 105k MSRP. But GM only made 860 of them last year (2~3 per day).
View attachment 11078

I have a BIG F250, but I still prefer to use R1S to move things protecting from rain.View attachment 11081View attachment 11080
I don’t know if it is an illusion, but the interior looks huge.

I don’t know if it is an illusion, but the interior looks huge.

R1T is 12” longer than R1S, BUT, if you fold down 2nd row, that usable space is actually WAY LONGER than R1T truck bed since R1T cannot fold down 2nd row seats like Chevy Silverado EV truck can.

Rivians are already getting close to outnumbering Teslas here in Boulder. Which is not surprising, given how much Coloradans like their trucks. But even the R1-S is now pretty ubiquitous. Saw my first one a couple of weeks ago. Now I see two or three per day.

Back