Reminder! June 30 last day to upgrade PURE

I totally understand the price increases and I appreciate Lucid keeping the old prices for old reservations. Also appreciate the refundable deposit.

With regards to costumers downgrading, making new reservations, etc, that's just us adjusting to new rules and policies that Lucid added. If they allowed original pricing when either upgrading or downgrading then people wouldve likely just kept their original reservations. Lucid is likely wanting to lock in more profits with the higher trims hence theyre making it harder for people to downgrade.

Or if they also made the deposit non refundable but consistent then that will filter out multiple reservations from people who really only want one. But then that can scare off some people from reserving then Lucid will have a lower reservation numbers to show off to investors.

Bottomline is, regardless of what Lucid plans to do (unless it's their plan to confuse and trap people in situations), consistency and proper communication of information is not a lot to ask for.

I totally understand the price increases and I appreciate Lucid keeping the old prices for old reservations. Also appreciate the refundable deposit.

With regards to costumers downgrading, making new reservations, etc, that's just us adjusting to new rules and policies that Lucid added. If they allowed original pricing when either upgrading or downgrading then people wouldve likely just kept their original reservations. Lucid is likely wanting to lock in more profits with the higher trims hence theyre making it harder for people to downgrade.

Or if they also made the deposit non refundable but consistent then that will filter out multiple reservations from people who really only want one. But then that can scare off some people from reserving then Lucid will have a lower reservation numbers to show off to investors.

Bottomline is, regardless of what Lucid plans to do (unless it's their plan to confuse and trap people in situations), consistency and proper communication of information is not a lot to ask for.
To be fair, the only thing Lucid said officially in their initial announcement of the price hike is that reservations made prior to June 1st would be honored at the old price. That's it. Not a single word about upgrading or downgrading. There has never been a "policy" on that. At least not one I can find anywhere in writing from the company itself.

It was after the announcement people started speculating here that they could downgrade, upgrade, make extra reservations, and so on. Many just went ahead and assumed Lucid would honor that. Others asked their SA and DA, who, faced with no definitive answer, cobbled together whatever they could. There was lots of conflicting answers, if I recall.

Anyone who has been here for more than a week knows by now that anything coming from a random DA or SA is to be taken with a grain of salt. Who knows if this upgrading/downgrading question was ever actually escalated to upper management? Possibly not.

The only other official announcement on the subject came to Touring reservers during the month of June. That one specifically offered an upgrade to GT or GT Performance at the old price, and only until June 30th.

To date, Lucid has never said anything else officially about upgrading a reservation at the old price. They've never said anything about downgrading, period.

Should representatives not speculate as to what policy might be? Absolutely. Should Lucid train its employees to not answer these questions until they get official word from on high? Yes. But we all know how people react here when their SA doesn't get back to them or tells them "We don't have any new information."

So, like I said. Damned if they do. Damned if they don't.

My policy at this point is to trust what I hear coming directly from Lucid in the form of the web site, press releases, and emails from upper management. And that's it. Everything else, as far as I'm concerned, is speculation. Better not to make plans based on info coming from anywhere else.

To be fair, the only thing Lucid said officially in their initial announcement of the price hike is that reservations made prior to June 1st would be honored at the old price. That's it. Not a single word about upgrading or downgrading. There has never been a "policy" on that. At least not one I can find anywhere in writing from the company itself.

It was after the announcement people started speculating here that they could downgrade, upgrade, make extra reservations, and so on. Many just went ahead and assumed Lucid would honor that. Others asked their SA and DA, who, faced with no definitive answer, cobbled together whatever they could. There was lots of conflicting answers, if I recall.

Anyone who has been here for more than a week knows by now that anything coming from a random DA or SA is to be taken with a grain of salt. Who knows if this upgrading/downgrading question was ever actually escalated to upper management? Possibly not.

The only other official announcement on the subject came to Touring reservers during the month of June. That one specifically offered an upgrade to GT or GT Performance at the old price, and only until June 30th.

To date, Lucid has never said anything else officially about upgrading a reservation at the old price. They've never said anything about downgrading, period.

Should representatives not speculate as to what policy might be? Absolutely. Should Lucid train its employees to not answer these questions until they get official word from on high? Yes. But we all know how people react here when their SA doesn't get back to them or tells them "We don't have any new information."

So, like I said. Damned if they do. Damned if they don't.

My policy at this point is to trust what I hear coming directly from Lucid in the form of the web site, press releases, and emails from upper management. And that's it. Everything else, as far as I'm concerned, is speculation. Better not to make plans based on info coming from anywhere else.
Thanks for explaining exactly the problems I'm referring to.

And yes, lots of conflicting answers and I was gathering info I found myself and from what others have found and posted here. We also had just 1 month when price increase and lock deadline was announced. People who are set on the trim they want, then this whole thing is non issue, but all of a sudden people who are not set on a trim for whatever reasons (financial, schedule, etc) are pressured to make decisions on cars whose availability are uncertain.

Problem mostly stems from lack of official announcements addressing those legitimate questions. Ironic that we can't even trust info coming from Lucid agents and lower level management.

Back