Rivian purchase

I guess it makes sense .. If I were to place a reservation now for the same R1S that I have on order, I'd be paying $20K more (for the same car & options) .. and, of course, I have no idea when I can expect mine whereas these Launch Editions are available right now.
Launch Edition was limited edition, they are no longer available. And Rivian adjusted price for inflation. It is no longer 79k, more like 94k now.

Just got this update. Rivian is constantly adding functionality improvements.

Attachments

• Rivian kneel mode.jpg
    Rivian kneel mode.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 111
Launch Edition was limited edition, they are no longer available. And Rivian adjusted price for inflation. It is no longer 79k, more like 94k now.
Exactly, the Launch Editions are being delivered now, so for the "right price", folks can get their hands on one right now (if they find a seller & don't mind paying $$$$$), whereas others (like me) that have orders in for 1+ yrs have no idea when we can get our car ... but, at least the price we locked in is much less than those folks that order one now (for my R1S and my selected options, $20K more) .. 🙄

Just got this update. Rivian is constantly adding functionality improvements.
Is this real?
I didn't get that notification .. the wife will be VERY grateful as our dogs are getting older and have a problem getting in/out of her current SUV .. 👍

Is this real?
I didn't get that notification .. the wife will be VERY grateful as our dogs are getting older and have a problem getting in/out of her current SUV .. 👍
Just received notice our R1S order is scheduled for Jan-Dec 2024. Wide open window !!! Rivian promised Quarterly updates. Placed the order May 2022 when we received the R1T and were impressed with the overall built quality of the truck.

Just received notice our R1S order is scheduled for Jan-Dec 2024. Wide open window !!! Rivian promised Quarterly updates. Placed the order May 2022 when we received the R1T and were impressed with the overall built quality of the truck.
I ordered our R1S in July. I hope it’s not far behind you, or maybe you got a bump for being a repeat customer.

Well Consider yourself lucky. We placed our order in mid 2021 and just got an email that is Depressing!!!

Basically, "Processing" ...
  1. They will not update our delivery "estimate" until January 2023.
  2. Deliveries are being prioritized by SC location (not order date) .. AND
  3. There's no mention of IF (or when) a SC will be launched near us .. OR what constitutes a SC location close enough to provide a delivery
My wife is livid. We were about to buy her a new car in 2021 when we [mistakenly] thought we'd be on a delivery schedule for Jan. 2022.. It could take years for Rivian to implement a SC in Charlotte (2024?, 2025?). In the meantime her current SUV is guzzling away into the 100K+ miles. The crazy thing is that the current Rivian locations are actually already closer to us than the Lucid SC.

I guess I'll be looking at interim ICE options.. 😠

Attachments

• 2022Oct28 emailUpdate.JPG
    2022Oct28 emailUpdate.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 86
I ordered our R1S in July. I hope it’s not far behind you, or maybe you got a bump for being a repeat customer.
Are homo sapiens allowed to use this feature?
I don't believe the option is geo fenced but will lower anytime it is put in park, and will raise at speeds over 8MPH . Stops lowering if the door is opened. I have not tested it but will this weekend, with homo sapiens, as we have no pets.

I don't believe the option is geo fenced but will lower anytime it is put in park, and will raise at speeds over 8MPH . Stops lowering if the door is opened. I have not tested it but will this weekend, with homo sapiens, as we have no pets.
I was kidding.

Well Consider yourself lucky. We placed our order in mid 2021 and just got an email that is
  1. Depressing
  2. Depressing
Basically, "Processing" ...
  1. They will not update our delivery "estimate" until January 2023.
  2. Deliveries are being prioritized by SC location (not order date) .. AND
  3. There's no mention of IF (or when) a SC will be launched near us .. OR what constitutes a SC location close enough to provide a delivery
My wife is livid. We were about to buy her a new car in 2021 when we [mistakenly] thought we'd be on a delivery schedule for Jan. 2022.. It could take years for Rivian to implement a SC in Charlotte (2024?, 2025?). In the meantime her current SUV is guzzling away into the 100K+ miles. The crazy thing is that the current Rivian locations are actually already closer to us than the Lucid SC.

I guess I'll be looking at interim ICE options.. 😠
Same here. Wife picked up an IX from our local BMW dealer to use while waiting for the R1S.

Got the same email. Got the same window.

For people that are on here complaining about how Lucid can’t estimate a delivery date properly, I point you to exhibit A: Jan to Dec of 2024 !!!

Completely ridiculous of Rivian to give a 1 year window.

For people that are on here complaining about how Lucid can’t estimate a delivery date properly, I point you to exhibit A: Jan to Dec of 2024 !!!

I love it lol maybe it was a typo, but still

Agreed.
I couldn't believe how efficient Lucid was and how communicative they were (and have been). Nothing like it. I had 3 EV reservations on order. The Lucid was the last order I placed and the first to be delivered.

Rivian has been a complete mess ... I didn't even get a window. Does that mean I'm looking at 2025 ?? (and, again, there are 2 Rivian SCs closer to me than the closest Lucid SC .. yet Lucid managed just fine). ... btw, there are a lot of R1T's here in CLT already. How were they able to be delivered w/o SCs ?? Ridiculous!

Back