Rivian Engineering

The market segment point is a different topic. The market for large luxury sedans is small. BMW 7, Audi A8. It was the market entry choice for Lucid for that very reason. The broader point is this: is a nearly 7,000 lb. vehicle, with a 130KWh battery, which achieves 2.5 mi/KWh best case, the next gen future of automotive transportation for this planet? That vehicle will never generate a profit on a fully loaded basis at its price point nor will it achieve any social or carbon reduction goals.
You sure don’t let facts get in the way of a good hypothesis. The reason Rivian hasn’t reduced the price of the R1S is because the waitlist for orders placed today at the full price is measured in years. Rivian has a thousand problems, but demand is not one of them. While everyone else is cutting prices, Rivian still struggles to meet demand and instead is making great progress on vertical integration. Citing their quarterly report rather than a hit piece would lead to a better conversation.

But the Lucid Gravity SUV will be miles ahead of Rivian's efficiency.
Ahead, but not sure miles ahead. Depends on how heavy Gravity SUV would be. Rivian just announced 150kWh 405 miles range.

Lucid has beautiful sporty cabin look, but Rivian has lots of practicality. For the instrument panel/infotainment design, I like Lucid’s aesthetic; on the other hand Rivian’s software GUI on those 2 rectangular panels are just so well implemented. They just released new OTA update yesterday which I’m looking forward to being data nerd like to see as many gauges as possible.

A5BE9D96-DB58-49DC-9986-5FC2A8E853D9.jpeg
4DE92566-1AFF-42A5-9575-524F5D83A5FE.jpeg
5B9D5E50-58B7-49B6-AA1B-51C50B8208FA.jpeg
AE25067D-6101-4A9F-BBA6-226126FDAAA7.jpeg

Ahead, but not sure miles ahead. Depends on how heavy Gravity SUV would be. Rivian just announced 150kWh 405 miles range.

Lucid has beautiful sporty cabin look, but Rivian has lots of practicality. For the instrument panel/infotainment design, I like Lucid’s aesthetic; on the other hand Rivian’s software GUI on those 2 rectangular panels are just so well implemented. They just released new OTA update yesterday which I’m looking forward to being data nerd like to see as many gauges as possible.

View attachment 15371View attachment 15370View attachment 15372View attachment 15373
Impressive data....but data/software is not the same as having good EV tech. 150KW for 405 miles range? I bet you Gravity will be at least 30% more efficient.

I drove the Rivian pickup, felt like i was riding a horse. Wasn't impressed by the handling. Definetly not a drivers vehicle.

View attachment 15371View attachment 15370View attachment 15372View attachment 15373
Wow, that’s a great new look. Looking forward to that OTA. Very robust! 😂

Rivian is miles ahead in terms of software :)
I’ve had two OTAs since receiving our R1S. The first included one touch, geofenced gate and garage openers. The second exponentially improved the ride quality, by changing the suspension across all ride profiles. I have no doubt that they will continue to improve efficiency, like they did with prior OTAs.

When did you get this update? Haven't gotten one for my R1S yet. Looks awesome

I’ve had two OTAs since receiving our R1S. The first included one touch, geofenced gate and garage openers. The second exponentially improved the ride quality, by changing the suspension across all ride profiles. I have no doubt that they will continue to improve efficiency, like they did with prior OTAs.
It just seems like Rivian has a bigger software group to push things out quickly and fix things. Even though I hear it's much improved, lucid software still feels like it's in beta (the first buggy iteration an alpha lol)

It just seems like Rivian has a bigger software group to push things out quickly and fix things. Even though I hear it's much improved, lucid software still feels like it's in beta (the first buggy iteration an alpha lol)
Holy crap, Halloween mode is in the next OTA. 💀

When did you get this update? Haven't gotten one for my R1S yet. Looks awesome

I haven’t. I read from X app. I’ll see that update next week when I get back home.

The article was a hit piece IMO. Rivian forum members also seem to agree.

For Rivian, r2 is all or nothing. They could become a superpower with it.

Also, the lucid is 77k and the r1s 78k.. where did the 20k come from? Just asking.
It seems you're discussing an article or topic related to Rivian and Lucid electric vehicles. Without the specific context of the article or discussion, it's challenging to provide a detailed response. However, it's not uncommon for articles to have varying opinions, and discussions among forum members can also differ.

