About to take delivery of your new Air? Check these items first!

Tires are a pretty obvious item. They are right on the outside of the car. It appears that more than one car has been shipped with wrong sized tires (i.e., not the tire size ordered). How do these get through QC?I
I asked myself that same question. The crazy thing is that back in September I was so worried about all the other things to check that I didn't even think to look at the wheels/tires .. I "ass-u-me-d" that they'd be correct.. after all I've bought a number of new vehicles (including other online orders) and I've NEVER had this problem. (btw, I was told by Lucid CS at that time that to switch the wheels/tires from 21" to 19" and vice-versa was an $8K price tag)

Now after experiencing 2 bubbles in 2 tires in <2K miles .. I'm not sure if I should've stuck w/ the 19" wheels/tires (though some folks have had issues w/ them as well).

Just wish I could get some All-Season tires .. or something less likely to bubble and burst. ugh!

This is the second report we've seen on the forum of incorrect size tires. My guess is someone missed a detail somewhere. Strange, but at least it's easy to fix. Unlike, say, the wrong interior color.
When I arrived Goose Island Saturday the delivery guy introduced me to "my" car---except it had 19's and I'd spec'd 20's. We checked the VIN and my order and concluded the wrong wheels were put on the right car. They had 20's in stock and made the switch (20-30 minutes) while I waited..

Just curious if the sticker on the driver’s door jam had the right tires listed for all those who had the wrong tires on the car.

Just curious if the sticker on the driver’s door jam had the right tires listed for all those who had the wrong tires on the car.
No---and the "window sticker" spells out 20's

This is the second report we've seen on the forum of incorrect size tires. My guess is someone missed a detail somewhere. Strange, but at least it's easy to fix. Unlike, say, the wrong interior color.
Here's the 3rd report. My ZR Touring arrived in Riviera Beach with 20" tires not the 19s I spec'd. They were able to swap them out & calibrate the correct tires with only a couple of days delay. I wss able to get the car just before year-end & got my $7,500 tax break. Still have a few software & key fob issues but glad to have the car.

Funny, I didn't think to check before. The sticker in my car has the 19" wheels, but I checked my VIN and build date and they match the documentation. Not sure what happened since I confirmed my order in May 2022 and have had the 21" selected on every document before and after the Purchase Agreement. The car was built in Aug 2022 and delivered in September 2022 .. with the 19" wheels/tires, so I'm not sure what happened.
Since I rejected the delivery for other reasons, ti turned out to only cost me an additional 2 days or so (while they found 21" wheels/tires).

After 3 months of ownership, I am very pleased. 😇 My car has been stellar and exceeded my expectations, not a rattle, not a creek, it's totally solid, great range, drives like a dream, amazing sound system, seats are super comfortable with great support etc....I can text customer service 24/7 and get an answer back to my questions, or even request a software update in minutes, it's soo cool. This car is on par with any German made car interns of quality of the build, and feels more like a higher end Aston Martin/Maserati tiered GT car, than a Mercedes or BMW to me.. This is possibly the best American car that has ever been made at many levels. I get the "post" luxury thing that they talk about at Lucid now that I own one. I got into a Mercedes and it was nice and super plush, but to me it felt a bit heavy and just too much of everything and "old Luxury" to me, when I back into my Air~ it just felt crisp, light, and good , not minimalist but not old luxury either.. I would love to see the Air~ come out in a GT 2 door to compete with an BMW 850, Maserati Granturismo, Or Aston Martin! 🤩

Has anybody seen any defects on the leather dash at delivery? I got mine yesterday late at night and did a quick inspection this morning before I took it to get detailed. I’ll pick it up tomorrow and do a complete delivery checklist per the start of this post I did notice a 3 to 4 inch scratch or defect in the leather in a fairly noticeable location on the Passenger side front dash above the Alcanterra. I’m actually worried about it because it’s something I would see literally every time I drove the car. I’ve not discussed it with Lucid yet so this isn’t a complaint about their willingness to rectify the situation. In fact, I’ve been really impressed with the level of effort the delivery team put into making it a positive experience. Even when there were delivery timing issues outside of their control and the car showed up late, they really keep in touch and make you feel great about the experience.

Funny, I didn't think to check before. The sticker in my car has the 19" wheels, but I checked my VIN and build date and they match the documentation. Not sure what happened since I confirmed my order in May 2022 and have had the 21" selected on every document before and after the Purchase Agreement. The car was built in Aug 2022 and delivered in September 2022 .. with the 19" wheels/tires, so I'm not sure what happened.
Since I rejected the delivery for other reasons, ti turned out to only cost me an additional 2 days or so (while they found 21" wheels/tires).
Please advise how to check VIN and build date (or please link to existing resource).

Please advise how to check VIN and build date (or please link to existing resource).
I think what he meant is to look at the VIN on the car and the build date, which is located in the drivers door jamb, to make sure they match the paperwork.

