Removed sunvisor mod

DreamTour

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
SU5XF4DI
Sharing a nice way to make your removed sunvisor look good in the car.

Bought a pair of aluminum caps, spray painted the outside matte black then put two adhesive neodynium magnets on the inside (sticks to the mounting screws). It's a perfect fit, removable and easy to restore to factory if you change your mind. Enjoying the wide open air with it!

IMG_7818.jpg
IMG_7819.jpg

We have to use the sun visors almost every day in south Florida, but I think they are the only really sour visual note in the interior design. (The center console has poor functionality, but it's not visually disconcerting.) However, endless head scratching has left me with no better idea for where Lucid could have put the visor. I suppose they could have done something like Tesla does with the Model X, but that cantrail is already so bulky that I'm not sure it could have handled a docked sun visor, too -- at least one big enough to do any good.

I've even toyed with the idea of removing the sun visors and keeping a couple of these in the car:
Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 10.28.59 AM.png

Sharing a nice way to make your removed sunvisor look good in the car.

Bought a pair of aluminum caps, spray painted the outside matte black then put two adhesive neodynium magnets on the inside (sticks to the mounting screws). It's a perfect fit, removable and easy to restore to factory if you change your mind. Enjoying the wide open air with it!

View attachment 9347View attachment 9348
Can you link the caps you bought?

9275K192

Fair warning, the aluminum caps are just cold pressed so i had to clean up the edges. I have access to a lathe to make it super clean but you could do it with a file and enough patience :)

What's the easiest way to remove the visor? I am terrified of touching this car lol, so a guide would be helpful

I had my detailer do it since they have the right trim tools. AFAIK you just pry the plastic cap off and unscrew the two torque bolts. If you have the right trim tools it’s pretty fast.

Back