Regarding the pricing of the Lucid and Rivian vehicles, prices can vary based on trim levels, optional features, and other factors. The prices you mentioned may not reflect the same configurations or may not include additional costs like taxes, fees, and delivery charges. It's always a good idea to check the manufacturer's website or contact a dealership for the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information for specific vehicle models and configurations.

It seems you're discussing an article or topic related to Rivian and Lucid electric vehicles. Without the specific context of the article or discussion, it's challenging to provide a detailed response. However, it's not uncommon for articles to have varying opinions, and discussions among forum members can also differ.

Regarding the pricing of the Lucid and Rivian vehicles, prices can vary based on trim levels, optional features, and other factors. The prices you mentioned may not reflect the same configurations or may not include additional costs like taxes, fees, and delivery charges. It's always a good idea to check the manufacturer's website or contact a dealership for the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information for specific vehicle models and configurations.
Can you stop inputting my responses and asking ChatGPT to respond to them? Your profile shows you have done this for every response and its very obvious.

Can you stop inputting my responses and asking ChatGPT to respond to them? Your profile shows you have done this for every response and it’s very obvious.
I just put your reply into chat GPT and asked it to reply. This is what I got. I think you need to be added as a bot moderator…😂😂

It's interesting to hear your perspective on the article and the Rivian R2. Indeed, many Rivian enthusiasts are eagerly awaiting its release, hoping it will help the company establish itself in the electric vehicle market.

Regarding the pricing, it's possible that the $20,000 difference you mentioned between the Lucid and the R1S might be due to various configurations and options. Vehicle pricing often varies based on features and add-ons selected by the buyer. It would be a good idea to check with Rivian's official website or a local dealership for precise pricing details.

...a local dealership for precise pricing details.
Maybe he used bard then, lol! But what did you mean by bot moderator? That joke flew over my head! Other than the "perspective on R2" section, the two responses were very similar though..

You sure don’t let facts get in the way of a good hypothesis. The reason Rivian hasn’t reduced the price of the R1S is because the waitlist for orders placed today at the full price is measured in years. Rivian has a thousand problems, but demand is not one of them. While everyone else is cutting prices, Rivian still struggles to meet demand and instead is making great progress on vertical integration. Citing their quarterly report rather than a hit piece would lead to a better conversation.

You missed my point entirely. I’m suggesting the high manufactured cost of the Rivian calls for higher pricing.

Maybe he used bard then, lol! But what did you mean by bot moderator? That joke flew over my head! Other than the "perspective on R2" section, the two responses were very similar though..
Meaning, you can be a moderator with the task of patrolling for ChatGPT posts. 😂

Meaning, you can be a moderator with the task of patrolling for ChatGPT posts. 😂
Perfection! I wonder if there are auto-moderators powered by AI(bots) that scan for things that break the guidelines, and then report it to the real mods who check it over. That would be very useful in this forum...

You missed my point entirely. I’m suggesting the high manufactured cost of the Rivian calls for higher pricing.
And you missed mine, which is they can charge higher prices because there is a waitlist measured in years. Do you think Lucid and almost every other auto manufacturer started a pricing war because their production costs came down or because demand decreased? Even if Rivian further brought down manufacturing costs, why would they reduce prices when they can’t even keep up with demand at higher prices? The laws of supply and demand are in full effect.

And you missed mine, which is they can charge higher prices because there is a waitlist measured in years. Do you think Lucid and almost every other auto manufacturer started a pricing war because their production costs came down or because demand decreased? Even if Rivian further brought down manufacturing costs, why would they reduce prices when they can’t even keep up with demand at higher prices? The laws of supply and demand are in full effect.
Agree, Rivian seems to have no demand issues, unlike Lucid. But again, SUV's are the craze right now. Gravity when it starts delivering next year should fix that problem for Lucid. By then, I'm sure Lucid will be a household name.

Many criticized Lucid for not making an SUV or smaller car first. But the more I think about it, their approach is correct. Imagine coming out with your expected volume seller first and noone heard of the company before! Imagine if the Gravity came out 2 years ago with the horrible 1st iteration software. that would be the end! Lucid seems to be the tortoise in this race.

Everyone drops MSRP to stoke demand, Rivian actually increased price. Product speaks itself from ownership experience. I haven’t met a disgruntled Rivian owner in EA station. They are always smiling chin to chin. That’s best marketing!

Back