Thanks for the list! My car seemed mostly pretty good, even the panel gaps, except one major issue. Frunk broken at delivery. Doh! Anyway, I’m used to these kind of teething issues from Tesla/rivian ownership. Hope to get it resolved soon!

Thanks to our wonderful members for compiling the lists of checklists for delivery, particularly @SaratogaLefty with his post HERE and subsequently @zkhan2 with his list HERE. I'm going to post the most recent checklist as some of the earlier items no longer apply.

After the post is an attached checklist you can print.

OUTSIDE CAR CHECK LIST
  • Check panel/door gaps
  • Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
  • Frunk alignment and gap
  • Rear door seals
  • Check all exterior lighting
  • Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
  • Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
  • Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
  • License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
  • Alignment of glass
  • Quality of glass
  • Scratches on glass?
  • Look for paint swirl marks and dust divots
  • Look for paint pig tailing (happens from sanding out contaminants)
  • Look for polishing compound (i.e. wax) on trim edges
  • Look for glue on trim
  • Make sure trim is flush to body
  • Look for paint overspray on trim (usually very small spots)
  • Make sure trim is attached to wheel well
  • Check door, frunk, trunk openings for places where repaint overspray got under tape
  • Look for taped edges that are sharp on repaints
  • See if door cross/mid trim (between widow and door panel) is not loose.
  • Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and also from inside the car.
  • Trunk and frunk rubber gasket glue and alignment
  • Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center
INSIDE CAR CHECK LIST
  • Setup Bluetooth with Phone
  • Facial Recognition Profile Setup
  • Setup Alexa Voice Command
  • Login to Tidal
  • Where is my Sirius/XM radio number
  • Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
  • Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading
  • Instructions for Setting Up Homelink
  • Mobile Key setup on Lucid App:
  • Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (iPhone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
  • Setup second driver profile
  • What does Valet need -Key fob or Key card?
  • Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with Electrify America (EA Account Setup)
  • Navigation Setup
  • Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
  • Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
  • Window shades operation fully functional
  • Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
  • Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
  • Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
  • Check Air Vents Adjustability
  • Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
  • Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
  • Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
  • Do all the vents blow air, and can all of them be adjusted – front and rear?
  • Do all seat belts work?
  • Do all window switches work?
  • Check operation of all inside door latches.
  • Check all interior, puddle, glove box, storage bin, reading, frunk, trunk lights.
  • Headrest adjustment.
  • Lumbar adjustment.
  • Glovebox
  • Window shades/visors
  • Door lock and unlock from inside – all doors
  • Auto headlights
  • Auto high beam
  • Mirror dimming
  • Adjusting interior light levels
Thanks for posting this. On any other brands of car I probably wouldn't worry about these things, especially since I get to see the actual car in most cases when in inventory before purchasing. What's the best course of action if we find an issue on the day of delivery?

Thanks for posting this. On any other brands of car I probably wouldn't worry about these things, especially since I get to see the actual car in most cases when in inventory before purchasing. What's the best course of action if we find an issue on the day of delivery?
Just read prior post in this chain on options. Thanks all!

cars been ready for two months. Just waiting for ridiculous DA and financial services blunders and issues. I finally received some sort of agreement that was almost close and I said it’s fine. I can’t take it anymore. DA pushed. I got the insurance I was doing what because he said oh the car is on its way to you now so you need to sign. I said OK but he’s gotta get here during daytime. They brought the car which had been ready they said, but it was too dark. I couldn’t see anything. I asked about the roof cause I couldn’t say but he said oh I’m sorry the car is dusty that’s why. The car was filthy. I thought there was something wrong with the paint, but again it was too dark, but I ran my finger through it.
Needless to say, I told him I couldn’t see and I couldn’t accept delivery
So now I’m minutes away they’re bringing the car back supposed to be 10 AM, but they need more time to detail it .. so about 45 minutes and it gets dark here
Hoping and praying I’m at the end of the rainbow. and thank you for this list…

cars been ready for two months. Just waiting for ridiculous DA and financial services blunders and issues. I finally received some sort of agreement that was almost close and I said it’s fine. I can’t take it anymore. DA pushed. I got the insurance I was doing what because he said oh the car is on its way to you now so you need to sign. I said OK but he’s gotta get here during daytime. They brought the car which had been ready they said, but it was too dark. I couldn’t see anything. I asked about the roof cause I couldn’t say but he said oh I’m sorry the car is dusty that’s why. The car was filthy. I thought there was something wrong with the paint, but again it was too dark, but I ran my finger through it.
Needless to say, I told him I couldn’t see and I couldn’t accept delivery
So now I’m minutes away they’re bringing the car back supposed to be 10 AM, but they need more time to detail it .. so about 45 minutes and it gets dark here
Hoping and praying I’m at the end of the rainbow. and thank you for this list…
Good luck! The car will be worth it TRUST US!!

Back