Rivian Delivery Timeframe

manitou202

Verified Owner
Cars
AirTouring EQS SUV Ioniq5
My wife and I decided to cancel our Air Grand Touring reservation. Ultimately we decided that we need a larger vehicle with three kids and two big dogs. I was pushing to make it work as I prefer sedans over SUVs, but after a lot of reflection we feel it's best to wait for another option.

Our plan is to take delivery of our Rivian R1S order later this year and put down a deposit on the Gravity SUV as soon as they begin taking reservations. The Rivian will be nice and is the size of vehicle we need as our primary driver, but the Gravity will ultimately be the best of both.

I'm still going to hang around the forums to see how things progress with the Lucid Air and hopefully watch things continue to improve. I believe Lucid has built the best EV available (even if the software still needs work) and plan on being a future customer.

My wife and I decided to cancel our Air Grand Touring reservation. Ultimately we decided that we need a larger vehicle with three kids and two big dogs. I was pushing to make it work as I prefer sedans over SUVs, but after a lot of reflection we feel it's best to wait for another option.

Our plan is to take delivery of our Rivian R1S order later this year and put down a deposit on the Gravity SUV as soon as they begin taking reservations. The Rivian will be nice and is the size of vehicle we need as our primary driver, but the Gravity will ultimately be the best of both.

I'm still going to hang around the forums to see how things progress with the Lucid Air and hopefully watch things continue to improve. I believe Lucid has built the best EV available (even if the software still needs work) and plan on being a future customer.

I didn't think any Rivian R1S orders were coming until H2 2023. That's the expected date I received a couple months ago and I reserved mid 21.

January 5th which is why i'm very optimistic \ skeptical of the dates provided when I see others down the line not getting VINS with the same spec who confirmed in Nov\Dec
My rep had told me they would make the 4-month mark for me, which is May 7th. I am crossing my fingers.

I didn't think any Rivian R1S orders were coming until H2 2023. That's the expected date I received a couple months ago and I reserved mid 21.

The R1S launch edition start deliveries in May 2022. My delivery window is July - August. There is a good chance it will be late, but everything is at the moment.

The R1S launch edition start deliveries in May 2022. My delivery window is July - August. There is a good chance it will be late, but everything is at the moment.

Okay, difference being launch edition I think.

We last heard June/July timeframe, but my husband has yet to decide if he wants it or not. You may luck out with the recent price hikes and have your timeframe moved up.

I would consider it, the price point is great, but not real attracted to the truck box appearance and lack of running boards.

But you have 209 posts...that's a lot of effort to cancel ;). Seriously, best wishes with the Rivian. Will love hearing what you think of it.

I saw my first Rivian R1T today. It’s smaller than I expected. About the size of an older Ford Ranger. I sure hope the Gravity comes out by 2023.

I saw my first Rivian R1T today. It’s smaller than I expected. About the size of an older Ford Ranger. I sure hope the Gravity comes out by 2023.
It won't unfortunately

I saw both the Pickup and the SUV on my drive up the PCH last week. The SUV "looked" bigger than I expected, but I only got a quick glimpse as I passed them on a hairpin turn just south of Elk, CA. They appeared to be doing a photo shoot or shooting a commercial, lots of people parked in a field just down the hill with a sign on the fence that said "Crew". It was the second or third Rivian truck I saw driving between San Diego and Avenue of the Giants over the 8 day trip.

It's also got a huge number of deliveries which is a-lot more than I can say for Lucid :D

The Rivian SUV is huge. 4inches longer than the Lucid and VERY wide (81.8 inches with mirrors folded).
I want to like it, but it looks like a cross between a RR and a Ford truck. Maybe I need to see in person, as it may be available sooner than either my Touring and for sure the Gravity.

I want to like it, but it looks like a cross between a RR and a Ford truck. Maybe I need to see in person, as it may be available sooner than either my Touring and for sure the Gravity.
I had one reserved and the moment I saw it charging at a site in person I went home and cancelled my reservation. There is something about it that just looked weird to me and I actually think the truck looks better than the SUV. I'm not a truck person either but if I had to choose between the 2 it would be the truck hands down.

It's also got a huge number of deliveries which is a-lot more than I can say for Lucid :D
Again, does it count as deliveries if it's to employees?

Back